Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking......

+3
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Barbara101
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

NormM

NormM

I had left over pancetta so put it in an omelette with onion, parsley and parmesan.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I had breakfast early this AM before I went to sleep. 2:30...I had an egg sandwich with hot peppers.
Boy, did I dream. I dream't I was taking care of DD when she was a baby, and when Tina came home, I forgot where DD was. I didn't know she climbed in the night table next to the bed, and fell asleep.

OMG....it was so weird of a dream.

No more hot pepper snacks for me that late at night. Peanut butter is a better choice

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... - Page 2 10477015_719938011396520_1499844153123854839_n

Clearly breakfast & lunch.Afternoon snack..... Sleep affraid 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... - Page 2 10477015_719938011396520_1499844153123854839_n

Clearly breakfast & lunch.Afternoon snack..... Sleep affraid 

Leftover Eggplant made into a omelet??  lol! 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made us one of those 1970's P-bury Blue tube crust egg and sausage and cheese casseroles....

OK but not something to save for a later meal.... Gave 3/4 of it across to the neighbor.
They have two teen boys that eat everything.

Barbara101

Barbara101

No eggplant in it.lol I do have 2 big ones left tho..I have dinner already planned.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:No eggplant in it.lol I do have 2 big ones left tho..I have dinner already planned.

You do know...you can slice / bread / fry, and freeze them right?

We do that, and place them on a tray to freeze not touching...then when frozen solid, we place them in portion sizes in foil, then in a ziplock baggie.

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... - Page 2 6a00e55015ee528833017c3240e985970b-300wi

My 2 green tomatoes..

NormM

NormM

I stopped at Strouds for lunch. Strouds is locally famous for "the Best Fried Chicken in the World" It was the first time I'd eaten there. It may have been great in the 1930's and 40's and it was good, but I doubt I will go back. It came with gravy, a salad, green beans and french fries. French fries were limp.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbs f f tomatoes look awesome.

i hogged down two fillet's steaks today. Tina and her uncle had spaghetti and meat balls.

Barbara101

Barbara101

thanks Jimmy.Made with crushed corn flakes & baked.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barb - don't know why I didn't see these earlier....

OMG ~ MY FAVORITE!.......

Those look fabulous. Nice and crunchy.

I've never tried baking them. Did you use an egg wash with the corn flakes?

Actually, I've got a tomato that fell off when I was picking a couple ripe ones and thought I'd use it for a nice lunch one of these days.

You pic makes me want that meal sooner rather than later!

Barbara101

Barbara101

2 eggs.3 or 4 cups of crust corn flakes.bake 15 min or so.oh & I used a wire rack in the baking pan so the bottom gets crispy.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yesterday I baked a small spaghetti squash in the toaster oven. Today for lunch I scraped the flesh out of one half to reheat in the microwave, added some butter & s&p and had it for my lunch. Yum.

Dane doesn't like spaghetti squash. So, I make it for my lunch. I do the same thing with eggplant. He won't eat it, says it tastes like a sponge to him. Whatever. I like to get a small one and then I grill it. It seems to not get so overcooked when I do that. Then I just reheat with a splash of marinara and a hunk o'mozarella. (learned from Barb's pics) Good stuff.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Barbara101 wrote:JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... - Page 2 Peppadew_thumb9

Been up 3 hrs & I need a nap........ Sleep 

BIG HELLO from me..JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... - Page 2 2599281016 JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... - Page 2 3602300868 JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... - Page 2 911454047   I'm back since Sunday night.. after taking some rest.. though my mind was not resting, thinking what to cook.. so I browsed here and I found this... after eating junk foods and too tired to cook, today I stole those beauties and put them on my plates  cheers 

JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... - Page 2 4-7

I gave my heart out for my DH who was so patiently waiting for me to come home.. he deserves my whole heart  JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... - Page 2 2790317363 JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... - Page 2 2790317363 JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... - Page 2 2599281016 

JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... - Page 2 6-2

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... - Page 2 940422454 JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... - Page 2 940422454 boy we have missed you too.Welcome back.Looks great.I need to make another batch myself.

JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... - Page 2 3561122519 

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

thank you Barbara  JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... - Page 2 3561122519  I still have a lot to read.. I did not get on this site since I was gone.. 51 days.. can you believe it? I was gone for 51 days.. I told Dirk that my heart and soul were still there with my family  lol!  BTW.. my Mom is recovered now.. I had to stay longer to accompany her until she is really recovered.. now we have a girl we hire to accompany her full time

I made your muffins.. my fridge is still empty, I have milk and spinach, some hard salami D bought for him, no cheese at all. so I used some chunk cut cream cheese and some hard salami.. they are so good.. Dirk finished 2 big pieces
 lol! 

bethk

bethk
Admin

WELCOME HOME, IMELDA !!!

You were missed. You were in our thoughts, that's for sure. I've happy your mother has recovered and you were able to put assistance in place for her. It's always a worry as parents age and especially for you since you are so far away.

I can imaging your dear husband was very, very happy to set eyes on you and have something put together for him to eat that he did not have to do himself. Being away always makes them appreciate us and our talents! LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Welcome back Imelda.... wee all missed you woo woo. LOL...

Glad everything work out with mother.

You rest now!.... If I know you, you probably did so much work last 51 day's.
And then some.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Thank you Beth and Jimmy.. it's good to be back.. though my house is so messy.. it takes time to clean up the mess  Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad but no complain, he let me extend my stay for another 2 weeks  Surprised 

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Thank you Beth and Jimmy.. it's good to be back.. though my house is so messy.. it takes time to clean up the mess  Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad but no complain, he let me extend my stay for another 2 weeks  Surprised 

cookingirl

cookingirl

Welcome Back, Imelda!!
Glad to see you!
Hope your mom is squared away.

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... - Page 2 Blueberrymuffins

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE...Breakfast and Lunch whats cooking...... - Page 2 Blueberrymuffins4

bethk