Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November............ what's for dinner?

+4
Barbara101
bethk
NormM
Niagara Visitor
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 19]

426November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:03 pm

NormM

NormM

Charlie is planning to put up half a string of lights with the Grinch pulling them down.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

427November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:47 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Lights will go outside on the post and rail fence, and that's it.
The house was just sided and I told DD, no screws or nails in the window frames.

428November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:26 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Briecran

Saturday Boring Saturday snack before dinner .

429November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:29 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I can tell the pistacheos....but what's the compote on your brie?

Every time I think I've used the last of the frozen containers of jambalaya ~ VIOLA !!! ~ one more appears in my freezer as I'm rummaging around trying to get inspiration for a meal.

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 03.09.15

430November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:33 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

cranberry chunky sauce I made.

Oh that looks great.. I am going to steam some fresh green beans and mash up a sweetP and of course a few slices of leftover meat.

431November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:52 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

what the heck lol... I bought 8 very ripe bananas from the sale rack for 10c... November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 2876911673

I am going to make a banana bread.. November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 3267860543

432November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:27 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

yer killin' me here.....I love banana bread. I love to put it into the toaster oven and get just the tiniest bit of crust all around it. Then, a slather of butter.....((sigh))

Dane would kill me if I made it.

433November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:34 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Shallot7

434November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:44 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

better than the 'real' thing.....'cause there was none of the mess of makin' it!

Looks great! cheers November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 3267860543 cheers

435November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:44 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

HE wants wings. Lawdy knows, I WANT WINGS!!!!

I found a package in the 'scratch & dent' section at Publix. Brought 'em home and they smell fine.

So, I'm cookin' 'em tonight!!!

436November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Pot pie and I shouldn't....

437November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:48 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I made a small batch of turkey soup with stuffing dumplings for my dinner tonight. DH and Roomie will have sandwiches. Tomorrow will have to be something else. I am sick of turkey. I think I will freeze the leftover meat and use it later.

438November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:34 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

It looked like it might start to rain so I got busy on the grill a bit early......and, consequently, we ended up eating early.....didn't bother either one of us. We were both hungry for wings. His got Buffalo Wild Wings' Caribbean Jerk sauce and mine got a mixture of Sweet Baby Ray's and Sweet Chili Sauce. We split a sweet potato, I steamed some baby green beans & had a side of slaw.

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 IMG_20151129_165859346

Here's a pic of our 'house guest', Kujo the Rat Dog:

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 IMG_20151129_172226241

He's not been any problem, comes over for breakfast, goes home for a nap, comes back about 11:00 a.m. and stays until after his 'snacks' at 6:00 p.m., then back to his house for the night. I go over between 10 and 10:30 p.m. to let him out one last time and then he goes back to his bed and is happy to see me in the morning. This arrangement is so much easier on him than going to the kennel or boarders for a week with strangers.

439November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:44 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 0ECFA2CE-F9A7-49C3-8F8B-AF310E95F842

Maggie ... they both think that going to the bathroom with me is going to some secret fun place..

That is one cute pupster..

440November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:06 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

He does seem happy to be here. JoAnn said he wasn't happy going to the boarders even though they pamper the animals and have TV's, etc. for them ~ in a private 'suite'. I don't think he likes other dogs much. He's friendly with bigger dogs for the most part, and females ~ but really doesn't want to be around other male 'rat dogs'.

So, since he really isn't any trouble....he eats the food she made up for him and left in the refrigerator (it looks really gross, but all I have to do is put 2 spoonfuls in a disposable paper bowl and heat it in the microwave for 11 seconds.....) and picks at his dry food during the day. Drinks the water I have out for him (as long as it's fresh every day). He does like to use MY grassy yard more than his, but that's OK. Dane will clean it up again in a couple days.

He's small but agile, able to jump up and lay on Dane's lap in the lazy boy, especially when Dane has a blanket on his legs. Drives me crazy when he wants to be on my lap ~ he's too hot for me. But if I have to, well, I guess I can put up with it for a little bit. LOL

441November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:19 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Thanks%20pizza2

On my way to make pot pie , I got lazy..lost interest.. I had the dough made so I made veggie pizza..leftover stuff..Ricotta on the base..grapes,sweet Pot, sprouts, fresh buffalo mozz.sliced onion..

442November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:14 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

well aren't you just the clever one!

That looks like it just got cut out of a magazine .......

443November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:16 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Thanksgiving%20pizza

I ate 2 slices..OMG so good...I am not testing...lol

It has been 77`,78` and 80` the last week and more to come.. My air conditioner is still on.. November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 2855670339

444November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:59 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Wow! the crust looks thin and crispy ~ just the way I like it!

With the ricotta, won't it counteract some of the carbs? I would think it would be a little high, but not a horrible meal by any means.

445November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:01 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had German pork sausages, and pierogi tonight. Son Jim and wife came over.
Tina is feeling like she was hit with a truck.
I forget if I mentioned, she fell backwards the other day, and hit her head.

I cannot believe. I ate sausages without bread!..... Did that the other day too with Italian sausages.

446November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:06 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I forget if I mentioned, she fell backwards the other day, and hit her head.

UH_O...I am scared to death of falling.Hope she is OK>>.

I have a light bulb out,outside on the patio and just today the girls pee pad bathroom light blew..I will buy a lamp before I get on a step stool... Evil or Very Mad No

447November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:49 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:I forget if I mentioned, she fell backwards the other day, and hit her head.

UH_O...I am scared to death of falling.Hope she is OK>>.

I have a light bulb out,outside on the patio and just today the girls pee pad bathroom light blew..I will buy a lamp before I get on a step stool... Evil or Very Mad No
Step stools are a hazard. I don't even fancy them things. I will use a step ladder before I take a chance on a step stool.

448November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:55 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

What did the doctor say? Did she have a CT of her head? That's scary stuff.

449November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:30 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

Jimmy, If Tina took a bad fall and hit her head, she should be seen at the ER or at least at the doctor's.., she could have a concussion....
She should be resting and not cooking.

450November............ what's for dinner? - Page 18 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:33 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:Jimmy, If Tina took a bad fall and hit her head, she should be seen at the ER or at least at the doctor's.., she could have a concussion....
She should be resting and not cooking.

No ER.... She did not want to go. She is a lot better today; except for the lump on the back of her head. She did rest up yesterday till around 4, because she wanted to cook supper. She did not want me to cook. IDK Evil or Very Mad
She is up at the church wrapping presents now for the poor kids / family's.
What I think happened, is she tripped out of those ( I hate them ) Berkies she calls them. open type sandals. They are like leather flip flops.
They are so dangerous.  Evil or Very Mad  No

Last edited by UNCLE JIMMY on Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum