Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November............ what's for dinner?

+4
Barbara101
bethk
NormM
Niagara Visitor
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 19]

226November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:15 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Ina%20beef%20collage

Relicious looking Barb.

227November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:21 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Thanks Jimmy..

I needed a comfort meal. Very stressful week.I needed something to occupy my mind..

228November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Thanks Jimmy..

I needed a comfort meal. Very stressful week.I needed something to occupy my mind..

I'm with ya Barb..... Same with me. It's easy to say "don't worry about it!"....but when it does happen....it seems like the only relief, is if I take the bull by the horns, and yank it back together again. And by that time, my stress point is high.

229November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:17 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm back........

I got home last evening about 5:00 p.m., totally exhausted and ready to just take a shower and climb into bed. A week of holiday with a couple old broads wears us out!

Dane was ready for a home cooked meal (big surprise!). So, I gave him some grilled ribs, baked butternut squash and Brussel sprouts. Now he's a happy camper.

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 11.16.15

230November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:52 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 IMG_0866

I have lots of leftovers to eat but just not in the best mood to even go there..

I made this cole slaw???  Why?? just because..Really good. I posted the link..

231November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:22 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Busy today. Way to busy to eat sitting down.
I was working with piping and lights outside whilst the siding guys were working.

Tina got me an egg mac muffin at Micky D's .... then supper was a quarter pounder with cheese.

232November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:11 pm

Niagara Visitor

Barbara101 wrote:November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 IMG_0866

I have lots of leftovers to eat but just not in the best mood to even go there..

I made this cole slaw???  Why?? just because..Really good. I posted the link..

Orange cabbage?

233November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:13 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Butternut squash.

234November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:21 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Butternut squash slaw is new to me. I thought it was a raisin carrot salad.

235November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:06 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had coleslaw that Tina bought at Alpine Meats in Blairstown
A German Butcher Shoppe. Tina loved it, but I didn't like it.
It was just mayonnaise and was so thick. You could throw it at a wall, and it was so thick, it would stick.

236November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:14 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

tuna sandwich with homemade Peasant bread.. Dirk loves it, he ate 1 and 1/2 big sandwiches, he has been working on our backyard for hours, taking in the plants into the green house, temperature tonight will drop to 35'F, and most of the plants can't survive the cold, so tuna sandwich was the right comfort food for him

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 21_zps5eku68je

no  knead peasant bread, so good for sandwiches

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 DSCN4648_zpspinpouzf

237November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:36 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

With all the food shopping going on, I sure would not be eating fast food. Personally I would not eat it for $100.

That's just me I guess.

238November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:41 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda! Welcome back....you were missed. I can see Dirk is smilin' and VERY happy you've returned from your travels! LOL

Your bread looks wonderful. You always inspire me to break out the yeast (unfortunately for me, Dane isn't eating much bread these days so I guess I'll hold off for a bit.....).

But welcome home. Glad to see your pics on our pages again!

239November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:09 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugster2 wrote:Butternut squash slaw is new to me. I thought it was a raisin carrot salad.

I posted a link to the recipe.....

240November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:42 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I am using the other half of butternut squash to make a soup for dinner..Seems no one is fond of it but me so I will not go to the trouble of posting recipe unless asked..

241November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:33 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have a butternut squash soup I make every Christmas.

242November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:59 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:I am using the other half of butternut squash to make a soup for dinner..Seems no one is fond of it but me so I will not go to the trouble of posting recipe unless asked..

I just made that last month....Dane wouldn't even try it, says he doesn't like it. How he knows he doesn't like it without even a small taste is beyond me. LOL

I just used my leftover baked squash. Sauteed some onion, carrot and celery, then cooked the veg and cut up squash in a bit of chicken stock, seasoned with fresh grated nutmeg and some spice blend I have that has some cayenne (I like the little bit of heat). I blitzed it until smooth with my stick blender in the pot. I finished with a tiny bit of heavy cream and then sour cream on top when I put it in the bowl. Oh, and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds for a bit of crunch.

It would be good (IMO) with homemade croutons made from leftover corn bread....but who ever has any of those leftover? Hahahaha!

243November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:11 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Ha sounds like what I just made. I did not use cooked squash , I cooked it.I had some for lunch soooooooooooo good.Low low low carb.

244November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:33 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was supposed to be stuffed cabbages. No dice!... Tina is too sick!
Probably soup of some kind. ?????

245November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:40 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

cabbage soup is good....of course, so is steamed cabbage, sauted cabbage and kielbasa, cabbage & tomatoes, cabbage and ground beef with tomatoes....

Oh, man, I love me some cabbage!

with a side of slaw.....

But I'm havin' a take on Susan's Meatballs tonight. A package of the (frozen) porcupine meatballs pulled from the freezer this morning, thawed & then browned all around and now simmering in a thinned out can of cream of chicken soup. Oh, I added a bit of chopped onion to the simmering sauce for some added flavor. I know you said Golden Mushroom soup, Jimmy, but the only creamed soup I had was cream of chicken....so that's what it is. And just because I'm hungry for mashed potatoes.....I pulled a container out this morning and that will be served to spoon the meatballs & gravy over.

I do have a huge bunch of broccoli to have as a veg ~ doesn't eliminate the carb count in the mashed potatoes but my numbers are OK (as well as Dane) so once in a great while I get to eat what I'm hungry for.

246November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:16 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Supper was supposed to be stuffed cabbages. No dice!... Tina is too sick!
Probably soup of some kind. ?????

Jimmy. I know you know how to cook.

247November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:19 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Tina sick? Is it still the old stomach bug or is it something new? Poor thing.

248November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:40 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Yeah! ... I could cook, and I have made stuffed cabbages before, but I didn't add enough water to the meat filling, and they were not soft, and were too tight.

Tina has plans to make 5 lbs. of meat ( pork ) and to make and freeze uncooked on a sheet pan.
She portions them for cooking later with tomatoes etc. So it's not just a 1 head cabbage. More like three heads.

249November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:44 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Yeah! ... I could cook, and I have made stuffed cabbages before, but I didn't add enough water to the meat filling, and they were not soft, and were too tight.

I do not add water.What ? lol

250November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:53 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Supper.....

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 10 11.17.15

(I cannot tell you how GOOD the mashed potatoes were.....been so long since I've had them on the table. But it will be a long time before they appear again. ((Sigh....))

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum