Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Provencal Flank Steak

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Provencal Flank Steak Empty Provencal Flank Steak Tue May 07, 2013 4:27 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

This is one of my summer "go-to" recipes, especially if I happen to have a couple in the freezer! Since I'm usually cooking for one or two these days I just cut my flank or London broil into smaller sizes and store in quart size zip bags which is nice so the marinade surrounds the meat.

Provencal Flank Steak
(adapted from Dream Dinners cookbook)

1 t. Minced Dried Onion (or substitute garlic)
1 t. Dried Rosemary, crushed
1/2 t. Chili Powder
1/2 t. Paprika
1/2 t. Black Pepper
1/2 c. Honey
3/4 c. Soy Sauce
1/4 c. Water
1/2 c. Red Wine

1 1/2 to 2 lb. Flank Steak

Mix all the ingredients and pour over flank steak in a zip loc bag. Marinate for 1 - 24 hours and grill over hot coals until med rare. Allow to rest 15 minutes. Cut thin on bias and serve.

I have found I can “stretch” this marinate to up to 3 good sized flank steaks (or London Broil – any thick beef will do) when I freeze them in zip bags. After thawing I find the marinate has done it’s job with the lesser amount.

Provencal Flank Steak 04-09-111

2Provencal Flank Steak Empty Provencal Flank Steak Wed May 08, 2013 3:34 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

I always wondered if freezing in marinade would work...

3Provencal Flank Steak Empty Re: Provencal Flank Steak Wed May 08, 2013 3:57 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I think the freezing aids in getting the flavor of the marinade ingredients into the meat, something about how the freezing and thawing expands the moisture in the tissue and allows the thawing marinade to seep in.

And with this recipe, coming from the Dream Dinners cookbook, you'll notice the herbs and onion flakes are dried. That's because the recipes are designed to be prepped ahead and stored in the freezer for a "meal in a bag", to to speak. DD is a neat concept and one I almost went into a lot of years ago ~ got as far as the interview process out in Washington State.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum