Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.


You are not connected. Please login or register

August Breakfast and Lunch..

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. on Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:20 am

Barbara101

avatar



Close.lol.

27 Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. on Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:10 am

bethk

avatar
Admin
One bite, two bites.....YUM!

28 Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. on Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:44 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
No girls.... No more bites! I ate them all up! LOL

29 Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:37 am

Barbara101

avatar

30 Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:43 am

bethk

avatar
Admin
I made myself a waffle this morning.....amazing how you can add water to pancake mix and just use enough for one.

31 Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:54 am

Barbara101

avatar
I just threw out 2 boxes of mix lol. I am fixin to make some from scratch .I want to see if it is the mix or my waffle maker.Oh and all of a sudden my pancakes come out flat and cooked to much or fat and not cooked or or or.I just gave up for a while...Could be the cook too.lol.

32 Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. on Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
bethk wrote:I made myself a waffle this morning.....amazing how you can add water to pancake mix and just use enough for one.  

Beth.. Remember in the 60's 70's, they came out with that pour container with the ingredients, and all you would do, is add water, and shake shake shake?
They even had a pour spout! Instant Pancakes.

I forget what they called them??....

They were not cheap, and Tina used to say, "that's for lazy people!"

33 Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. on Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:16 pm

bethk

avatar
Admin
Yup, Jimmy........they still sell it.

Seems like a lot of money for Bisquick and a gallon milk jug.

34 Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. on Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
bethk wrote:Yup, Jimmy........they still sell it.

Seems like a lot of money for Bisquick and a gallon milk jug.


That's it.... Shake and Pour... hahahaha I couldn't think of the name.
What was throwing me off track, was Shack & Bake...the chicken breading...
Aynnn Wee hailped! the little girl said!

35 Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. on Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:01 pm

Imelda HL

avatar
I made a couple of stuffed tomatoes for Dirk, with sausage, cheese and chives, with egg white omelet on the side. 2 toasts slathered with butter

I submitted this picture on my cooking group, in RED and WHITE theme, the color of my country flag to honor our Independence Day this month





after taking the picture I cooked them a bit longer, and added more egg white, sausage, cheese and chives for Dirk
 Smile


36 Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. on Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:13 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Imelda HL wrote:I made a couple of stuffed tomatoes for Dirk, with sausage, cheese and chives, with egg white omelet on the side. 2 toasts slathered with butter

I submitted this picture on my cooking group, in RED and WHITE theme, the color of my country flag to honor our Independence Day this month





after taking the picture I cooked them a bit longer, and added more egg white, sausage, cheese and chives for Dirk
 Smile



I'm sure Dirk is doing a happy dance after having that meal. Looks really good!

37 Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:49 pm

Barbara101

avatar



BLT..

38 Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. on Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:31 pm

bethk

avatar
Admin
Imelda HL wrote:I made a couple of stuffed tomatoes for Dirk, with sausage, cheese and chives, with egg white omelet on the side. 2 toasts slathered with butter

I submitted this picture on my cooking group, in RED and WHITE theme, the color of my country flag to honor our Independence Day this month

after taking the picture I cooked them a bit longer, and added more egg white, sausage, cheese and chives for Dirk
 Smile





Imelda - your pics are amazing ((as usual!!))  I'm sure your cooking group loves seeing your creations as much as Dirk loves being your official 'taste tester'.

Great job![/quote]

39 Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. on Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:36 pm

bethk

avatar
Admin
Barbara101 wrote:
BLT..

Whoa! We almost did it again, Barb.

I noticed the bacon in my refrigerator this morning and thought it should really be cooked before it goes bad. I had enough to make 3 woven bacon squares for BLT's. Then, I got busy and by the time I was going to eat them it was too late for lunch. I was cutting up vegetables for my supper....LOL

So, I've got the bacon wrapped in the fridge and will have one tomorrow and the other two will get frozen for when Dane gets home.

40 Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. on Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:20 pm

Barbara101

avatar
What is wrong with the house? He has been gone long time.lol

41 Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. on Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:27 pm

bethk

avatar
Admin
Barbara101 wrote:What is wrong with the house? He has been gone long time.lol

Hahahahaha......he's doing all the maintenance I asked him to do when we lived there. But, then, he was too busy, too tired, too over worked, etc., etc., etc.

So, he's painting the trim around the windows where the siding doesn't cover, applying caulk to keep from getting leaks around the windows, repairing the stucco on the garage, scraping & re-painting the outside doors and garage doors ~ the list goes on and on.

So, now he goes and bugs DD#2 for three weeks and I get to do whatever I want when he's gone!

Win ~ Win as far as I'm concerned! LOL

42 Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. on Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:57 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
bethk wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:What is wrong with the house? He has been gone long time.lol

Hahahahaha......he's doing all the maintenance I asked him to do when we lived there.  But, then, he was too busy, too tired, too over worked, etc., etc., etc.

So, he's painting the trim around the windows where the siding doesn't cover, applying caulk to keep from getting leaks around the windows, repairing the stucco on the garage, scraping & re-painting the outside doors and garage doors ~ the list goes on and on.

So, now he goes and bugs DD#2 for three weeks and I get to do whatever I want when he's gone!

Win ~ Win as far as I'm concerned!  LOL

Beth, Tina said, hahahaha....Send him over here when he's done, and then you can have More time to yourself.

43 Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. on Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:39 am

bethk

avatar
Admin
Well, he just about decided to stay there forever.....

Wednesday he went to play golf with his old golfing buddies in his golf league. He called me, in a panic.....he locked the car keys in the trunk in his golf bag.

Holy Crapp.

I couldn't understand how he could do that. I mean, the only way to open the trunk to put the golf bag in is to use the key fob to unlock the trunk. Why would anyone then put the keys into his golf bag, put the bag into the trunk and slam it shut??? Oh, but IF you leave the trunk lid just closed (not shut completely so it locked) while you go play golf then you just have to open the trunk and toss in your bag instead of going to all the trouble to get the car keys out of your pocket to unlock the trunk.....

MEN! Where is their head?

He said he was going to BREAK A WINDOW....for what, I don't know. There's no button inside the car to open the trunk ~ only get it open using the key fob. I don't know, maybe he was planning to tear out the back seat and try to get in that way. Just what I wanted....MY car, my wonderful little Pontiac G6 Hardtop Convertible, with a smashed window and a ripped apart interior. Good thing I couldn't reach my hand through that phone. I would have strangled him!

I said, "before you go smashing my car window, why don't you try calling AAA. They have people who can unlock the door." Oh, yeah, call AAA.

So, he gave them a call. Within 20 minutes the AAA guy was there and easily opened the car door. Then, BIG SURPRISE! The AAA guy knew there was a SECRET BUTTON on the car door to pop the trunk.

problem solved. Horray!!!

Dane called me back to let me know all was right with the world....I said I was glad he took my advice and called AAA. Then he said, "oh, I would have thought of that before I broke in....."

44 Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. on Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Barbara101

avatar




Early lunch.. Messed around all morning doing nothing..

45 Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:17 pm

Barbara101

avatar





My first Five Guys burger..Will be my last.. Greasy but I ate it anyway..I do not get it? what is so great about this place.??


46 Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:21 pm

NormM

avatar
Well their hamburgers taste like beef. The McD one I just had didn't.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

47 Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:31 pm

Barbara101

avatar
NormM wrote:Well their hamburgers taste like beef.  The McD one I just had didn't.




Yes it did lol. slack on the cheese since it was a cheeseburger..I just happened to walk by on a whim went it..Must have been my what the heck day,I also bought a Starbucks coffee  . They have one in the grocery I shop at..To bad they did not have wine tasting lol.

48 Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. on Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:37 pm

bethk

avatar
Admin
Barb, I agree with you about Five Guys....Dane & I went once to the store by us. There was a great deal of Hoopla! about how great the burgers are. I got a burger w/lettuce, tomato, onion & pickles and Dane got the same, plus cheese. Before we had eaten 1/2 the bun was nothing but mush and falling off and it was such a mess. Neither of us was able to finish.

The fries, also touted as wonderful, were way too seasoned and the serving was enough for 6 people. I don't think we each had more than 2 fries before we pushed them away, too.

It may have tasted like hamburger, but it sure wasn't anything I'd return for.

(Sorry all 5 Guys.....)

49 Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. on Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:21 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
bethk wrote:Barb, I agree with you about Five Guys....Dane & I went once to the store by us.  There was a great deal of Hoopla! about how great the burgers are.  I got a burger w/lettuce, tomato, onion & pickles and Dane got the same, plus cheese.  Before we had eaten 1/2 the bun was nothing but mush and falling off and it was such a mess.  Neither of us was able to finish.

The fries, also touted as wonderful, were way too seasoned and the serving was enough for 6 people.  I don't think we each had more than 2 fries before we pushed them away, too.

It may have tasted like hamburger, but it sure wasn't anything I'd return for.

(Sorry all 5 Guys.....)

The 5 guys hot dogs are ok, per Tina. She had it in one in PA.
My cousin said same thing about the burger, which she had plain. The bun turned into a sopping dripping sponge.

Actually, the best burger I ever had, was from ground beef that Tina had the butcher grind from a standing rib. Good, but you don't want to eat them but once in a while.

50 Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:49 am

Barbara101

avatar



Yes I had dessert with my breakfast.. cheers

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum