Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wow!! April already Dinners.

+4
UNCLE JIMMY
Bugster2
Niagara Visitor
NormM
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 20]

51 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:56 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 005%20%20%2012345

52 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:59 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Those are HUGE shrimps! They look perfectly cooked.....just until done and not overcooked and dry!

Beautiful.

53 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:13 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

lol I bought 6. I thought shrimp cocktail or grilled.Then got lazy butt and just did them in the toaster oven.. I had to eat one to see if I liked them HA..Plain to see I did..

54 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:01 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Those shrimp look yummy!
I copied a sandwich from a local restaurant.
It was:
squaw bread (now called prairie bread) to be PC
cream cheese
sprouts
avocado
tomato
turkey breast
squaw bread

55 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:11 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I wanted to empty all the leftover vegetables out of the refrigerator so we had a veg-heavy supper.  Pork loin chop with a blackberry sauce, fried baby yukon potatoes, green beans, red beets and Brussels sprouts.  Phew! It sure was tasty.  I could only eat half my pork (it's my very least favorite to have on my plate) but I managed to finish off all my veg!  Mr. Picky Eater decided he didn't want any of the potatoes.  Fine.  No problem with me.  (they were fried in a bit of butter and nicely crispy around the edges!)

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 IMG_20160405_171143501

Definetely bunch of teeth sinkers Beth.

56 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:20 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I must say, Barbs shrimp looks great....

Nothing to talk about here... Tina had some cake....GD had Oreo's Xtra filling centers...and I had ( drum roll please )..... A romaine salad with olive oil and salt, and 1/2 of egg salad, on whole grain bread.

And YESsssss..... I am hungry again. Got to go downstars, and check the gas dryer. It's kaput.
I guess I'll have some dessert after I check it out.

57 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:04 am

Niagara Visitor

Barbara101 wrote: Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 005%20%20%2012345

The shrimp look great, but don't they all turn pink when cooked? Are these not cooked yet?

58 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:10 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

They are or where roasted . Fully cooked.

59 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:47 am

NormM

NormM

I think some people who think they are being PC are just being overly sensitive and not very understanding of the meaning. Yes, redskin is an offensive word to American Indians but squaw isn't. Neither is chief or warrior or Cherokee. Redskin is offensive because it is an English word meant to have prejudicial inferences but squaw is a word indians used and it had no pejorative meaning.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

60 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:16 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Well, ..... I just finished my dessert.
I had waffle batter, so I made 3 waffles, and ate two. OMG, all that butter and syrup was so good going down, but now... *(burp)* ..... Tums to the rescue!

My favorite waffle maker....

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 RPkent

61 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:33 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

That waffle maker looks commercial. What brand is it?

Norm, I once used the word oriental and someone tore me to shreds about it. I had never been told that Asians found it offensive. Out here there is a restaurant called Oriental Seafood. They haven't changed their name.

My nephew wants to go to medical school. He graduated from UC Santa Barbara. Joined the Navy, went to the language institute in Monterey, CA. He is fluent in 5 dialects of Arabic and graduated first in his class and got his second college degree. He is doing something that he has top secret security clearance. He is also getting his third college degree in chemistry and also got the top chemistry award at his college. His name is also on several papers because he synthesized some new compound. He got in the 97 percentile in the MCAT test. He applied to med school and got turned down to all. What the hell do they want? All we can think of is that he told them he wants to go into orthopedics and medical schools want people who want to be primary care physicians, or foreigners, or minorities. He did apply later than most people so maybe that was the problem. I dunno. Anyway he is going to try again next year. Jeez!

62 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:47 am

NormM

NormM

I once referred to my wife as Oriental to someone and they told me that things are Oriental, lie a rug but people are Asian. That was news to me and my wife.  I later found out that here in the US, Americans find the term Oriental offensive but Asians, especially outside of the US aren't all that upset about it.

63 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:58 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I don't oriental the least bit offensive, but I am not Asian. I don't find "honky" offensive either. I do think the "N" word is horrible.

64 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:01 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

There are to many terms that get folks riled up..

I have several forums I look at and someone posted a run of great food pics and then some guy took offense,said this guy was posting to many pics lol..so the guy started to call him The Forum Nazi..Well all hell broke out..LMAO..

i have been called lots of names and I never take it serous. Not thrilled to be called elderly Shocked  better that then dead..Folks are just to quick take offense.

65 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:33 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

It is really getting bad. Just the other day a friend of mine who is a flight attendant, got accused of being anti-muslin by a passenger. My friend was working in the galley when a blonde haired, blue-eyed woman wearing a scarf like Yasser Arafat came up and started talking to her. They had a nice chat. the next thing she knows she gets called on the carpet because the woman made a complaint. What is worse is that another flight attendant who was back in the galley with her, wrote a letter apologizing to the woman when nothing offensive was said. We suspect the woman is trying to get something out of the airlines but my friend could lose her job.

66 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I grew up in a segregated style, not just by pigment ( there ya go! ... A PC neutral term )and religion; ethnic stance, and in school, by family / sibling / names.

i.e. ... Italians lived in Italian sections ( as I did ) , and Polish, Irish etc. in their own.
Churches....the same way. Catholic as I supposedly was, had been separated by ethnic background. i.e. St. Anthony's was Italian; and you went there if you were Italian. St. Vincents, was the Irish church. St Josephs was the Lithuanian church.
I was not allowed to play with kids, and even one relative / cousin, with the same surname, because they were Protestant, or Episcopal etc. etc. etc. .... Can you believe that??

As a kid, the priest and the nuns warned us, and told us not to associate with them. they said that they will not Go To Heaven.
We were NOT ALLOWED to have a friend, if the parent was divorced or separated.

I grew up in times of Polio. There was Polio Season, and would you believe, if a kid had polio affliction, even a slight limp or twisted limb, we were NOT allowed to associate with that kid.

I grew up when Women would never smoke in public; even in their own yard to be seen, or they would automatically be labeled a "W" or "S" .... Bad Bad way to try and grow up.

And all that was the norm. ( pun not intended ) ... The schools I went to were separated by big cement / concrete signs ( BOYS ) and ( GIRLS ) entrance sides.

We were chased, shot at with bb guns by adult home owners, and kicked and slapped by any adult that felt we looked bad or did something they didn't approve of ( like jumping over their fence, or cutting through their yard.

And... We all lived...there were no complaints, and no one was offended. It was the way it was.

67 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:43 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Jimmy when I lived in Toronto it was like that .I never got that , Iloved Italian folks . Greeks.

Not thrilled about where I live now . Another reason I stay to my self . Racist run rampent here . Hate living here .

68 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:43 pm

NormM

NormM

My mom and dad were Irish Protestants and we lived in a Croatian Catholic neighborhood. All my friends were Yugoslavian Catholics but my parents were prejudiced like most people of that time. I wasn't allowed to have a Catholic girl friend and when I said I thought interracial married people were neat, like salt and pepper, I was quickly told to stop thinking like that. My parents arranged for me to go to an all white elementary school because there were hispanics going to the school in the district where I lived and they didn't want me to go to school in a 'rough' neighborhood. I think I grew up remarkably open minded despite my upbringing.

69 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:55 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have my own opinions. I didn't get them from other people's views being imposed on me, but from life experiences.
My mother always had a fascination with what gay men would buy in the grocery store. If she saw a gay man or men, she would inspect their shopping cart. Out of her observations she came to a conclusion that to this day puts the family in stitches when we talk about it. You have to remember that this came from the sixties when a gay was called "queer". Her famous proclamation was: "All queers eat turnips".

70 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:24 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Lmao

71 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:33 pm

NormM

NormM

When I was young, a gay person was happy and a queer person was one who wouldn't want to go beat up homos with you.

72 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:40 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

and = queers .... fairies... fags... girlish ... sissies, but then again I became a sissy many times like if I didn't
catch the football or I threw it like a girl. hahahahahaha

73 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:43 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:and = queers .... fairies... fags... girlish  ... sissies, but then again I became a sissy many times like if I didn't
catch the football or I threw it like a girl. hahahahahaha

Or ate turnips!  Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 1838020472

74 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:52 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper.... Shells with Kidney beans, and fried onions.

I like it when the onions get sweated to a light brown, then add the beans to cook with the onions like 20 minutes on low. Boil the shells ( medium shells ), drain and throw the beans / onions back in the pot.
Add fresh good olive oil, and dig in. ..... It's like popcorn. You cannot stop eating it.
I love when there is a shell spooned inside another shell. Ummmm!

75 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:13 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

cod fish leftovers tacos.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum