Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??"

+4
Imelda HL
NormM
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 18]

176SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:30 pm

Niagara Visitor

"Grouper fingers"???? LOL I thought groupers had fins.  However, I spent a week in the Bahamas in spring, on a catamaran.  John, the captain caught/speared grouper every day.  I LOVE, LOVE love grouper.  Can't get it here very often and if I can, it is very expensive.

177SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:38 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Gabe cannot eat spices, and I don't want to be the blame for him getting sick.

Take some out for him, then spice away..

178SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:32 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Gabe cannot eat spices, and I don't want to be the blame for him getting sick.

Take some out for him, then spice away..

I will take his out and then add the sausage. That is where the heat comes from. Big time spicy.

179SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:14 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I pulled a couple packages of the chicken sausage w/mozzarella & spinach out of the freezer. I was going to make sausage & pasta for supper and decided I might as well make enough to stick back into the freezer as ready-made meals for another few times.

I was originally going to use penne pasta but discovered I only had a small amount in the pantry. So, I cooked that little bit and when it had cooked for 4 or 5 minutes I added the partial box of mini farfale I had. I like to mix my pasta when I make it for a casserole - keeps 'em guessing! LOL

I stemmed a bag of fresh spinach and steamed it for 3 minutes in the microwave. When it was cooled I squeezed the liquid out and chopped it a bit. Mixed the cooked & cooled pasta with the spinach and jarred marinara mixed with some of my homemade tomato sauce. Meanwhile, I had the chicken sausages browning up on the grill. I like when the skins get nice and crispy and some of the casings pop open. When the sausages were cooked and cooled I sliced them so they could be added to the casseroles in bite size bits.

Then I just layered the pasta, spinach & sauce with the sausage rounds & grated mozzarella, repeat and either wrap for freezing or have ready to go into the oven for supper.

SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Chicken%20Sausage%20amp%20Pasta%20Casserole

180SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:18 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Yum!

181SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:20 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

My photobucket is giving me fits ((again)).....it won't let me copy the pic of the baked casserole. It got dried out and crispy on the edges and lightly browned on top.....YUM! But it was way too much for either of us to eat. I should have just served out of one casserole and saved the other. But, hey, we're family. After it cools I'll just push it into one dish and we'll reheat it for a big lunch later this week. I toasted some of the Italian baguette that was in the freezer, lightly buttered and that got freshened up nicely. Glad I didn't make a salad. That would have been way too much!

182SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:57 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I pulled a couple packages of the chicken sausage w/mozzarella & spinach out of the freezer.  I was going to make sausage & pasta for supper and decided I might as well make enough to stick back into the freezer as ready-made meals for another few times.

I was originally going to use penne pasta but discovered I only had a small amount in the pantry.  So, I cooked that little bit and when it had cooked for 4 or 5 minutes I added the partial box of mini farfale I had.  I like to mix my pasta when I make it for a casserole - keeps 'em guessing!  LOL

I stemmed a bag of fresh spinach and steamed it for 3 minutes in the microwave.  When it was cooled I squeezed the liquid out and chopped it a bit.  Mixed the cooked & cooled pasta with the spinach and jarred marinara mixed with some of my homemade tomato sauce.  Meanwhile, I had the chicken sausages browning up on the grill.  I like when the skins get nice and crispy and some of the casings pop open.  When the sausages were cooked and cooled I sliced them so they could be added to the casseroles in bite size bits.

Then I just layered the pasta, spinach & sauce with the sausage rounds & grated mozzarella, repeat and either wrap for freezing or have ready to go into the oven for supper.

SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Chicken%20Sausage%20amp%20Pasta%20Casserole

Looks great Beth.... Did you know, they sell pasta with all mixed up different kinds in the box?... P&R does I know!
Great for pasta e fagiole ....

183SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:11 pm

Niagara Visitor

I went to a local Greek Festival today.  Not very exciting, for it has been raining for three days.  However, I bought some delicious barbecued lamb, and some stuffed grape leaves.  Both were wonderful.  I just took them home to eat.  Also bought some Spanakopita, what I make is better.  There was way too much of the dough and little filling.  Their tzatziki was really great also.

184SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:32 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 09.13.15

photobucket is back up.....

185SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:44 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 539437_3508523999231_1311618448_n

Grilled chicken breast..

186SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The sausage and meatballs never got done.
I was busy on the phones with getting all the particulars of the funerary plans for Tina's Aunt.
She expired at 830 am today. It was a blessing. Hospice came, and commended Tina for the great work in keeping her aunt comfortable and pain free on the journey.

So with all the goings on, I just had whatever I could find in the house to eat.
For Gabe, I made corn dogs, had to cut them in slices because he had no clue how to eat them.
He had them before, but claims he forgot how to hold the stick??????? I wound up cutting his in little pieces. He ate two. I was amazed. I made him steamed corn, and Bob Evans' mashed potatoes.
Jello for his dessert.

I have a thought to make Tina's meatballs for her tomorrow. She will come home tomorrow afternoon, do her thing, and then go back to her uncles; because they have some things to do on tuesday.

187SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:11 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

We are having marinated tri tip steaks, marinated and grilled artichokes, and a Pasta Roni that Roomie loves.

Miracle of miracles, I went to the beach today with my DH. There were a lot of Europeans there. You can tell because all the men, young and old, were wearing tight bikini bathing suits. What a sight that was. One old fart just stood there, scratching his bits. Oh joy. The only Americans you see wearing those bathing suits are athletes. Then along came a woman and her entourage. She was dressed up as Queen of the Sea with a long silver wig, silver and purple swimsuit with a train and a silver staff with something on the top. She was having her picture taken on the rocks but the lifeguard chased them off. Too dangerous. Then there was this poor obese woman who went swimming and came out of the water but got knocked over by a wave. She couldn't get up and rolled back and forth in the water like a log. It took 3 men to get her up and then she kept falling down. Then the lifeguard gave her a lecture about water safety. What a day.

188SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:18 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 2876911673 Bugs..

189SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:34 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:We are having marinated tri tip steaks, marinated and grilled artichokes, and a Pasta Roni that Roomie loves.

Miracle of miracles, I went to the beach today with my DH. There were a lot of Europeans there. You can tell because all the men, young and old, were wearing tight bikini bathing suits. What a sight that was. One old fart just stood there, scratching his bits. Oh joy. The only Americans you see wearing those bathing suits are athletes. Then along came a woman and her entourage. She was dressed up as Queen of the Sea with a long silver wig, silver and purple swimsuit with a train and a silver staff with something on the top. She was having her picture taken on the rocks but the lifeguard chased them off. Too dangerous. Then there was this poor obese woman who went swimming and came out of the water but got knocked over by a wave. She couldn't get up and rolled back and forth in the water like a log. It took 3 men to get her up and then she kept falling down. Then the lifeguard gave her a lecture about water safety. What a day.

Like a beached whale, or a turtle on its back. SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 2876911673 SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 2876911673

190SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:50 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tell Tina she and her Aunt & Uncle remain in my prayers.....Poor Tina, she's gonna be exhausted. Thanks for holding down the fort for her, one thing off her plate to worry about. You're a good nephew to Uncle Gabe.

191SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:58 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Tell Tina she and her Aunt & Uncle remain in my prayers.....Poor Tina, she's gonna be exhausted.  Thanks for holding down the fort for her, one thing off her plate to worry about.  You're a good nephew to Uncle Gabe.

Thanks Beth! .... Yeah!.... At least she doesn't have the monkey on her back while I am taking care of the uncle. She doesn't need that right now!

192SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:00 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

bethk wrote:Tell Tina she and her Aunt & Uncle remain in my prayers.....Poor Tina, she's gonna be exhausted.  Thanks for holding down the fort for her, one thing off her plate to worry about.  You're a good nephew to Uncle Gabe.

I don't know anyone who has ever taken in a relative and provided care for them. Jimmy, you and Tina are unique commodities.

193SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:

I don't know anyone who has ever taken in a relative and provided care for them. Jimmy, you and Tina are unique commodities.

Thanks Bugs... The reality is... he lost his wife and never got her any medical help.
His own business, and never had health insurance. So she died from neglect, because he was too cheap to get her help.

When Tina was a little girl, she grew up poor. So the uncle paid to have her teeth all fixed. At that time $385.00 was like $3,085.00 with today's money worth. So...his thinking is, he took care of her, so it is time that she would pay the help back. He used the guilt trip, and the idiotic statement, that she owes it to him to take care of him, and it's
her job to provide that care.

Tina being a good Christian, and took him in..... ( I can write a book just from the year and a half he is here with us. ) He is one of those axx hole men, that thinks the woman is mans slave, and her purpose in life is to serve her man.
Need I say more?..... I could / should start a thread on "Relatives we respect"... and "Relatives we despise".

sorry to go off topic here..... didn't mean it to be so long.

194SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:30 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

My parents thought I was the same thing: an indentured servant.

195SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:12 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Planning on leftovers for supper. Today is a beach day.....wave therapy.

The Beach : The only place where salt can LOWER your blood pressure.

We were planning to go later in the week (it's about a 1 - 1/2 hour drive from The Villages) but when we checked the weather forecast it said there was a 10% chance of rain today and a 100% chance of rain on Tuesday - Friday. So, today it is. Lunch will be at a small 'family-style' restaurant on the way, Musselwhite's, that has the best shrimp in Palatka.

It's the town we lived in when Dane first came home from Viet Nam. His parents had a KOA Kampground there and convinced us we should move from Ohio to make our fortunes in The Land of Sunshine. After 1 year and 6 days we moved BACK home to Ohio and stayed there for over 40 years. LOL

196SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:40 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I made some ravioli with sausage, cream cheese and chive.. I cooked in store bought Alfredo sauce, so good

SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 DSCN4062_zps4nkjljo2

SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 37_zps09tbxihh

197SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:32 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 11059343_10153678377877082_8444989747462467244_n

leftover flank steak and hatch peppers on flour tortilla,

198SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:35 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda, your ravioli always looks SO good!  You have much more patience than I do.....

Barb - I just saw the Hatch Chiles at Fresh Market again and the price has dropped dramatically.  I bought a package of probably 10 chiles for like, $1.62.

I don't have a clue what I'll do with them but I've got 'em!

I stopped at a seafood shop in St. Augustine on our way back from the beach today and I got some fresh shrimp.  They just called them X-Large.  But I think there were like 24/lb. ($11 per pound)  It was late (for me) when I got home so I just spread them on a sheet pan, covered them with plastic film and stuck them in the freezer to freeze flat.  I'll bag 'em & figure out what to do with them later.

199SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:41 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Spaghetti & meatballs....I made.

Tina came home for a breather and fresh clothes; so she made ham and split pea soup.
She will take some for her uncle tomorrow whilst she takes care of some business.

200SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 8 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:33 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:Imelda, your ravioli always looks SO good!  You have much more patience than I do.....

Barb - I just saw the Hatch Chiles at Fresh Market again and the price has dropped dramatically.  I bought a package of probably 10 chiles for like, $1.62.

I don't have a clue what I'll do with them but I've got 'em!

I stopped at a seafood shop in St. Augustine on our way back from the beach today and I got some fresh shrimp.  They just called them X-Large.  But I think there were like 24/lb. ($11 per pound)  It was late (for me) when I got home so I just spread them on a sheet pan, covered them with plastic film and stuck them in the freezer to freeze flat.  I'll bag 'em & figure out what to do with them later.

great price on them.The hatch not the shrimp lol.I buy them anyway ,just enough for me.I like to grill them.
I am getting some more but I want some big enough to stuff and grill.The hatch lol.DS had a Mexican friend in CA that would stuff them and deep fry..to die for..Loved loved to have her do some cooking.

BTW I used to live in St.Aug..Hated Jax..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum