Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??"

+5
NormM
Bugster2
Barbara101
Crybaby
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 20]

351(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:30 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Aw, man, I DIDN'T get the hot dog memo.....

Gotta be sure I send you all my REAL email address!

352(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:24 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Attachment.php%20%20%2010105

Snack for watching Etv/pbs tonight..  Then I will be up 5 times to go...Go..

353(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Attachment.php%20%20%2010105

Snack for watching Etv/pbs tonight..  Then I will be up 5 times to go...Go..

Wow...that's some Fruity- -Tooty Snackeroo!

354(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:41 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Aw, man, I DIDN'T get the hot dog memo.....

Gotta be sure I send you all my REAL email address!

So Veggie Expert, what's up with those blood red potatoes. Or I wonder if Mr. Potato Head was prancin around with Ms. Lilly RED Beet?

I wonder what the food of tomorrow will be??? I gotta look and see.
I'll let you know (all) if I find out what it is!

355(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:46 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

July 24th 2015

National Thermal Engineer Day*
National Tequila Day
National Drive-Thru Day
National Cousins Day

I do know one thing!
Tomorrow will be Tony Packos Pickle Day for Jimmy and Tina.
My Order of Sweet Hots, is on the Fed Ex Truck to be delivered Tomorrow.

I will be on the front porch with my plate, and pickle fork, just waiting for them to arrive! bounce bounce bounce

356(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:16 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

No dinner at all tonight except for a can of cashews.

357(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:46 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:[size=18][font=Comic Sans MS]We celebrated Hot Dog Day....even though I never heard of it.

First off.....we were gonna have potato salad, so T went to the farm stand to get potatoes.....and  affraid
(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 QwTLl7

Actually, Jimmy, I think the colored varieties are fabulous....and, yes, I would have used them for potato salad! I found this page with bunches of different varieties ~ and I'd like to try them all.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=colored+potatoes&id=685E7497750F0780CCCE1985E64FA689228EB3EC&FORM=IQFRBA

358(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:57 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I find different colored food weird.lol. Like red cabbage ,green calliflower,colored carrots,brown and black tomato,purple potato,etc...

359(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:28 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Our roomie will not eat any green candy.

360(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:07 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugster2 wrote:Our roomie will not eat any green candy.

That is just to weird.. Suspect Suspect alien

361(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:20 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beth....thanks for the link on the colored potatoes.
Now I'm hungry for fried potatoes.

362(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:35 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

She can't stand to get butter or mayo on her hands either. You should see her eat a sandwich or burger. Two fingers holding the food. The rest of her fingers are splayed out so they won't get contaminated. She looks like a cat who is about to get lowered into water. It is funny to watch. She won't touch a whole chicken or turkey or pull the giblets out of the cavity. Definitely not a cook. And, of course, can't have any food co-mingling on a plate. My DH is that way to so I bought some divided plates. They actually are nice because they hold things like mashed potatoes and gravy in their own compartment instead of spreading all over the plate.

363(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:53 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

And, of course, can't have any food co-mingling on a plate

Me either.I try to use bowls for wet foods but then I just plate the food and then push it apart lol.Not a fan of lots of gravy and sauces that flood the food,that takes over the taste imo..Even tho I do use it.

Like those hot dogs I made last night,I made sure the slaw was on the dry side. I do not like soaked buns   ha..

364(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:09 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, not me....I love having my food mixed up and touching.

Hahahahahaaha!

((for those of you who have not noticed my plate pics, that's a joke))

What does bug the heck out of me is Dane will not eat stew. He doesn't like it. Yet, if I make a beautiful pot roast with potatoes, carrots and onions, he will mash everything together on his plate ~ including the beef ~ and then proceed to pour most of the gravy in the dish on top of his meal.

Isn't THAT the same as beef stew???

go figure......

365(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:23 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugs, something you said reminded me of a recent outing Lyn & I took to the Orlando Mall. We decided to take a short break to sit a bit and got a smoothie & an iced coffee. We found a small table in the 'food court' to sit and just sat there chatting and 'people watching' for a bit.

A middle aged man sat down near us (in my direct sight line) with his Gyro and soft drink. The Gyro was HUGE. As he took his first bite he managed to get a big blob of yogurt sauce on the side of his nose ~ not a little bit, I'm talkin' a quarter sized blob. Apparently he did not notice. I kept trying to look away but, honestly, it was like knowing there was a train wreck about to happen, I continued to glance in his direction.

At one point, Lyn, who had her back to him, happened to glance at something just past him and immediately noticed what I had seen. She started to smile and shot me a look, like, "OMG ~ Did I really see what I just saw???"

When we got up shortly after we had a conversation about 'should we or shouldn't we' have said something to him. I know IF it had happened to a woman I would not have hesitated to discretely (sp?) mention, "hey - you got sauce on your nose!". But, somehow, since it was a strange man it didn't seem proper to approach him.

Were we mean for not informing a stranger about yogurt on his nose?

What would you have done?

366(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:37 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What would you have done?

ha I would have told him .. I am the mouth of the south and I talk to everybody..

367(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:48 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Oh, not me....I love having my food mixed up and touching.

Hahahahahaaha!

((for those of you who have not noticed my plate pics, that's a joke))

What does bug the heck out of me is Dane will not eat stew.  He doesn't like it.  Yet, if I make a beautiful pot roast with potatoes, carrots and onions, he will mash everything together on his plate ~ including the beef ~ and then proceed to pour most of the gravy in the dish on top of his meal.

Isn't THAT the same as beef stew???

go figure......
Tina does the same thing. Mashes everything all together with her fork. Looks like Mush!

368(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:She can't stand to get butter or mayo on her hands either. You should see her eat a sandwich or burger. Two fingers holding the food. The rest of her fingers are splayed out so they won't get contaminated. She looks like a cat who is about to get lowered into water. It is funny to watch. She won't touch a whole chicken or turkey or pull the giblets out of the cavity. Definitely not a cook. And, of course, can't have any food co-mingling on a plate. My DH is that way to so I bought some divided plates. They actually are nice because they hold things like mashed potatoes and gravy in their own compartment instead of spreading all over the plate.

OMG.... That is so funny. lol!
You should have seen me eat my two chili dogs yesterday. The Goosh was over dropping in the plate, and all my fingers had a part to hold. The only hard to do thing, was taking a bite, and not biting my fingers.
I get hammered about that, but my mom had the answer. She said, "God made hands, before forks!"....

I love eating with Gusto.

369(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I love going to a diner for instance, or actually any place I am surrounded by people eating. I just love to watch how they eat different foods.
My motherinlaw used to eat steak ( only at home ) with her fingers, by pulling off little pieces with her fingers, and Gumming to chew it. Tina told her...."Ma, Put your teeth in!"

I remember on the original Candid Camera with Allen Funt sr. ....he did a filming of how people at their chicken at like a KFC or other fried chicken place. It was so funny! The funniest, was one guy. who stuck the whole drumstick in his mouth, and sucked off the meat, and just pulled out the bone, and spit the rest out on his plate; and just chewed and swallowed.

Even corn on the cob is funny to see how people eat it so differently. I'm a four rows all across, and then with the bottom teeth, rake off the next 3 or 4 rows. Then when done, I soak the empty cob in the butter juice, and just suck all that juice off the cob till it's vacuumed clean. Not one kernel left.
Tina, she is a hunt and peck corn cob eater. She has no planned method. It's a bite here, and there, and a bite on the other side. So uneven corn stripping. And then she leaves like 30% of the corn kernels on the cob.

370(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:40 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

My DH dips the whole empty cob in butter and sucks off the juice.

I wish more people would say something to another when something is amiss. I haven't really had many times where I have had to say something to another person. I think the last time was to a woman who had just come through the door to the grocery store. She walked in front of me and the backside of her dress had blood on it. I immediately walked up to her and whispered and she took a look and was so grateful and went home to change.
I do wish that I had the nerve to say something to a man when this happens. I am so tired of it and it seems that men are totally unaware of what they are doing. I see it ALL THE TIME!. Men scratching their parts. I even saw one walking along the beach just rubbing and rubbing his unit. He never stopped. Yesterday at the vet, he started scratching while he was talking about the cat. My DH was there and couldn't believe it either.
I wish I could say something to a certain celebrity, who can't seem to sit still while being interviewed. The last time I saw him, he started to drill in his ear, withdrew his finger and looked at what he had found on his finger. I almost fell off the couch in hysterics, laughing so hard. Totally unaware of how it all looked.

371(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:24 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I just started a skillet of pork steak, pork loin chop, 4 yukon gold potatoes & some onion. I seasoned the pork and browned it a bit in evoo, then added the vegetables. Then I added some boxed chicken stock and I'll let it simmer for 45 min. - 1 hour until everything is super tender and rendered down to porky goodness.

I'll reheat the leftover vegetables (succotash & peas/carrots) that were available and supper will be ready to go.

Dane is leaving in the morning for Ohio. He's got some maintenance planned for our house DD#2 and GS is living in. Darn....I'll miss him (NOT). LOL Actually, I'm looking forward to some 'alone time' without having to worry about cooking for him and his ever changing taste. All I'll have to do is cook what I what, when I want it.

372(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:49 pm

NormM

NormM

Charlie and Cassie just left for a weekend at Branson. Charlie changed his hours so he work 10 hours for four days a week so he can have a day to take care of any personal business. I guess Cassie talked him into taking a vacation with the first week day off. They said they are going to Silver Dollar City which is a park near Branson. I am about to go the the grocery store and pick a couple things for 'just me' meals. I think some lettuce with be on the list.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

373(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:57 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I just started a skillet of pork steak, pork loin chop, 4 yukon gold potatoes & some onion.  I seasoned the pork and browned it a bit in evoo, then added the vegetables. Then I added some boxed chicken stock and I'll let it simmer for 45 min. - 1 hour until everything is super tender and rendered down to porky goodness.

I'll reheat the leftover vegetables (succotash & peas/carrots) that were available and supper will be ready to go.

Dane is leaving in the morning for Ohio.  He's got some maintenance planned for our house DD#2 and GS is living in.  Darn....I'll miss him (NOT).  LOL  Actually, I'm looking forward to some 'alone time' without having to worry about cooking for him and his ever changing taste.  All I'll have to do is cook what I what, when I want it.
So like Just like a relaxing vacation....and do what ye well wish!
I can't do that any more. I have a 91 y/o Baby to watch now!. The uncle.

374(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:02 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Well....it was supposed to be hamburgers to eat with Tony Packos Sweet Hot pickles, but there is a delay in the shipping. Fed ex is scheduled to deliver the 4 jars tomorrow. How the heck pickles are sent to Illinois from Ohio, just to get here is beyond me.
Grrrrr!
So I guess a sliced egg sandwich, or take out pizza.

375(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:00 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Aw, man, Jimmy....I've got a jar in the fridge and one in the pantry. So sad for you.

My braised pork and potatoes came out super tender and flavorful. Thanks to Tina for the braising idea! The onions were so tender I ended up just taking the meat & potatoes out of the pan and then adding a tiny bit more chicken stock to make a gravy/sauce to spoon over the meat & smashed potatoes on our plates. It was super flavorful.

(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 15 07.24.15

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum