Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dinners in January, 2016

+4
Imelda HL
NormM
Barbara101
bethk
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 19]

301Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:40 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I am in the mood for some kind of potatoes au gratin. I guess I will look around for an interesting recipe.

Question: Do any of you use individual au gratin dishes? Do you think they are a waste of money?

302Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:09 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Not one just for that any will do .

303Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:26 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

It is national squirrel appreciation day today. Anyone having one for dinner? LOL

304Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:57 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Not here ours are skinny lol Can not bring myself to eat it . Dont like deer meat either . pheasant . Rabbit .

305Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:42 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've got a pot of boneless beef short ribs braising in the oven.....seasoned & dredged in flour, browned on all sides, added chunks of onion, some celery, thyme & bay leaves. Oh, I had everything out of the pan and reduced 1/2 a bottle of red wine before putting everything back in with some boxed beef stock and chicken stock. I've had it in a 300° oven for a few hours. I plan to pick out the meat and strain the liquid to thicken with a bit of flour slurry.

I'll probably add some fresh chunks of onion, carrots and green peas (if I have any....I might be out). I have a couple small rutabagas to boil for our 'starch'. We'll see how that goes....personally, I like them (and just had some when we were in Savannah) so now it's time to check in with Mr. Amazing and his 'I-want-to-keep-my-carbs-down'. Should be a great sub for potatoes.

306Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:20 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I see that the east is going to get some nasty weather. Barb, Jimmy and anyone else in the storm's path, take care and don't leave the house until it is all over.

307Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:08 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Not me . Just some rain . My son is in for it and I told him to get food in and he sent me pic of him in the hospital resting after a colon thing all drugged yo ----- then he days ohI am taking the red eye to Miami !!!! I got Pissy and said wth !! Why do you not stay home just one week . Then I said why should move up there if you are not there ???? Put u with snow cold ice and that freaking bridge
!

308Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:52 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made a soup with beef stock, cabbage, onions and carrots, and little meat balls.
She also made a small pot of meatballs and tomato sauce. For tomorrow!

309Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:03 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

sounds like you guys are back in the cooking mode!

BTW, how is Gabe faring at the care facility?

310Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:48 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I guess I'll call tonight's meal a beef stew with rutabaga....and it was deemed worthy of saving the leftovers for another night.

Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 IMG_20160121_172340913

I had a couple pieces of ciabatta with butter ~ because I WANTED it! HE had one piece, without his 'Can't Believe ~light'.....just sopped up the last bit of gravy off his plate.

Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 IMG_20160121_172653141

311Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:00 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Med%20shrimp6

had a bowl of leftover mexican rice and shrimp -- dinner lol.

I pulled a container of Hungarian Goulash from the freezer and forgot that I did that,soo dinner for tomorrow done  lol.

312Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:42 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:sounds like you guys are back in the cooking mode!

BTW, how is Gabe faring at the care facility?

Thanks Beth....
Tina is feeling so so. She has a UTI....and we are waiting for the Dr to call in the antibiotics to CVS.

Tina is waiting to see a surgeon, and she needs surgery on the Colon which developed a Fistula into the uterus area.
She has all the support from family, (the kids ) and from God.
She will be fine. It is just a shock at this point.

Gabe is doing ok, and the social worker explained to him that Tina was sick, and he would need to stay as long term until She is done with surgery and back to normal. A couple months we figure.

Me.... I'm still waiting for the moment where I can be relieved from this sciatic problem. There is a surgery (spinal ) for a repair, but our main concern. is Tina.

We had some stupid news today. GD was let go from her job at WalMart.
She and 5 others were let go today at noon. WalMart is closing stores, but non mentioned in NJ yet. At least by us. They are hurting for business, and sales are way way down. Nationwide! .....

GD has her irons in the fire, and was typing and printing resume's this evening.
She has a review and interview at the local hospital for medical billing; full time.

313Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:33 pm

NormM

NormM

I made a Jaques recipe for cheesy mashed potatoes and topped it with some Swiss steak. It was half eaten before I remembered to take a picture.

Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 DSCN3236_zpsbofuvo2q

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

314Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:02 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I made a Jaques recipe for cheesy mashed potatoes and topped it with some Swiss steak.  It was half eaten before I remembered to take a picture.

Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 DSCN3236_zpsbofuvo2q

Looks good Norm! It sure does look like it took a lot of pickin and pokin around to get it in the mouth! Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 2876911673

315Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:39 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Tina is feeling so so. She has a UTI....and we are waiting for the Dr to call in the antibiotics to CVS.

Tina is waiting to see a surgeon, and she needs surgery on the Colon which developed a Fistula into the uterus area.

Gabe is doing ok, and the social worker explained to him that Tina was sick, and he would need to stay as long term until She is done with surgery and back to normal. A couple months we figure.

Me.... I'm still waiting for the moment where I can be relieved from this sciatic problem. There is a surgery (spinal ) for a repair, but our main concern. is Tina.

She and 5 others were let go today at noon. WalMart is closing stores, but non mentioned in NJ yet. At least by us. They are hurting for business, and sales are way way down. Nationwide! .....

GD has her irons in the fire, and was typing and printing resume's this evening.
She has a review and interview at the local hospital for medical billing; full time.

Good Grief....when it rains, it pours....isn't that the way it always goes?

Tina and you will be in our thoughts and prayers....time to take care of yourselves, to be sure. Hopefully GD will be around to help out until she gets a job.

316Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:03 am

Niagara Visitor

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Tina is feeling so so. She has a UTI....and we are waiting for the Dr to call in the antibiotics to CVS.

Good Grief....when it rains, it pours....isn't that the way it always goes?

Tina and you will be in our thoughts and prayers....time to take care of yourselves, to be sure.  Hopefully GD will be around to help out until she gets a job.

I hope the antibiotics fix it quickly. I had no idea what a fistula was, but found out when I had my gall bladder surgery. Surgeon was trying to do the gall bladder the simple way, and found the fistula from my liver to the large intestine. Apparently those little buggers are quite common, it was a little extra surgery, but no problem in the grand scheme of life!

Sorry to hear about the job loss at Walmart. I went to my local Credit Union yesterday and noticed that two of the teller stations have been removed. Lots of empty floor space. I think it's a sign of the times that more and more people are doing their banking on line.

317Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:53 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Did not know where to put this so here it will be.

Beth how do guys like your new phone and tablet.?

318Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:54 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

No wonder Tina was feeling ill! Right in the middle of a blizzard. OY! When it rains it pours. Give Tina my best and I hope she is up and running around soon.

319Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:59 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:Did not know where to put this so here it will be.

Beth how do guys like your new phone and tablet.?

I've had my phone for a while. Dane just got his.....he's liking the fact it holds a charge a lot. His old phone had to be charged twice a day. And the tablet.....well, let's just say HE likes playing on it. I've only played a game on it twice (when he was napping in the chair and didn't notice I had picked it up.....)

LOL

320Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:18 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I still have my eye on a IPad Air or air2 . Only $10 on my bill . I can get a keyboard but $170. IDK ... 10 Hour Use . I need a laptop really bad so don't think I could iPad in place of it $500. Is cheap compared to over $2k lol

321Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:53 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

What have you been using? A PC or a MAC? I have an Ipad air and I wouldn't use it in place of my PC but I have a friend who would. It all depends on what you use your computer for. I copy and burn DVDs, I have a recipe software, a movie collection software. I can't use some of my things on an Ipad. I need a PC or MAC.

322Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:21 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

HP laptop . 5 years old , $700. It has been repaired 4 times and it needs to be again and I am done doing that . $600 in repairs nope!!!
Son keeps telling me to get a Apple laptop $$$$$$$ heck the thing will out live me lol

I right click and copy/paste all of my pics to photo book . Surf the web . I do not watch movies , screen to small . I hate hate using this mouse but will not use a finger pad

323Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:53 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have been using Toshiba PC's. The first died after about 4 years, the second is still going strong and I now have the third which is fine. Still learning Win10. I have a 17" screen because I want to see everything and stream videos and movies. There is a certain amount of speed needed to do that without trouble. MAC's are very good and they don't seem to have that planned obsolescence (is there a spell check on this site?) like Windows. The cost of one is too much for me so I buy PC's. I just paid $300 for a new one. The problem is that to get the darn thing set up right, you have to pay to have some kid do it. Most of it is beyond my ability. I don't know if an Apple store will do that for you for free. That is, if you live near one. Out here they are all over the place and they are always packed with people.

324Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:02 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Nope Apple Store is downtown and I refuse to go there .

325Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:49 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 13 12417707_10207138952725970_2249348013410663389_n

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum