Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Latest trip to Hy Vee

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Latest trip to Hy Vee Empty Latest trip to Hy Vee Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:48 pm

NormM

NormM

I was at Hy Vee yesterday looking for something to cook for dinner when I saw Chuck Boneless Country Ribs.  I had never heard of such a thing before and tried to look it up on my phone but could not get any good reception.  I got them anyway but didn't know what to get to cook with them.  I got home and looked it up on the computer and it is just chuck roast cut up to the same size as pork boneless country ribs.  It is expensive for a cut up piece of chuck roast.  It isn't the first time I have noticed that store getting "creative" with the naming of cuts of meat.  Last winter Charlie got some  oranges from there and the sign next to them declared they were Texas Juice Oranges.  They didn't have very much juice and les flavor.  One could drink a glass of water while imagining it was orange juice and get about as much taste from them.  Any way I am going back to a (different) store to get more things to finish dinner tonight.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

2Latest trip to Hy Vee Empty Re: Latest trip to Hy Vee Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:16 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

take them back..I would lol.Same here ,each store has a different name for the same cut.with a higher price.

3Latest trip to Hy Vee Empty Re: Latest trip to Hy Vee Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:27 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

"Chuck Boneless Country Ribs".....I guess it's better than "Mystery Meat Special".

And another thing that gets me riled up is in some stores there is no butcher, just employees who un load the boxes they are sent. If you have a question they are clueless.

4Latest trip to Hy Vee Empty Re: Latest trip to Hy Vee Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:29 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

or the 18yr old putting up veggies does not know what a meyer lemon is. alien 

5Latest trip to Hy Vee Empty Re: Latest trip to Hy Vee Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:59 pm

NormM

NormM

Hy Vee has a meat counter which supposedly has butchers behind it yet they don't know what spare ribs are and fish counter where the guy started to put mussels in a plastic bag instead of paper where they won't suffocate.  And they have guys who run around wearing chef's tunics who aren't trained cooks.

They have a BBQ smoker going out front selling Zarda's BBQ which is already made at a local restaurant and overcooked by the time you get it.  Plus I just noticed yesterday that the fire box must be a fake because they have propane tanks in the back. The chimneys look fake too.

6Latest trip to Hy Vee Empty Re: Latest trip to Hy Vee Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:22 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

You could cook them like short ribs.

7Latest trip to Hy Vee Empty Re: Latest trip to Hy Vee Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:25 pm

NormM

NormM

I brased them with vegetables, a mango and BBQ sauce.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum