Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

August Breakfast and Lunch..

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1August Breakfast and Lunch.. Empty August Breakfast and Lunch.. Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:25 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

August Breakfast and Lunch.. 10150093_604634552946318_420720398_n

Great hardy eats before I go to Publix. I do not shop there anymore ,their prices are thru the roof.But they coffee BOGO so I am getting some this morning. Going in, buy coffee,get out...

Oh and I did not eat the whole steak lol lol.

2August Breakfast and Lunch.. Empty Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:10 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

gotta keep your strength up to go fight the crowds at Publix.

3August Breakfast and Lunch.. Empty Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:16 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I baked some mini Blueberry Coffee cake in muffin tins.. they were so good, dinner will be Lasagna

August Breakfast and Lunch.. 3_zpsiit6see7

August Breakfast and Lunch.. 2_zpszs5gjeq5

4August Breakfast and Lunch.. Empty Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:11 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I love baby foods. Somehow they just taste better because they are so tiny.

5August Breakfast and Lunch.. Empty Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:00 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

August Breakfast and Lunch.. 11012479_505238986300429_5795478647671210901_n

2 eggs turned into this...

August Breakfast and Lunch.. 10297756_654260824650357_394962310689126118_n

6August Breakfast and Lunch.. Empty Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:02 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:August Breakfast and Lunch.. 11012479_505238986300429_5795478647671210901_n

2 eggs turned into this...

August Breakfast and Lunch.. 10297756_654260824650357_394962310689126118_n

Wow!....that's a breakfast and then some! In the 1900's it would be un thinkable!

7August Breakfast and Lunch.. Empty Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:07 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had yeast raised Belgian waffles. Whipped butter ( lots ) on mine with syrup.
Tina had pure maple on hers....and Gabe had blueberries and like a teaspoon of syrup on two waffles. Oh!... I browned some Jones' breakfast sausages to dunk in the syrup.

8August Breakfast and Lunch.. Empty Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:53 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

New Day...Monday early early!

I sat here and thought, hmmm, what can I make now, for breakfast so I don't have to rush, or Tina doesn't have to cook! .... I was inspired by Beths mention of a ton of fried onions and egg sandwich, and Barbara's inventiveness the way she makes her fritatta's , so I combined those thoughts, and fried a chopped large onion, then added a potato diced small. Some peppers chopped, and then a hot dog leftover minced ever so small. Added 4 eggs whipped with a little water...and finished it off in the broiler with dots of american cheese on top!.... None for me till my tummy empties out those steamed dumplings I had last night for supper.

OMG... I just removed the top to take a pic, and it smells amazingly delicious.

August Breakfast and Lunch.. ORrMoV

9August Breakfast and Lunch.. Empty Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:30 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yup...Barb's frittata ideas are endless. Bet you'll be making this more often ~ looks yummy!

10August Breakfast and Lunch.. Empty Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:53 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

LOOKS great..

It is just my way of cleaning out the veggie drawer lol.

PLus I always have eggs eggs eggs.No $6. for 12 either. I bought 4 doz last week at HT 18eggs for $1.67 each.. Plus I already had 3 doz brown eggs I got at the farmers market for $2.a doz..

11August Breakfast and Lunch.. Empty Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:42 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Saw a frozen pizza Mr. Amazing must have purchased when I was gone.....heck, he'll never remember it! I just added some onion, bacon and green olives to make it 'mine'.

August Breakfast and Lunch.. Pizza%20Lunch

12August Breakfast and Lunch.. Empty Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:01 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Have no clue what to make for dinner today!
Tina just said she's so tired today! She's walking around like a zombie!
I cleaned poopy boxes, and put a bistro table together. Then put a new side view mirror on the blue car.... then hung a new wall clock in the kitchen. Now I can tell what time it is so I don't miss any meals!
85º outside now, and moderate humidity.

13August Breakfast and Lunch.. Empty Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:55 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Pizza looks great... August Breakfast and Lunch.. 2825942945

14August Breakfast and Lunch.. Empty Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:25 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

August Breakfast and Lunch.. Corntomato6

15August Breakfast and Lunch.. Empty Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:45 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

My neighbor, JoAnn, and I finally had a nice sunny day to start our pool walking....a way to exercise without having our joints ache after 15 minutes. So, we walked back & forth for an hour.

I was hungry when I got home (big surprise, huh?) so I warmed up some of the leftover rice mixture from the stuffed tomatoes I had. Glad I stashed them in the top drawer of the freezer so it was one of the first things I saw.

Barb, your frittata pie looks yummy.

16August Breakfast and Lunch.. Empty Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:38 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:August Breakfast and Lunch.. Corntomato6

L00KS good Barb, but I'll pass on eating some! hahahahaha.... we are all quice'd , omlet , fritatta'd out for a while.

Yesterday DD brought us another egg pie dish. I said, enough with the eggs already. LOL

17August Breakfast and Lunch.. Empty Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:My neighbor, JoAnn, and I finally had a nice sunny day to start our pool walking....a way to exercise without having our joints ache after 15 minutes.  So, we walked back & forth for an hour.

I was hungry when I got home (big surprise, huh?) so I warmed up some of the leftover rice mixture from the stuffed tomatoes I had.  Glad I stashed them in the top drawer of the freezer so it was one of the first things I saw.

Barb, your frittata pie looks yummy.

Water sport and swimming always makes people hungry!

18August Breakfast and Lunch.. Empty Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:43 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

August Breakfast and Lunch.. Attachment.php%2098

Sandwich made from pie I made..leftovers are great..

19August Breakfast and Lunch.. Empty Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:53 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Rainy morning breakfast / brunch.....

August Breakfast and Lunch.. 08.08.15%20brkfst

20August Breakfast and Lunch.. Empty Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:49 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Rainy morning breakfast / brunch.....

August Breakfast and Lunch.. 08.08.15%20brkfst

Can't beat the taste of eggs in the am....
I had a fried egg / cheese / and Taylor ham on rye toast.

?..You eat raisin toast with your eggs?

Tina puts jelly on her toast when she eats eggs.

I could never acquire a taste for sweet with eggs. hmmm

21August Breakfast and Lunch.. Empty Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:46 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

It was the only bread I had....since Dane's not here I don't eat much bread ~ except, of course, the raisin cinnamon loaf or the Publix Breakfast Bread with dried fruit & nuts. Usually, I just have the toast with a cup of coffee. But I thought I really needed some protein this morning, so.....scrambled eggs with raisin toast!

Actually, with the s&p on the eggs....it was a nice compliment to the sweet-ish bread.

Try it ~ you might like it!

(and then we'll call you 'Mikey')

22August Breakfast and Lunch.. Empty Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:19 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:It was the only bread I had....since Dane's not here I don't eat much bread ~ except, of course, the raisin cinnamon loaf or the Publix Breakfast Bread with dried fruit & nuts.  Usually, I just have the toast with a cup of coffee.  But I thought I really needed some protein this morning, so.....scrambled eggs with raisin toast!

Actually, with the s&p on the eggs....it was a nice compliment to the sweet-ish bread.  

Try it ~ you might like it!

(and then we'll call you 'Mikey')
August Breakfast and Lunch.. 2876911673 I loved that ad.
We had a Micky till DD divorced him after the first week of marriage.
When they were previously together, we used poor Micky to try everything.

I remember having a breakfast at a Denny's. I wanted the pancakes and eggs. I almost flipped when they served the eggs on top of the pancakes.
No big deal....and the waitress brought me a separate plate! And then I realized....yack yack yack..."NO TOAST".... I can't eat eggs without bread or toast! By the time the toast came...my eggs were too cold to eat.
I learned my lesson....order of toast first! August Breakfast and Lunch.. 635107192

23August Breakfast and Lunch.. Empty Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:43 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I made some mini "taco", stuffed with scrambled egg ( mostly white eggs) + sausage, chive, shallot and cheese

August Breakfast and Lunch.. 15_zpsfyvrre0l

24August Breakfast and Lunch.. Empty Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:13 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Cute little yummy bites! I love mini foods.

25August Breakfast and Lunch.. Empty Re: August Breakfast and Lunch.. Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:39 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I learned my lesson....order of toast first!

Your first lesson should have been Not eating in Denny's lol

Love those 2 breads.. I have made sandwiches with them too..
My SD used to put ketchup on his eggs.

Nice fluffly eggs too. I like them like that..

Imelda ... looks great ..I may make some ..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum