Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU

+5
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
Barbara101
bethk
Imelda HL
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 19]

276JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:01 pm

Niagara Visitor

That's right, and mine will be at Montana's steak and rib house.  Brother-in-law's birthday today.

277JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:40 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Aw, darn, Lore.....steak AGAIN! Hahahahaaha!

Enjoy your meal, for sure!

278JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:09 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

A huge, GIGANTIC FAIL for Grandma tonight.....I made one of our favorites but it turns out it is NOT going to be HIS favorite any time soon. He eats lots of different vegetables but green peppers / chiles is NOT on the preferred list. Oh well, can't win 'em all. He did eat one enchilada, picked the majority of the pieces of mild green chiles out of the filling where he could, and then ended his meal with a couple grilled cheese sandwiches.

He did like the guacamole ~ so at least it wasn't ALL terrible.

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 IMG_20160719_174517363

279JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:07 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 13775775_10154424677389445_937516797178028223_n

Not supposed to have bacon or hot dogs however I can have cheese.. cheers JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 266346835

280JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:48 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had the rice and beans.... good.

Also had some fork fulls of angel hair that T made for GD.
Then....I had a spaghetti sandwich. Toast buttered and nested with spaghetti.
Oh So Good! .... Another great sandwich on buttered toast, is string beans.
Tina just ran over to Dairy Queen to get us ice cream for dessert.
Oooo...here she comes...ummmm....vanilla with hot butterscotch syrup....

281JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:37 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:A huge, GIGANTIC FAIL for Grandma tonight.....I made one of our favorites but it turns out it is NOT going to be HIS favorite any time soon.  He eats lots of different vegetables but green peppers / chiles is NOT on the preferred list.  Oh well, can't win 'em all.  He did eat one enchilada, picked the majority of the pieces of mild green chiles out of the filling where he could, and then ended his meal with a couple grilled cheese sandwiches.  

He did like the guacamole ~ so at least it wasn't ALL terrible.

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 IMG_20160719_174517363

We go through the same thing here with the GD. And she's 23. Won't try anything new. We call her the standard eater. Hot dog / hamburger / fries / chicken ( must be breaded ) and spaghetti with meat sauce or mac and cheese. Pierogies ( Mrs. T's w yellow cheese filling only. NO Onions ) Pumpkin pie / orio's / or lemon pie.

Pizza anytime. Cereal ( all fruity ones with marshmallows or like captain crunch, fruity pebbles; any of the kids cereals.

She hates cooking, and won't cook. She can make Kraft Boxed Mac and cheese.
She will eat Chef Boyardee ravioli cheese ones only.

282JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:19 am

NormM

NormM

Cassie was the least picky eater in her family but still I had a list of things that she didn't like and had to leave out or substitute something nearly every meal. Then there were things I only cooked when she was going to be at work. Her brother and sister were worse at first but eventually would at least try everything.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

283JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:55 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Well that is not good for the pregnant one. Junk food is bad bad. At 23 she needs to get with it!!!

284JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:48 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Still have to many cherry T so pasta tonight.. JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 3267860543

285JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:21 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Son and DIL are coming over tonight to sand and prime the rest of the bedroom / nursery downstairs.
Tina went to have lunch with a church friend at the Centenary College here in town, where they have a brunch for $7.50....all one can eat, and served up by pro chefs.
Then she figured she will get some great steaks to do on the grill for supper when the kids come over.

I want a burger on the grill.

286JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:24 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

no cooking here....I've been running errands all day. We needed a special battery for the remote for the outdoor awning so we had to drive 35 minutes in crappy traffic to the nearest store that carries the dumb things. Ended up buying 3 so when it dies again we won't have to repeat the trip.

We stopped for a sandwich on the way home.

287JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:51 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I didn't feel hungry because I had a sandwich at 3 o'clock. I picked on the piece of steak.

Having coffee and some cookies now.

Tina had a bowl of cereal for supper. Oh! she had a little mashed potatoes and gravy too.

288JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:37 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 13707666_1074672342617962_1013810688260696441_n

289JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:03 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tonight was a stroganoff repeat....right down to the green beans. But I also made some broccoli since I had a small amount to cook and it's Jake's all time favorite. So, if you want to see what it looked like, go back to earlier in the week and you'll see my meal.

Tomorrow we will be going to the beach for the whole day. Part of the family is vacationing in their new camper trailer and cousins are visiting from Tennessee so it should be a fun filled day for a whole bunch of kids. Jake is excited about seeing his cousins and spending the day at the beach to look for starfish and shark's teeth. I'd be happy with a few pieces of sea glass....

290JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:03 pm

Niagara Visitor

I heard on a cooking show some time ago that if you want your broccoli or green beans to stay bright green to not cover the pot.  I haven't tried it.  Is there any truth to it?

I had a salad and some more Lake Erie fish tonight.  I know, I'm spoiled>

291JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:05 pm

NormM

NormM

We had Swedish Meatballs with egg noodles and green beans tonight.

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 DSCN3656_zpso2mlwzze

292JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:07 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Oh oh that's what I want. Looks so good. I have the same plates lol

293JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:26 pm

NormM

NormM

Hi class plates called Dixie.

294JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:33 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:We had Swedish Meatballs with egg noodles and green beans tonight.

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 DSCN3656_zpso2mlwzze

WQow, looks good Norm!
BTW... remember the Swedish meatballs thread / posts on the old time c.com forum?? Remember the comments about without lamb meat, they are not true Swedish meatballs?? Some were pissy and moody...hahahahahahahaha

295JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:36 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Niagara Visitor wrote:I heard on a cooking show some time ago that if you want your broccoli or green beans to stay bright green to not cover the pot.  I haven't tried it.  Is there any truth to it?

I don't know about the 'no lid' rule.....but I know if you don't over-cook they stay nice and green. I cook my broccoli in the microwave with just a Tbsp. of water for 2 - 3 minutes (in a bowl covered with plastic wrap). Doesn't over-cook and stays bright green. No salt added until after it's cooked may help also.....JMO

And you are very fortunate to have Lake Erie fresh fish at your table! So wonderful and fresh & sweet tasting. Lucky you!

296JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:24 am

Niagara Visitor

bethk wrote:
Niagara Visitor wrote:I heard on a cooking show some time ago that if you want your broccoli or green beans to stay bright green to not cover the pot.  I haven't tried it.  Is there any truth to it?

I don't know about the 'no lid' rule.....but I know if you don't over-cook they stay nice and green.  I cook my broccoli in the microwave with just a Tbsp. of water for 2 - 3 minutes (in a bowl covered with plastic wrap).  Doesn't over-cook and stays bright green.  No salt added until after it's cooked may help also.....JMO

And you are very fortunate to have Lake Erie fresh fish at your table!  So wonderful and fresh & sweet tasting.  Lucky you!
Thanks.  Yes, I am lucky.  My son also has the luxury that he can go out fishing often.  Yesterday's catch apparently included an 8 pound pickerel.  I will get some of that, including the carcass for a chowder! He also sticks strictly to the allowable limits and gives any extra away. "Can't be too greedy, there's enough for everyone" is his motto.

297JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:42 am

NormM

NormM

I have never seen a recipe for Swedish meatballs that uses lamb. I used half beef and half pork.

My southern mom didn't know that it was possible to overcook green beans.

298JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:44 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

lol Jimmy that was Steven aka jet fan and June. She was always on him for something. I had no problem putting her in her place. Another one was Cooking Fool . Then that dumbass from Oklahoma. Yikes I don't miss any of them. Well Steven I do .

299JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:48 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Oh btw it wasn't Swedish meatballs it was Greek pastisio

300JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:49 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

But I do remember the fighting over it lmao

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum