Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chili Lime Steak Fajitas

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chili Lime Steak Fajitas Empty Chili Lime Steak Fajitas Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:05 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Chili Lime Steak Fajitas
Serves 4. Recipe from cafedelites.com / Some double marinade

Marinade:
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
2 Tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon brown sugar (or honey)
3/4 teaspoon red chilé flakes (adjust to your preference of spice)
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 lb. skirt steak, flank steak or rump steak [or chicken thighs or breasts]
Fajitas:
3 bell peppers of different colors: red, yellow & green, seeded and sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 avocado, sliced
Optional Serving Suggestion:
Flour tortillas (optional) [we prefer corn tortillas, warmed on stove]
Lettuce leaves for low carb option
Extra cilantro leaves to garnish
Sour cream (optional) to serve

Marinade:
Whisk marinade ingredients together to combine. Pour out half of the marinade into a shallow dish to marinade the steak for 30 minutes, if time allows. Alternatively, refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight [skirt marinates quickly]. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking.
*Refrigerate the reserved untouched marinade to use later*
For Skillet:
Turn on fan! Heat about one teaspoon of oil in a grill pan or cast iron skillet over medium high heat and grill steak on each side until desired doneness (about 4 minutes each side for medium-rare, depending on thickness). [Might want to drain meat and dry it to get nice browning on the stove.] Set aside and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
For Grilling:
Heat barbecue (or grill) on high heat. Remove steak from the marinade. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes per side, or until desired doneness is reached. Transfer to a plate and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
For Vegetables:
Wipe pan or grill plates over with paper towel; drizzle (or brush) with another teaspoon of oil and fry peppers (capsicums) and onion strips. Add half of the reserved marinade, salt and pepper; continue cooking until done.
Assemble:
I added the meat I sliced against the grain into strips back into the pan with the vegetables along with some leftover marinade and tossed them together.
Written recipe said: To serve, slice meat against the grain into thin strips. Pack into warmed tortillas along with sautéed vegetables, extra cilantro leaves, sour cream, sliced avocado (or your desired fillings), and drizzle over any remaining reserved untouched marinade.
Notes: *Don't have time to marinade? Don't worry! The marinade has so much flavor in it already, you can let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes at room temperature while preparing all of your other ingredients!

2Chili Lime Steak Fajitas Empty Re: Chili Lime Steak Fajitas Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:38 pm

JanaAZ

we do something very similar. one thing we like to do is grill some poblanos. they are mild and give a great flavor. this recipe sounds delicious

3Chili Lime Steak Fajitas Empty Re: Chili Lime Steak Fajitas Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:19 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

JanaAZ wrote:we do something very similar.  one thing we like to do is grill some poblanos.  they are mild and give a great flavor.  this recipe sounds delicious

I love poblanos, too, Judy. And yes, these fajitas were really good. It was the first time I used skirt steak for fajitas and I preferred the skirt steak to flank steak. I did indeed double the marinade as my skirt steak was about 1.4 lbs. Delicious.

4Chili Lime Steak Fajitas Empty Re: Chili Lime Steak Fajitas Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:02 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Crybaby wrote:Chili Lime Steak Fajitas
Serves 4. Recipe from cafedelites.com / Some double marinade

Marinade:
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
2 Tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon brown sugar (or honey)
3/4 teaspoon red chilé flakes (adjust to your preference of spice)
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 lb. skirt steak, flank steak or rump steak [or chicken thighs or breasts]
Fajitas:
3 bell peppers of different colors: red, yellow & green, seeded and sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 avocado, sliced
Optional Serving Suggestion:
Flour tortillas (optional) [we prefer corn tortillas, warmed on stove]
Lettuce leaves for low carb option
Extra cilantro leaves to garnish
Sour cream (optional) to serve

Marinade:
Whisk marinade ingredients together to combine. Pour out half of the marinade into a shallow dish to marinade the steak for 30 minutes, if time allows. Alternatively, refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight [skirt marinates quickly]. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking.
*Refrigerate the reserved untouched marinade to use later*
For Skillet:
Turn on fan! Heat about one teaspoon of oil in a grill pan or cast iron skillet over medium high heat and grill steak on each side until desired doneness (about 4 minutes each side for medium-rare, depending on thickness). [Might want to drain meat and dry it to get nice browning on the stove.] Set aside and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
For Grilling:
Heat barbecue (or grill) on high heat. Remove steak from the marinade. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes per side, or until desired doneness is reached. Transfer to a plate and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
For Vegetables:
Wipe pan or grill plates over with paper towel; drizzle (or brush) with another teaspoon of oil and fry peppers (capsicums) and onion strips. Add half of the reserved marinade, salt and pepper; continue cooking until done.
Assemble:
I added the meat I sliced against the grain into strips back into the pan with the vegetables along with some leftover marinade and tossed them together.
Written recipe said: To serve, slice meat against the grain into thin strips. Pack into warmed tortillas along with sautéed vegetables, extra cilantro leaves, sour cream, sliced avocado (or your desired fillings), and drizzle over any remaining reserved untouched marinade.
Notes: *Don't have time to marinade? Don't worry! The marinade has so much flavor in it already, you can let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes at room temperature while preparing all of your other ingredients!

Looks good Michelle, I like fajitas, but sometimes my meats are a bit tough

5Chili Lime Steak Fajitas Empty Re: Chili Lime Steak Fajitas Sat May 02, 2020 2:47 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Imelda HL wrote:
Looks good Michelle, I like fajitas, but sometimes my meats are a bit tough

I know what you mean, Imelda. I found that the skirt steak worked a lot better for fajitas than the flank steak I normally use. Plus the skirt steak is so thin that it marinated well and cooked quickly, which added to its tenderness.

I'll bet this chili lime marinade would be super on chicken, too!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum