Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all?

+5
UNCLE JIMMY
NormM
cookingirl
bethk
Cookin Lore
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 14]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Veggie pasta with fresh tomato sauce and ricotta cheese dollops.

April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 14 Img_1825

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Hi guys, how are you all doing? I did not visit this site for a long time, I went back to Indonesia for 2 months and just got back yesterday. My Mom passed away on Feb 17th, she was 97 going on 98, I was still on my flight back when she passed, I was 4 hours late, she passed in peace. We were fortunate at that time the virus thing has not reached our country yet, so we could have a beautiful full funeral for her, lots of friends and families came to pay their respects to her, we were surprised to see a lot of them whom we did not see for decades showed up, they remembered her kindness, she helped out a lot of them. Knowing that makes us proud of her. So I stayed for a while to be with my siblings in this hard time.

2 weeks later, our country got the first case of this virus, and then more and more, we all choose to stay home, I stayed home for more than a month, went out occasionally, to visit her graveside, we did our groceries online and had them delivered, it was so depressing, worried about my big family, also worried about Dirk and his family here. I tried to reschedule my flight back here earlier than my original flight plan, but a lot of flights got cancelled, finally I got one, a week earlier than my schedule, I was afraid that both of our governments shut down the airports. Here I'm, back to my home sweet home

I've not read all the posts I missed yet, I'll try catch up once I settle down. I hope you all are doing well, stay safe and be healthy

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda, I am so very sorry to hear your mother passed away. You are such a devoted daughter and will miss her, I'm sure. May time ease your heart.

We're all glad you're back with Dirk and hope you take the time to rest and care for yourself. We'll be here waiting patiently whenever you want to pop in and say 'hello'.

Bugster2

Bugster2

I am so pleased you were able to have a funeral for your mother before the virus hit. I am glad it wasn't the virus that took her life. 98 years is amazing. I am surprised you were able to get back home with all the canceled flights and such. Stay inside, order your groceries, and quarantine yourself for 14 days to make sure that you are well.

cookingirl

cookingirl

Imelda, I am so sorry to hear of your mom. Sounds as if she had a good life. To be remembered by so many loving friends and family is a blessing. ((hugs))
Nice to hear you had a proper send off for her, before the virus.

Good to hear you are back home and safe.. It is nice to have you back.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda..... God help your family during this hard time with mom passing.
God take her into his arms.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I got extra points for making one of his favorite meals ~ fish on the grill. He had salmon, I had grouper. We were both happy.

April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 14 04_29_11

April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 14 04_29_12

April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 14 04_29_13

NormM

NormM

Glad you are back Imelda. Sorry to hear about your mother but it was good that you could go to the funeral.

When I went to the Asian market the other day, in the frozen section were packages of bulgogi and Kalbi all ready to go.  Just thaw and cook.  I tried a couple, not expecting too much but they were both good. They are worth getting some more and keep in the freezer for a quick dinner.  I found the cooking directions informative. LOL April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 14 20200429
April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 14 20200428
April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 14 20200431
April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 14 20200430

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:
April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 14 20200430

Hahahahaha! Love it!

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Thank You Beth, Bugster, Cookingirl, Jimmy and Norm for the nice words. It's good to be home, I'm still going to stay home  for at least 2 weeks, I hope I did not catch the virus while I was on my flight, I covered my face the whole trip, but we can't be sure where the virus, anything could happen.

It's so sad to see the empty seats in the plane, I counted, it was about 2 dozen passengers in the whole plane on my flight from Japan to LA, no line when boarding or getting off, and it's sad to see the quiet and empty LAX, one of the most busiest airports in the world, the officers on the immigration desks were more than the visitors, everything was smooth and easy, no question asked

April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 14 94427610
April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 14 94504710
April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 14 94758510

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

NormM wrote:Glad you are back Imelda. Sorry to hear about your mother but it was good that you could go to the funeral.

When I went to the Asian market the other day, in the frozen section were packages of bulgogi and Kalbi all ready to go.  Just thaw and cook.  I tried a couple, not expecting too much but they were both good. They are worth getting some more and keep in the freezer for a quick dinner.  I found the cooking directions informative. LOL
April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 14 20200428

Are they tender Norm? Do you have to cook them long?

NormM

NormM

They were tender. In the restaurant, they use scissors to cut the ribs away from the bone and we do too. They took about ten minutes on the grill. The bulgogi is cut so thin that it is done in the skillet in less than four minutes.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

"Mikes Casserole" Called that, because our friend Mike Will not eat it. It's only fried ground beef and onions, tomato sauce and mixed frozen vegetables; with P berry blue tube biscuits on top, with a topping of shredded cheddar cheese. I'm not a fan of casseroles, but I had a portion..... THE END!

April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 14 Img_1826

April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 14 Img_1827

Cookin Lore

Imelda HL wrote:Thank You Beth, Bugster, Cookingirl, Jimmy and Norm for the nice words. It's good to be home, I'm still going to stay home  for at least 2 weeks, I hope I did not catch the virus while I was on my flight, I covered my face the whole trip, but we can't be sure where the virus, anything could happen.

It's so sad to see the empty seats in the plane, I counted, it was about 2 dozen passengers in the whole plane on my flight from Japan to LA, no line when boarding or getting off, and it's sad to see the quiet and empty LAX, one of the most busiest airports in the world, the officers on the immigration desks were more than the visitors, everything was smooth and easy, no question asked

April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 14 94427610
April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 14 94504710
April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 14 94758510

I'll add my condolences for the loss of your mother here. Yes, it is always sad, but as others have said, she had a good life, and that it is good that it was not the virus that she had to deal with. We also had a family member die during this stressful time. Hubby's 97 year old aunt fell in her apartment in a senior living home, fractured 3 ribs and developed pneumonia. We were only allowed 10 guests, and only graveside. It is sad to see the empty seats on the plane, and in the airport because it means that so many people are suffering with jobs lost.

I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful meals.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I have some large bone-in pork chops in a salt/sugar brine ~ they'll go on either charcoal or gas grill, Dane's choice. I've got a sweet potato to split, some green beans & I'm trying to decide if I want to steam some cabbage. Maybe I'll just blanch the beans since they're cleaned & ready to go & then put them in some ice water. For some reason the cabbage with pork sounds good to me tonight......and we don't need two vegetables along with the potato.

bethk

bethk
Admin

The charcoal grill did a perfect job on the pork chops ~ just what my mouth was hungry for!

April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 14 04_30_11

Cookin Lore

That looks great. If I get foolish enough to decide to move from my condo, it will only be because I found a place with a balcony so that I could have a grill. But that's highly unlikely. I'm too lazy to even think of packing everything up and moving.

I had the last of any leftovers I had in the fridge today. I made a stew on Monday (I think) had a bit of that left, and I made a really good rice a few days ago, had some of that left, so tonight, I just dumped the two together, and it was great. Rice was brown basmati and Canadian wild rice, cooked in vegetable broth, then I added a can of corn, some chopped red pepper, a bunch of parsley and spices. Having the gravy from the stew on it was great. Tomorrow I cook again!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had carry out pizza with mushrooms topping.
Garlic Knots, and Sicilian pizza for Tina. She likes square / thick pizza.
Raining moderately all day.

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have been up all night sick with a kidney stone. The pain and nausea have eased but I still feel sick with nausea and the shakes, I have been being treated for a UTI but the antibiotics were not working. I got another kind which makes me sick. Add that to the stone and I feel terrible. I don't think I can cook tonight. I have got to call my doctor and ask if the infection had moved to my kidneys and that is the reason for the stone. I don't think I can eat anything today.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I have been up all night sick with a kidney stone. The pain and nausea have eased but I still feel sick with nausea and the shakes, I have been being treated for a UTI but the antibiotics were not working. I got another kind which makes me sick. Add that to the stone and I feel terrible. I don't think I can cook tonight. I have got to call my doctor and ask if the infection had moved to my kidneys and that is the reason for the stone. I don't think I can eat anything today.

Oh Debbie, I feel so bad for you!

Bless you! ....... Cipro is what they usually prescribe for Tina, when she gets a uti.

Bugster2

Bugster2

I can't swallow Cipro,even cut in half. Ground up is so bitter that I throw it back up. They used to make a liquid formula for kids that I could get down, but it has been discontinued.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had Tina's potato pancakes for supper....Plus, fried meatballs.
I had mine with sour cream. Tina had hers with grape jelly! Weird combo.
April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 14 Img_1828

April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 14 Img_1829

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I can't swallow Cipro,even cut in half. Ground up is so bitter that I throw it back up. They used to make a liquid formula for kids that I could get down, but it has been discontinued.

Debbie, try using jello together with the pill, and remember, don't hold / tip your head back when you swallow, but look downward as you swallow.

bethk

bethk
Admin

CLOSED ~ GO TO THE NEXT MONTH

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:CLOSED ~ GO TO THE NEXT MONTH

Ooops...... Which Month??? I forgot already! hahahahaha

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum: