Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JUNE.. whats cooking.

+4
UNCLE JIMMY
NormM
Imelda HL
Barbara101
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 14]

126JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:56 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:You can tell summer has officially arrived when your mouth only wants a great burger!

I just saw something on the Today Show...a lady made fried sweet potato bits by deep frying shreds of sweet potato stripped off the raw potato with just a peeler and then fried in deep fat until crispy...all to top a burger.  Yummy!  

I'm getting hungry for some inside-out-burgers.  I make two thin patties and then put together with a slice of onion and mozzarella cheese.  Have to be sure the edges are sealed really well and cooked slowly until done.  Amazing!  Of course you can vary the ingredients with whatever sounds good to you. Mr. Amazing likes peppers and feta for a Greek burger.  DD likes crisp bacon and Monterey Jack and diced onion.  Endless variety.  Hard to keep track of who's is who's once you put them on the grill....I bit into the Greek one once and gagged!  We all know mozzarella is the only one I do....oh, sometimes I'll add some pizza sauce.  Just don't put too much inside or they explode on the grill and it all oozes out.  I keep some foil closely to scoop 'em on just in case that happens so all the stuffings don't hit the coals.  The cheese getting crispy aground the edge on foil isn't such a bad thing, either....lol

Beth... I like pillow burgers, but you are right. Must not overstuff with stuff.
Tina mixes chopped onion, and ketchup in her burgers, but I don't like them like that. They fall apart too when she over onions the burgers. What I learned was, I fry them in a skillet just enough to firm them up, and then I have the grill hot, and then finish the cooking right on the grill.

I have a great tip that I invented because of certain somebody's that want different stuffing, or different seasonings in their burgers, or as a matter of fact, just about anything. DONT LAUGH !!!

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Mothersday2013017

OK ... here is my trick to separate city chicken made with ground pork and veal, and Just Pork for DD's BF who will not eat Veal.

I just added a drop of food coloring (we call it cake coloring ) on the tip of the stick; so they are Lenny's Pork Only City Chickens! . LOL hahahahahahaha

With Burgers, I take a toothpic and stick it flat in the side of the burger. If you have colored toothpics, it's even better. That way I know who's are who's and what's are what's.

I don't like Ethiopian Pig seasoning in my burgers so I mark mine with just a toothpick through the side.
BTW .... the coloring does not turn the frying oil red or whatever color you use.

Hot Sausage I just cut the one end off the link to differentiate hot and plain.   . (0000) = plain... (0000] = hot

127JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:40 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

here is my bacon wrapped pork loins, I followed Beth's idea..  tried to weave the bacon on a piece of  wax paper and it turned our beautiful, right? Laughing 

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 <a href=JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 DSCN6355" />

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 <a href=JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Bacon" />

128JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:45 pm

NormM

NormM

Looks great Imelda.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

129JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:58 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Looks great Imelda. I would eat all the bacon first, and then the rest.

I just thought of something funny. To me, anyway! LOL
Someone should design a material (cloth) with bacon, and make a jersey or a jacket of the bacon print. Then, one with eggs print. I would wear the bacon and Tina could wear the eggs.

Other foods too can make a great attraction. Instead of "casual wear", it can be called "Foodwear!"

Maybe that is bad, because people will be biting people! hahahahaha

130JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I am gonna have m u s c l e s over angel hair, and crab cakes.
Tina won't eat muscles, but she likes crab cakes.
The muscles are frozen in a wine and garlic sauce. Nice and tasty!  06.13.2013   17:16:14

131JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:19 pm

NormM

NormM

I made some focaccia bread today and topped it with some freshly grated mozzarella, parmesan and pepperoni.  No sauce. 

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 DSCN0592_zps03896504

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 DSCN0594_zps80f05eb6

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 DSCN0597_zps663b0d65

132JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:25 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I made some focaccia bread today and topped it with some freshly grated mozzarella, parmesan and pepperoni.  No sauce. 

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 DSCN0597_zps663b0d65

Wow! I see my half is on the peel! Looks nice and Crusty Norm.

133JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:13 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy, there is a whole line of bacon related clothing.  I remember seeing a winter scarf made to look just like a strip of crispy bacon....sorry, you're too late to make money from that idea!

Your supper sounds good.  I'm waiting until I get back in the villa to do seafood again - fresh is so much better than in landlocked nw Ohio.

======================

Oh, norm, yummy fresh bread!  It's that cheesy bread that tastes better than you can buy.

======================

Tonight I made grilled bone-in chicken breasts, packet potatoes, fried green beans, corn, onion and bacon & wilted lettuce salad.  No one complained so I guess it was good!

134JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:16 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda HL wrote:here is my bacon wrapped pork loins, I followed Beth's idea..  tried to weave the bacon on a piece of  wax paper and it turned our beautiful, right? Laughing 

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 <a href=JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 DSCN6355" />

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 <a href=JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Bacon" />
AMAZING !!!  Doesn't it make you feel wonderful to make something you thought was difficult only to find it was easily within your ability?  That's a real confidence builder for sure!

135JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:21 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Made some Crab Cakes that my Niece sent me from Maryland. I had them frozen.
I was going to make muscles, but No One else eats them; so I saved them for tomorrow. I didn't want to be a seafood Hog Today!

The Cakes were just baked in the toaster oven! And Boy they were Great!

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Applecrabs004

Nice and full of large crab chunks...

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Applecrabs006

See my little Crabbers Crackers. They were doing the crab dance!

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Applecrabs007

Then I had a supermarket Apple Turnover, and Looky at all those apples...( 0 ) ZERO!!!

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Applecrabs002

So I fixed that...

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Applecrabs003

There we Go! LOL....Now there are apples inside. Rediculous!

136JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:26 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ok, Jimmy.  Get a pkg. of puff pastry thawed out and a can of apple pie filling.  Bake your own...easy peasy.

Send me one of those crab cakes, would you?  Yummy!

137JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:31 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Jimmy, there is a whole line of bacon related clothing.  I remember seeing a winter scarf made to look just like a strip of crispy bacon....sorry, you're too late to make money from that idea!

Your supper sounds good.  I'm waiting until I get back in the villa to do seafood again - fresh is so much better than in landlocked nw Ohio.

======================

Oh, norm, yummy fresh bread!  It's that cheesy bread that tastes better than you can buy.

======================

Tonight I made grilled bone-in chicken breasts, packet potatoes, fried green beans, corn, onion and bacon & wilted lettuce salad.  No one complained so I guess it was good!
    I figured that there would be clothing for bacon lovers! Darn! Hey! Well then I could make a pair of Pants out of REAL Bacon! ... Woof Woof! I would bet I would get my Butt Bit by a lot of Dogs. My Thighs at least would be well lubricated, and I wouldn't have to worry about getting chapped!

138JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:41 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Somehow that's a picture I really didn't need in my head.....

139JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:48 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Ok, Jimmy.  Get a pkg. of puff pastry thawed out and a can of apple pie filling.  Bake your own...easy peasy.

Send me one of those crab cakes, would you?  Yummy!

Either that, or buy a can of apple filling, and spoon it inside the empty puffs.

I remember when we got them at the bakery, and they were so filled with apples. And Cheap $

Crab Cakes are on the Bus to Toledo. If ya live close, you can pick em up on the 1:47 AM Arrival from Newark, NJ. Look for the box with the grease stains. I threw in some fried meatballs too!

OMG...Remember the episode of Lucy with the big Cheese on the train, and she was holding it like a baby in an infants blanket?  hahahaha 

140JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:05 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made some curried chicken salad for lunch.

Chopped leftover chicken, equal amount of chopped celery and halved seedless red grapes.  Dressing made from my Miracle Whip, sour cream, a bit of sugar and some curry powder.  I topped it all off with a sprinkling of toasted sliced almonds.

I eat mine as a salad on a plate and I know Dane will spoon his between bread as a sandwich....gotta have that extra carb, I guess.

141JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:23 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

thank you all.. yes... it was beautiful... when I showed this picture my DH..  he was surprised.. he did not know when I was making it ( he was too busy with his new toy, a brand new camera with a big lens Evil or Very Mad ).. he said that his parents will be impressed too JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 3593629538  .. yes.. this is for our Father's Day dinner meal.. I have a birthday party before the dinner, so I wont have time to cook on that day.. beside my mushrooms had gotten a bit brown, so I better used them before they got rotten  Laughing

142JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:45 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 008-1

flat pan fried fish. lettuce wedge.

143JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:06 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 008-1

flat pan fried fish. lettuce wedge.

Looks awesome Barbara.... Boy! That ice water looks mighty cold in the background. I would get brain head freeze taking a gulp of that. LOL

144JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:29 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina brought back a couple Pies from the farm stand across from her Uncles in South Jersey today!

I had a lettuce and tomato sandwich on a Wheat Thin bread toasted, and I am sick to my stomach from eating too much of the pies! .... Tina said I ate a whole Half of pies, and the pecan pie is loaded with sugar. Gosh, I wish I never ate that pie.
It was good going down though!

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Kgav

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 1iqc

145JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:34 am

NormM

NormM

My sister said the pecan pie is just a sugar pie with a pecan topping.

146JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:58 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:My sister said the pecan pie is just a sugar pie with a pecan topping.
            Oh Boy!... she sure is right! .... The coconut custard was excellent, but that sugar pie was way too sweet.

147JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:13 pm

Ceee

Here's my big fat tuna salad sandwich and some grapes:

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 BigFatTunaSaladSandwich

148JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:15 pm

Ceee

Imelda HL wrote:thank you all.. yes... it was beautiful... when I showed this picture my DH..  he was surprised.. he did not know when I was making it ( he was too busy with his new toy, a brand new camera with a big lens Evil or Very Mad ).. he said that his parents will be impressed too JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 3593629538  .. yes.. this is for our Father's Day dinner meal.. I have a birthday party before the dinner, so I wont have time to cook on that day.. beside my mushrooms had gotten a bit brown, so I better used them before they got rotten  Laughing

What kind of camera did he get? 

149JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:35 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ohhhhh, Ceee - YOU put egg in your tuna salad just like me!  Dane just mixes tuna and mayo and slaps it on bread.....where is the salad in that?  Mine has eggs and lots of celery, diced really small and maybe  a little bit of green onion if its available.  And ALWAYS a good amount of lettuce.

Tonight I'm going to grill a nice rib eye steak, maybe do a couple little Yukon gold potatoes along side, some grilled asparagus and a small tossed salad.  

DD and GS are off to Cedar Point for his birthday present even though his birthday isn't for a week or so.  Today was a better day for their schedule, I guess.

150JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 6 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:23 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Cedar Point? ... Isn't that the roller coaster place and amusement park?? I heard of that.
It's off Lk Erie, right? ....

If that's the place...it's a kids paradice!

They have a water ride park by us in Allentown, PA that the kids used to go to, and now it's like a major attraction with up to date rides of the 2000's.

I remember when I was a kid, dad and mom would take us to a Park in PA called "Rocky Glen Park"
They had a wooden roller coaster that was struck by lightening, and burned to the ground is a scurry of a minute. Then there was the carousel (Merry Go Round ) that they had those horses that go up and down, as the thing rolled around. A little girl saw a hole in the mouth of the horse (plastic horse) and she stuck her hand in the mouth, and  got bitten by a rattle snake. The darn snake made a nest in the hollowed out part of the darn horse. That was it....My mother wouldn't let us on that ride if it was free! hahahahahaha

Oooops! Yeah! I like rattlesnake tuna. Mom must have eaten it a lot because she always had a Hissy Fit.... hissssssssssssssssszap*

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum