Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wow!! April already Dinners.

+4
UNCLE JIMMY
Bugster2
Niagara Visitor
NormM
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 20]

26 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:14 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
cookingirl wrote:Jimmy, did you make that turkey and ham for Easter?

And stuffing!!!

That is 6 days ago.

Do you really think the turkey is safe to eat?

I realize you have a great refrigerator, but 6 days later?

I only keep left overs 3 days...and then I toss it...

I do not want you or Tina to get sick...

Tina is still in a fragile condition....

((hugs)))

Just me being a butt-in-ski, PITA

I checked it, and tasted and smelled it. All ok, not sticky / slimy just ok to eat.
I did think of it....thanks.
The fridge is set a 37 degrees in the one drawer. It keeps food fresher for days after expiration date.
Turkey.... 5 days and its gone as far as I'm concerned, but 6 days is the limit.

When Tina was little, her grandmother would make a big pot of chicken soup, and that soup stayed on the top of the coal stove / oven, until it was gone.
She said, there was green mold on top, and all she was told to do, was scrape it off, and take the soup and chicken underneath. LOL ....Can you imagine that?
N A S T Y  HUH ?

I remember seeing a movie that took place around the time of Robin Hood. A man was going to feed someone and said he had some batter in a pot. It only had a little mold on the surface. AYYYEEE!!!

27 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:16 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I need some squaw bread. Is it sold in grocery stores?

28 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:15 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Apple%20chicken3

fried apples and leeks.

29 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:18 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Apple%20chicken4

roasted /saute chicken and apple,leeks..Dinner dinner..

30 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:38 pm

Niagara Visitor

I had a lamb shoulder chop done in my Calphalon grill pan, and a micro waved potato. Love lamb, it was sooo good. I just spiced it with the Keg's steak spice.

31 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:49 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Guess it is you and I around here that loves loves lamb .

32 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:50 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tori came up with the idea of wanting pizza. Easy golf cart ride to pick up a to-go order.

3 medium pizzas and an order of cheezy bread and there are 3 pieces of pizza left and 2 of the bread.

Andrea had some of the leftover salad with hers. I even broke out the paper plates ~ seems appropriate with pizza somehow.

33 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:02 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Lol for days now I have wanted To make pizza dough . Might just do it soon .

34 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:24 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Tori came up with the idea of wanting pizza.  Easy golf cart ride to pick up a to-go order.

3 medium pizzas and an order of cheezy bread and there are 3 pieces of pizza left and 2 of the bread.

Andrea had some of the leftover salad with hers.  I even broke out the paper plates ~ seems appropriate with pizza somehow.

Oh good! .... Leftover pizza, in a plastic zip lock bag, and under the pillow for a nap snack! LOL

35 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:41 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tonight, Tina went to a thing at the church at 4:00, and when that was over, she comes home, with a huge bucket of KFC chicken. I was so thrilled, I put my finger in my throat!...

SOooo! I made a roast beef sandwich ( from the deli ) with mayo, on Italian thin sliced whole wheat bread. I had two stale ( bouncers ) doughnuts and a coffee; which I am finishing now!

36 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:49 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wow sorry for you about that . Not nice to do that . WTH ???

37 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:56 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Wow sorry for you about that . Not nice to do that . WTH ???

Thanks Barb! .... Tina did ask for those crispy crunchy popcorn chicken, but they didn't make any. HELOooooooo! Didn't Make any??? Tina said.
Then the girl gave a vacant stare...duhhhhh!!!!! Rolling Eyes

Plus granddaughter ate noodles and chicken already, so she didn't want any.

I wonder how these places stay in business?/??

38 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:09 pm

Niagara Visitor

Potatoes are cooking for a potato salad for tonight. Company coming from Germany, I am picking up at the airport. So, I will put some chicken in the oven to be ready for when we get home. They will be hungry after a long flight. This is one of hubby's favourite cousins, his wife and another family member. They will stay with me for a few days, then travel in a motor home for three months.

39 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:45 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I bought some nice big wild caught shrimp plus a couple hunks of cod.

Cod for tonight.After the morning I have had I should be eating lobster..Lots of it..

40 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:45 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:I bought some nice big wild caught shrimp plus a couple hunks of cod.

Cod for tonight.After the morning I have had I should be eating lobster..Lots of it..

Uh??? Why eating lobster??... You hit the lottery? LOL

I could go for some fish tonight. OOooo! I have the leftover fish and muscles and clam stew in the freezer from Christmas Eve! Hmmmm???

41 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:48 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Jimmy had a hellish morning . I told all about it in another thread ..

42 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:41 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Burgers on the grill (NB ~ no bun).  Brussels Sprouts w/onion & bacon, beet stems & greens and baby new potatoes done Sycacuse Salt style.....

When we were driving back from the beach the other day we drove past a huge farm market.  I was hooked when I saw Brussels sprouts on the stalk, with beautiful greens left on top to cut & cook for another meal.  I also got red beets w/stems, HUGE sugar carrots, spring onions, baby new potatoes and something else I cannot recall right now.

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 IMG_20160404_170926209_HDR

43 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:14 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Halibut%20tomato2

Cod with capers and cherry tomato.Kalomato olives

44 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:44 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I had 1/2 egg salad sandwich. I made it last night.
p l u s +
1/2 ham and provolone  with mayo

I have cheese cake Tina picked me up from the Budd Lake Diner. Nice and creamy. That, I will eat later! .... GD and Tina are going to heat up THEIR KFC chicken from yesterday!

It's in the 30's outside now, so I've got to bring in more wood pellets.
Everything is so confused outside. We had two mallards in the front lawn before. They are probably confused as to why it's so cold yet! pale

45 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:01 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I bought that Kindle book Barb showed us. Really informative. I fast forwarded to check out the recipes. I came across the one for hummus. A week or so ago I tried a recipe from Serious Eats that was a failure and also tasted awful. Too sour. I compared that recipe to the one in the Kindle book. No wonder my first try tasted like chit. The Serious Eats recipe had 2/3 cup lemon juice. The cookbook has 9 tablespoons in its recipe. Similar quantities in the rest of the ingredients. A big difference. I will try the new recipe with hopefully better results in taste and texture.

46 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:34 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Love that book . I have not got to the recipes . I make hummus all the time , great snack food for me . I don't use lemon . Lol I don't even make it to any recipe . I just taste it as I go .

47 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:41 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Looks like I am going to have to make my own squaw bread. It is gone from the store shelves. It is politically incorrect. Jeez! Get a life people.

48 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:46 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Huh? I need to google that lol

49 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:24 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I found some squaw-type bread at Sprouts. It went by the name prairie bread. It is dark brown and has wheat flour, rye flour, molasses, ground up raisins etc. I still think I will try my own. I have a bread machine recipe that I will try.

50 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:36 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I wanted to empty all the leftover vegetables out of the refrigerator so we had a veg-heavy supper.  Pork loin chop with a blackberry sauce, fried baby yukon potatoes, green beans, red beets and Brussels sprouts.  Phew! It sure was tasty.  I could only eat half my pork (it's my very least favorite to have on my plate) but I managed to finish off all my veg! Mr. Picky Eater decided he didn't want any of the potatoes. Fine. No problem with me. (they were fried in a bit of butter and nicely crispy around the edges!)

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 2 IMG_20160405_171143501

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum