Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November............ what's for dinner?

+4
Barbara101
bethk
NormM
Niagara Visitor
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 19]

401November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:28 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Nopi%20corn8

SO GOOD  They are not like corn muffins but souffles..

402November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:29 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Nopi%20corn9

403November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:45 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

oh and it was 80` today....... November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 1838020472

404November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:47 pm

NormM

NormM

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 DSCN3138_zps5lqfculy

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 DSCN3140_zpsrefpitvd

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 DSCN3146_zpsicnh4edh

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 DSCN3144_zpsijqpgekp

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

405November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:02 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

The meals look wonderful, Barb & Norm. Corn muffin souffles, Barb? They didn't have cheese in them, did they? I'll check and see if you posted the recipe......that sounds interesting, like a lightened up corn bread casserole with some texture.

We had a lovely meal as well ~ well, we had way too much food to eat at one sitting. But it was all delicious. Barb, I made the Brussel sprouts with grapes. I did add some fried bacon just because it goes so well with them. Our friends couldn't get over how good they were, commented that the sweetness of the grapes tempered the usual bitterness of the sprouts. Thanks for the new "IT" vegetable!

The turkey was done in a cooking bag and came out surprisingly golden. Last time I saw a turkey cooked that way it was still white. I did put a mixture of butter & thyme under the skin but I don't think that was enough to create a golden crust. But the bird came out perfectly cooked and was delicious.

406November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:37 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Corn muffin souffles, Barb? They didn't have cheese in them, did they? I'll check and see if you posted the recipe......that sounds interesting, like a lightened up corn bread casserole with some texture.

Posted and you can leave out the cheese.

407November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:08 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:[url=https://s262.photobucket.com/user/matthewsno/media/DSCN3138_zps5lqfculy.jpg.html]

Wow! Tabe setting is fit for a King / Queen.
Nice!

408November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:12 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wonder if Norm wants to do it again next year November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 2876911673

409November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:57 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Nopi%20corn9

Your meal looks like it came from Heavenly Cooks Magazine. Great pics Barb. Are you sure you are not a Food Photographer?

So tasty looking!! Ummmmmm.

410November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

LOL nope .. Just lucked it out..Well I do take lots of pics outside in natural light.

Thank you..

411November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:54 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.. everybody's meal look so good.. nice table setting Norm, hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving feast, Barbara, all your foods look so good and nice pictures you shot, as well as Beth, I'd like a bite of your italian sandwich.. Jimmy, your meal sounds yummy too.. we had a simple dinner, only the five of us, and my Mom in law cooked, not too much like before, the turkey was getting smaller, the smallest she could get, no more pies, except my Pumpkin Cheese cake and yes, everybody loves it

here is her turkey, so easy, she soaked a towel/cloth with oil, cover the whole bird and roasted it for 5 hours, once or twice she repeated the oil soaking, she did not season with anything, she in on no salt diet, so we had to add salt on it, the gravy oh so really good as well

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 3_zps7ic4malj

here is my plat, I always brought my chili sauce with me, and a bit of lemon juice.. and it brought my turkey taste to the next level.. so good

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 1_zpsr85gk6fo

and my perfectly baked pumpkin cheese cake

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 2_zpsnytun7zs

412November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:55 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Guess we know what everyone is having for dinner lol....

413November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:22 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Turkey%20breast3

Turkey for days.....

414November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:53 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

No leftovers here....left them all at Lyn's!

I had movie & lunch with the neighborhood ladies today.....went to see 'Brooklyn' and then a late lunch at the Mexican restaurant in town. So, Dane's on his own for supper. I know I won't want anything else to eat today.

Tomorrow our neighbors leave on a 7-day cruise and we're watching their little 'rat dog', Kujo. He's a little, tiny white bundle of fluff. Because I call him 'rat dog' he thinks I like him....can't wait to come and poop in MY yard.....dumb dog. But he hated being at the kennel and hated the friend she had stop to take care of him last time they went away, so he's ours for a week. I told her I'd teach him to sit by duct taping his legs together. Then I will teach him to fetch by sliding him across the tile floor and yanking him back with his leash.....He'll be so happy to see them return next Sunday!

It's been years since we've had a pet in the house. It should be interesting. He'll spend the nights at 'his' house so he can sleep in his own bed on the floor and will only come to our house during the day. I figure he'll do much better eating and sleeping in a familiar environment. I've 'dog sat' for other friends before and their dogs always wanted to stay in their own home except to visit at my house once in a while.

415November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:49 pm

NormM

NormM

I went too early to buy a turkey and they didn't have any at Hen House or Costco. HyVee had some but the biggest one was 14 lbs. I got it anyway. A few days later all the stores had turkeys overflowing the bins. I got a 10 pounder to go with the other one. In the pictures above the small one was presented whole and the larger one was cut up on a platter ready to go and the other one was at the ready when we ran out but we never did. I ended up cutting up the smaller one and sending most of it home with the company. They both said it would take 3 to 3 1/2 hours to cook but the bigger one in the slow cooker was done in 2 hours. The smaller one in the oven took half an hour longer.

The pecan pie with a little bourbon, bitter chocolate and ginger was a big hit. Everyone liked the cranberry chutney and the Heritage Ham too. It had that glaze on it from the ham Jaques Pepin recipe that Barbara posted.

416November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:43 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

So. Haaaaaa Kujo's On vacation too, huh?
Vacation over at Beth and Danes house. OMG, it has me rolling on the floor laughing!

Tina is trying to sleep in the back room, and asked me,"What the heck are you laughing about?"
I told her, Kujo the Rat Dog....
She said,"You better stop whatever the heck you are drinking!" .... LOL....

417November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:50 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

No leftovers here....left them all at Lyn's!

Gosh I love leftovers ..I am the queen  of leftovers HA..

I hope the store I sometimes go to has some 8 and 10lb turkey ,48clb .. I only buy small ones. I am going to pile up on SweetP too ,39clb. I already cooked 10 of them..

I cut the wings and dark meat off and use that for broth and then stock.. And the meat for the pupsters..I do not like turkey that much but love chicken lol..Plus I only like the breast and of course thigh and wings ..BBQ or baked or grilled..Thigh goes in so many recipes..

418November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:55 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Turkey in a slow cooker??? Must be a big one lol.I pretty much only use mine for yogurt. I am sick of cleaning the thing and it is heavy..Last time I made a whole chicken in it ,it just apart to nothing and I ended up making a pot pie with it and add veggies and br rice and gave it to the 'girls'

419November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:16 am

NormM

NormM

The slow cooker is a Nesco 18 qt. It was on sale years ago when they switched to digital controls on those things.

420November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:09 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I tried out a frozen Butterball turkey this year. I wasn't impressed. They inject the turkey with something that made the drippings taste a little off. In fact there were hardly any drippings at all. That is the last Butterball for us. I tried a new roasting rack that hangs the bird upside down so all the juices run down to the breast. The breast was vey moist so I guess it worked. For some reason things just didn't turn out very well this time. I didn't like the way anything tasted. I doubt if anyone else really noticed because, as Jimmy would say, everyone was either "half lit" or on fire. My sister drank a full bottle of champagne by herself. My DH and Roomie were mixing things with a chocolate martini for dessert. I just can't drink. My throat feels like it is squeezing shut when I take a good size sip. Very unpleasant. I have to follow each sip with a drink of water to counteract the feeling. So, here I am at age 61 and never had so much as a buzz on. I tried MJ once in high school, hallucinated for a few hours, but wouldn't say I was high, but I was something. That experience cured me for life. LOL. Never tried anything after that. The closest I have come is with a good dose of codeine cough medicine when I had pneumonia, but it also made me sick at the same time. Hard on the gut.

421November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:45 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today was a bologna sandwich for lunch, and a ham, cheese, and tomato for supper.
Yesterday, I was wiped after the cooking and food eating frenzy ....
I sat in the back room on the recliner, and at 4 am, I awoke with a decorated and lighted Christmas tree in front of me. DD was here, and decorated the tree.

422November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:11 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

That's the best kind of decorating.....done for you!

423November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:42 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

We have what we call our "insta-tree" It is a small tabletop tree that we have decorated. We keep it decorated and stored in a plastic bag and pull it out when we are not in the mood to decorate a regular tree.

424November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:46 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugster2 wrote:We have what we call our "insta-tree" It is a small tabletop tree that we have decorated. We keep it decorated and stored in a plastic bag and pull it out when we are not in the mood to decorate a regular tree.

Me too. I am passed all that work..

425November............ what's for dinner? - Page 17 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:00 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

A few years ago I picked up a menorah and I place it in my window.....no one expects to see any Christmas decorations around my house now.....

(I know ~~~ I'm going to go to he77 for that one......)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum