Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner?

+4
bethk
Niagara Visitor
UNCLE JIMMY
Crybaby
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 17]

101June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:45 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Ms. Wendy cooked today. I was busy working on the car. I had a double cheese burger and a baked potato with extra butter.
Ms Christine had, a backed potato with cheese and chili.

We were supposed to have the braised burgers ( Salisbury Steak ) and veggies, so I guess tomorrow is another day.

102June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:08 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

gotta have mashed potatoes with salisbury steak, Jimmy ~ butter AND gravy, huh?

103June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:17 pm

NormM

NormM

I have not been doing much cooking because Charlie has not had much of an appetite and I am trying to lose some weight.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

104June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:26 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:gotta have mashed potatoes with salisbury steak, Jimmy ~ butter AND gravy, huh?
Yep! Butter Ooze!
I had double butter on my Wendy's potato.
It was light; because it was whipped butter. Neutral

105June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:34 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Good morning! This is another message typed in Word so I can “plop” it in a message before my computer closes this program.
Yesterday Microsoft called back as promised, only 10 minutes late I might add. That guy worked on the computer for about an hour and said all was fixed. What he did was replace the entire Windows operating system, as he said it had a flaw. When I asked him how come I’d been able to use the laptop for two years with no problems, he said that a download must’ve affected the OS. He told me it would take a while to download and that he would phone me back once completed. When I came back to the computer, Windows was walking me through the initial set up stuff verbally, which I completed. Before he did all this, he showed me where all but four programs on my computer were gone! Even though the chickadee who worked on it for five hours told me anything the computer came pre-loaded with would still be there. Not! Before he left me, I asked him if Norton was still on the computer, as it wasn’t in the list of four programs he showed me were left, and he said it was not.
So when the time was right to call them back, I told the woman I wasn’t going to call for the further “treatment” until I reloaded Norton as I didn’t want to keep going on the Internet without having some type of security. Luckily, I was able to stay upon long enough to google a tech support phone number for Norton. The man who answered said he would set me up with a new copy but he also wanted to research the problem I was having. Now remember, this is my THIRD day sitting in front of the computer just about for the entire freaking day! He looked around remotely for a while and got the download of Norton started and said since everything had been replaced and was brand new, he thinks it’s the touchpad on the laptop. I had a mouse here but it was an old mouse with a giant round connector so I have to go out and buy a mouse with a USB connection. If that works, I’ll know that’s the problem. Brian’s on his way to a friend’s house and he has an extra mouse; of course, it’s a Mac mouse so it doesn’t have the two “clickers” but I think I can use it by single- and double-clicking for the left and right clicks. But even if I can’t do much with the Mac mouse, at least I will see if once a mouse is connected, if the problem is indeed with the touchpad.
The Norton guy said it would be a pricey repair which is why he suggested getting around it by using a mouse; and though the two “clicker keys” under the touchpad can be removed for replacement, the touchpad is built in so the entire “top” of the laptop would have to be replaced to replace the touchpad itself. If I’m going to spend that kind of money, I might as well buy another laptop, which I could probably get for $500 or $600, and that purchase would have more RAM on it than my current laptop. I’m assuming the touchpad repair would cost around $300 or so but of course, I will check with HP to see what the cost would be and IF they have an authorized person in New Orleans to repair it if reasonable, as I’m not interested in mailing it back to HP for repair – I need to use the computer for too many things, not only for online banking, the taxes which I’ve yet to do (and natch planned to do last weekend), and once I replace my no-longer-here scanning program, I have to scan my I.V. medicine receipt and my bank account at the beginning of each month in order to get my insurance refund from a charitable foundation which helps me out. Now that my insurance premium is over $900/month, that reimbursement really helps me out financially!
A possible outlay of money to replace the computer is just what I don’t need right now, considering the work on the house which is just about to commence. I already shelled out $800 to pay for the new porcelain tile on Saturday, and put down a large deposit on the work to be done, and that’s just the tip of the repair iceberg!
At any rate, I hope to be back soon. Hopefully, the mouse will tell me if this latest diagnosis is correct; but considering everything on the computer has been replaced, I can’t help but think it is indeed the problem. Too bad I had to spend 20+ hours over three days hunkered down in front of this thing to find out!

106June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:29 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Bugster2 wrote:It sounds like (and this comes from a techie moron) that you might have to have all of your software removed and reloaded. You lose a lot but you might lose the bugs too.

Well, that's what they did and now it's still doing it. Hence, I think it is indeed the touchpad. It had better be! Brian is on his way home with the Mac mouse and assuming it is the mouse, I just ordered a wireless mouse from Amazon which will arrive tomorrow. I figured I'd better get wireless, as I work on the computer often while sitting in bed and I leave it plugged into the power cord. With a cord running out of my arm, and a cord connected to the computer, all I need is another cord with a mouse attached! From what I read online about the new "mice," they will pretty much work anywhere, including on the bed. I'm so used to the darn touchpad on the laptop that I'm sure the learning curve on the mouse will annoy the heck out of me but it beats buying a new computer.

Just realized a minute ago that my wireless printer will have to be "instructed" or reconfigured all over again as it's no longer going to "recognize" this computer! Thank goodness it's a damn HP printer, as I'll get them to help me if needed BEFORE I ask them for my money back!!!! I have to go downstairs and get the documentation which will include the serial number and the product number; whenever I register anything online, I write down both those numbers on the instruction manual that comes with it, be it a printer, a mixer, a coffee pot, etc., so I won't have to root around and try to read tiny little print off the back or bottom of something -- hard enough to do normally but a real pain in the butt with my back issues!

Man, this stuff just never seems to end...

107June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:32 pm

NormM

NormM

I have a mac computer and even though the (wireless) mouse does not have any buttons on it, I can right click and scroll just by moving my finger across it like you can with a touchpad.

108June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:37 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Beth wrote:I want pizza....wish a certain Mr. Amazing would agree.

But I want mine made MY way.....deep dish with fresh dough, cheese layer, topped with sliced green olives & chopped Vidalia onion, then 'splotches' of sauce (just a bit) and finally a sprinkling of Romano, freshly grated.

I'm not a fan of a lot of sauce on my pizza and I only want mozzarella ~ no cheddar, no colby....just mozzarella ~ oh, and the freshly grated Romano, for the saltiness.

I haven't made a homemade pizza in years. But when we order two mediums for delivery from Domino's, I get mine with extra cheese and extra sauce -- just plain! Love it like that. Brian orders his with bacon and Italian sausage (pieces not slices) and it tastes just like the best pizza we ever had in Mattapoisett, MA, which had crumbled linguica on it -- linguica is a greasy Portuguese sausage.
That combo really tastes a lot like the pizza we enjoyed so much and is really a tasty combo. Of course, we share so we both have pieces from each pizza but I usually eat more pieces than he does! The nice thing about leftover pizza is that you can separate the slices, slip them in a freezer bag and freeze -- it's easy to remove one or two slices to nuke for a nice lunch or a snack!

We don't get fast food very often but practically the only places that deliver are pizza places. Not so long ago, I checked to see how often we order pizza by checking at my online "record" with Domino's -- it was only three times a year which surprised me as I thought it would be more often than that...

109June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:40 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

NormM wrote:I have not been doing much cooking because Charlie has not had much of an appetite and I am trying to lose some weight.

Did Charlie ever invite those guys over from work, Norm?  I keep thinking how lucky those guys will be if they come over to a meal smoked by you.  I'll bet you'd be surrounded by all of them every time you made a trip to your smoker, too!

How many pounds are you looking to drop, Norm? It's nice if you don't have to cook for someone else, as it makes it a bit easier!

Last edited by Crybaby on Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

110June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:06 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

NormM wrote:I have a mac computer and even though the (wireless) mouse does not have any buttons on it, I can right click and scroll just by moving my finger across it like you can with a touchpad.

Yeah, on a Mac though, Norm. I don't know how it'll handle a Windows 'puter but I figured it's worth a try.

The computer is STILL trying to close things but it's giving me a bit of time to hit "cancel" in the box that appears once you click in the corner, which is why I'm getting some time to read all of your messages.

We had chicken breasts scallopini-style (my favorite way to enjoy chicken -- no lie!) with tarragon cream sauce for dinner last nice. Absolutely delicious. Brian had made it the day before while I went to the tile store and the grocery, where I bought way too much as usual! He found some bone-in breasts in the freezer and went ahead and boned them, too -- he even started a new freezer bag for stock, too! He was laughing when I was praising him for doing that, and said, "You've taught me well. And for a change, I was obviously listening!" I literally laughed out loud as I'm always telling him he doesn't listen to me. He HEARS me but that's completely different from listening, as the latter actually needs to be done for retention to come into play!

I now have two really healthy and big pots of French tarragon on the back deck. We use a lot of tarragon as we both like it. But like I do with a lot of fresh herbs, I use the dry ones in the beginning when I'm making something, and then when finishing the sauce, I add the fresh stuff. I'd bought tarragon herb plants at the garden center before but never liked the taste -- then I realized the type I had wasn't the French tarragon which is why it didn't have the desired taste we were looking for. So I ordered a plant online. That plant looked scraggly for a while but Brian looked after it and even planted a cutting of it in another pot -- so now we have two really healthy large plants thanks to him. He was never into gardening until shortly before he retired but really enjoys messing around with anything homegrown these days. I just wish our backs allowed us to do more, as we have that nice raised garden that we used to use all the time. We still use it but not to its full extent like we used to.

I've been growing some baby bok choy from seed in there lately. It's no longer baby anymore but we enjoy the full size stuff as well. I usually just brown up some bacon or pancetta, and add some onions and garlic and then add a bunch of roughly chopped bok choy; sometimes I add some tasso we made on the smoker. I think I mentioned it not so long ago as being another vegetable I found out Brian likes, which is a boon to me.

We had rain again yesterday and it's pouring again today. We've really been inundated with rain lately, not good for the plants as it's TOO MUCH rain! Tomato plants, both the big one and the cherries, are really having a hard time. New Orleans had 12 days of rain recently but here at the house, we only had about 9 days. We stopped checking the rain gauge after about 8 inches in three days -- so you can imagine how soggy everything is. The sunpatiens and the gerbera daisies, the former in both pots and hanging baskets, and the latter just in pots, look fantastic, which really surprised me as I thought they'd be all waterlogged by now -- they're blooming like crazy and are a real gift when you look at the yard, as they're the only color showing.

My lemon tree has some kind of bug infestation, as the new leaves are all curled when they come out so I have to deal with that. I have a desert rose out there in a terracotta pot that got some aphids on it; just treated it with Neem Oil a couple of days ago when it a dry day was forecast the next day so hopefully, that will take care of the problem; if not, I need to treat it again on Friday if no rain is expected. I love that plant and it's really looking good and growing great so I hope I can get the bugs under control, as it would kill me to lose it as I've been babying that thing for about 1.5 years now -- just love those bulbous trunks they get as they get bigger!

111June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:42 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

If it is indeed the keyboard/touchpad that is the problem, then buy another laptop. There is no need to spend $500 on one. Many of the office supply stores or BestBuy will have them on sale. I think I paid $300 for mine which has a 17" screen and Win10. I have been told that laptops usually go out after about 3 years. In my case, that seems to be true. Roomie's laptop died after 2 years. Our Ipod battery died after 2 years and Apple wanted $179.00 to install a new one. The average Joe can't do it because it requires soldering. Companies deliberately build things to break so you have to buy a new one. The $h--s. Joe just bought a $17.00 charger/external battery for the Ipod so he can still use it at the beach.

112June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:26 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Woo Hoo! No cooking tonight. I really didn't feel like it but had everything ready to go. Then Dane got a call from his sister. She's got a problem with her icemaker and has water leaking on her kitchen floor. He tried to 'talk her through' fixing the problem over the phone but she's clueless. So I said, "you can be there in a little over an hour.......GO!" Otherwise there will be even more problems that will be horrible to try and fix by tomorrow.

So, when he leaves (I've already put all the prepped supper stuff in the refrigerator) I'll decide where I want to go for supper. Shhhhhhhh ~ he probably thinks I'm going to eat leftovers ~ maybe I should toss something in the trash so he sees a storage container in the sink......Nah ~ he would be clueless. I get to go out to eat! Wonder what I'll decide on...............

113June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:45 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper is cooking in the lectric frying pan on simmer. Salisbury steaks.
Peppers, carrot sticks, celery chunks, onions and garlic whole to be thrown out when the steaks are finished.
Today was Neurologist day for Mrs. "T". Wants her to increase Lyrica to twice a day.
The burning and hurting is less, but moved to a different part of her head. Damn Shingles.

114June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:40 pm

NormM

NormM

Charlie has not invited anyone over and may not. He is going to start working from home soon. It is scheduled to rain next weekend but I may still smoke a brisket when the weather is nice even if it is just for the two of us. I can always freeze it after it's smoked. I plan to smoke a whole (but small) brisket. The point end is the best part of a brisket and it almost never comes up for sale by itself. You have to get the whole thing. Also when they sell a brisket flat at the grocery store, they always trim off all the fat and a brisket in the smoker for 10 hours or more, needs most of that fat cap to baste it while it cooks.

I am making pork shoulder, green beans and potatoes for dinner tonight. Pictures later.

115June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:50 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Bugster2 wrote:If it is indeed the keyboard/touchpad that is the problem, then buy another laptop. There is no need to spend $500 on one. Many of the office supply stores or BestBuy will have them on sale. I think I paid $300 for mine which has a 17" screen and Win10. I have been told that laptops usually go out after about 3 years. In my case, that seems to be true. Roomie's laptop died after 2 years. Our Ipod battery died after 2 years and Apple wanted $179.00 to install a new one. The average Joe can't do it because it requires soldering. Companies deliberately build things to break so you have to buy a new one. The $h--s. Joe just bought a $17.00 charger/external battery for the Ipod so he can still use it at the beach.

I will definitely buy another one rather than spend even a third of its value to get it fixed, Deb. But if I can remedy the problem and use it for a while with a mouse, I will definitely do that, at least until I get finished paying for the stuff we're getting done to the house. I know it's not a tremendous amount of money but I know me -- I'll probably be upgrading stuff as the house work gets going if need be to make it look nice, so I would rather stretch out the life of this laptop so I can use the bucks toward the house if I need to (or want to Laughing ).

I have the Mac mouse connected right now and it still occasionally repeats the problem but not as often, and the Mac mouse is not exactly working as a mouse should. I ordered a wireless Mouse today from Amazon which should come tomorrow so I'll see how that does -- it was only $13.00 for a Microsoft mouse, which I can return if it doesn't solve the problem. So far, it is giving me a lot more time online, though I've had to use my finger rather than the Mac mouse a lot as the mouse just isn't responding properly on Windows...

I'll definitely be looking at sales on laptops, though...

116June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:23 pm

NormM

NormM

Here was dinner tonight.

June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 20170612
June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 20170613

117June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:41 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Out here the only place you can get New England hot dog buns is either at a restaurant that makes lobster rolls, or you have to make them yourself. When I was in the grocery store today I walked past a large loaf of French bread. I thought I would give that a try for the rolls. I cut off the butt end, then sliced about 1/2 inch in, not quite to the bottom, then made another slice, half an inch away, but all the way through. A faux NE hot dog bun. I threw it in the toaster to brown and filled it with mustard, relish and a dog. Not bad.

118June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:17 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:If it is indeed the keyboard/touchpad that is the problem, then buy another laptop. There is no need to spend $500 on one. Many of the office supply stores or BestBuy will have them on sale. I think I paid $300 for mine which has a 17" screen and Win10. I have been told that laptops usually go out after about 3 years. In my case, that seems to be true. Roomie's laptop died after 2 years. Our Ipod battery died after 2 years and Apple wanted $179.00 to install a new one. The average Joe can't do it because it requires soldering. Companies deliberately build things to break so you have to buy a new one. The $h--s. Joe just bought a $17.00 charger/external battery for the Ipod so he can still use it at the beach.

I will definitely buy another one rather than spend even a third of its value to get it fixed, Deb.  But if I can remedy the problem and use it for a while with a mouse, I will definitely do that, at least until I get finished paying for the stuff we're getting done to the house.  I know it's not a tremendous amount of money but I know me -- I'll probably be upgrading stuff as the house work gets going if need be to make it look nice, so I would rather stretch out the life of this laptop so I can use the bucks toward the house if I need to (or want to  Laughing ).  

Tina is running Windows 10 ( upgraded from Windows 7 ).
Her problem is the mouse cursor, goes away, and takes whatever page she had open, and it disappears.
She does not use the mouse touch pad. She uses a wireless mouse. It's a problem that Microsoft had when they wrote the program for the pad.

119June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:24 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Out here the only place you can get New England hot dog buns is either at a restaurant that makes lobster rolls, or you have to make them yourself. When I was in the grocery store today I walked past a large loaf of French bread. I thought I would give that a try for the rolls. I cut off the butt end, then sliced about 1/2 inch in, not quite to the bottom, then made another slice, half an inch away, but all the way through. A faux NE hot dog bun. I threw it in the toaster to brown and filled it with mustard, relish and a dog. Not bad.
I would guess, you don't have Arnolds or Pepperidge Farms rolls?

120June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:08 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote:Out here the only place you can get New England hot dog buns is either at a restaurant that makes lobster rolls, or you have to make them yourself. When I was in the grocery store today I walked past a large loaf of French bread. I thought I would give that a try for the rolls. I cut off the butt end, then sliced about 1/2 inch in, not quite to the bottom, then made another slice, half an inch away, but all the way through. A faux NE hot dog bun. I threw it in the toaster to brown and filled it with mustard, relish and a dog. Not bad.

Debbie ~ try some bakery hot dog buns. They're usually 'fluffier' and larger than packaged buns. I place them 'cut side up' and then use an electric knife to slice a bit off the top of the bun and the bottom (or, with the cut side up, looks more like the right and left 'side'). Works every time for me.

A schmear of soft butter and browned on a hot griddle.....Instant New England rolls! (I'll see if I can find a pic of a hot dog supper I did that with)

121June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:14 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:Here was dinner tonight.

June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 20170612
June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 20170613

Oh, gosh but your meal looks amazingly tasty, Norm! The pork shoulder looks moist and juicy, and then the addition of a sauce! OMG! And it figures YOU would take the time to make some pretty Lyonnaise Potatoes ~ I love the look of them but rarely take the time because the older I get the lazier I get. But I suppose you had time to let them brown slowly since you had to make the green bean bundles, too! LOL

Truly is a beautiful meal to sit down to. Nicely done!

122June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:19 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Crybaby wrote:
I will definitely buy another one rather than spend even a third of its value to get it fixed, Deb.  But if I can remedy the problem and use it for a while with a mouse, I will definitely do that, at least until I get finished paying for the stuff we're getting done to the house.  I know it's not a tremendous amount of money but I know me -- I'll probably be upgrading stuff as the house work gets going if need be to make it look nice, so I would rather stretch out the life of this laptop so I can use the bucks toward the house if I need to (or want to  Laughing ).  

I have the Mac mouse connected right now and it still occasionally repeats the problem but not as often, and the Mac mouse is not exactly working as a mouse should.  I ordered a wireless Mouse today from Amazon which should come tomorrow so I'll see how that does -- it was only $13.00 for a Microsoft mouse, which I can return if it doesn't solve the problem.  So far, it is giving me a lot more time online, though I've had to use my finger rather than the Mac mouse a lot as the mouse just isn't responding properly on Windows...

I'll definitely be looking at sales on laptops, though...

You know what REALLY makes me PO'd about your computer problems, Michelle?

I'll tell you what it is.............I don't get to hear more about the remodeling / redecorating you have going on. That's what REALLY gets me.

And we all know, it's ALL ABOUT ME!

Hahahahahahahaha!

(I do hope the geeks can come to some sort of simple resolution so we can get back to the important stuff and you don't have to spend your time babysitting the laptop.)

123June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:43 am

NormM

NormM

Thank you Beth. It had been a while since I'd done any menu planning. so I felt I needed to be a little more creative.

124June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:54 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Jimmy, we have Pepperidge Farms but no NE buns.

That was a good idea about the bakery buns. I will have to look around in the stores to see if they have them or make a special trip to a bakery to find them.

I can find bakery hoagie rolls but the texture isn't quite what I like.

125June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:14 pm

NormM

NormM

I believe this was a brautwurst or similar bun from the bakery dept. in a grocery store that I trimmed.  I was trying to recreate a chili dog bun I remembered from my childhood.  There was a hot dog stand near the church we attended with buns like this.  A hint:  I found it easier to toast the sides by leaving the center in while in the skillet.  I cut the center out but placed it back in to keep it from collapsing while browning it.

June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 5 Dscn3011

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum