Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Steak Sauce

+3
bethk
NormM
Barbara101
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Steak Sauce Empty Steak Sauce Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:13 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

anyone buy this? I just saw AI on bogo.I have not used it in forever lol

2Steak Sauce Empty Re: Steak Sauce Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:34 pm

NormM

NormM

Huh. Now that you mention it, I always have a bottle of it in the fridge but I just realized that I hardly ever use it. There are some BBQ sauces that I use on meat more than A1. Two of them are local and one is only available by ordering on line.

Steak Sauce DSCN1243_zps3c7f37d9

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

3Steak Sauce Empty Re: Steak Sauce Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:35 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

My 11 yr. old grandson loves that stuff. For me, it rates right up there with Heinz 57.....just give me a hunk 'o beast and I'm fine without anything, unless, of course, we're talking ground steak. Then I want ketchup....hahahahaha

4Steak Sauce Empty Re: Steak Sauce Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:16 pm

JanaAZ

I like A1. Sometimes I'll use it to season meatloaf or meatballs too.

5Steak Sauce Empty Re: Steak Sauce Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:16 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

I like A-1 Sauce, too, and always have it in the house and treat it like a staple. But I, too, rarely use it. Occasionally, I like to use it on a nicely grilled hamburger on a big toasted bun with just a thick slice of onion and A-1 Sauce on top.

I will add a bit to a barbecue sauce I'm making here and there or a tablepoon or two to a gravy that is needing some brightening.

6Steak Sauce Empty Re: Steak Sauce Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:31 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I find it a bit potent to be used by itself but I will smear it on a steak or burger before grilling. I think I prefer Montreal Steak sauce over A1.

7Steak Sauce Empty Re: Steak Sauce Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:25 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Way back When...oh, about in the mid 60's to mid 70's....
There was a Ketchup that Hunts made that was called "Hunts Steakhouse Ketchup".
It was in a regular glass (at the time ) ketchup bottle, and looked the color of Ketchup, but maybe a little darker, but still red.
They stopped making it (I think ) and I wrote to Hunts, but they just mentioned a few BBQ steak sauces they made> As BBQ became so populay in the beginning.

My Goshes, I could remember going to a Outdoor Cookout that was as today's BBQ.
They would cook on a charcoal grill, and lay the burgers on Tin Foil to cook them.
If they had Char Grill Marks, they were considered burnt. hahahahaha

Anyone hear or use that Hunts Steakhouse Ketchup??? It had a little zing (heat) to it.
We bought it instead of regular ketchup until the kids wanted nothing different than regular ketchup.

8Steak Sauce Empty Re: Steak Sauce Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:28 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

no but I do remember when they tried to fake us out with green ketchup.. That was just not right ..lol...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum