Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!"

+4
NormM
Barbara101
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 12]

76"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Wed May 14, 2014 9:54 am

NormM

NormM

I had to turn the heater back on last night.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

77"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Wed May 14, 2014 9:59 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I wish I could move somewhere else for the summer. It is like a huge waste of time to be stuck in the house becuz you can not enjoy the outside..My air is on.

I go out to water my plants. I go to the mail box.I go to my auto.I do not go shopping if I have to go out in the heat.I would like to go to the farmers market,nope, even at 8am  "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 387840482 

78"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Wed May 14, 2014 7:07 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Inashrimp4

I know shrimp again.  "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 2855670339 

79"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Wed May 14, 2014 9:45 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Son Jimmy came over for supper with his wife, and Tina made thin Italian style fried steaks in the cast iron pan. Salt pepper and oregano and garlic powder, and seared really quick.
They were awesome, and for round steak, they were tender.

Tina was down in Boonton, NJ with her friend Mary, and they stopped in Kings Supermarket.
Kings is the high end food market. Prices are naturally higher for their meats and produce.
$6.99 a pound for the steak.

Then we had corn muffins and Raisin Bran muffins. I ate a huge bran muffin, and 1/2 of a corn muffin. The best muffins I ever had. I told Tina when in the area....buy more muffins.

80"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Thu May 15, 2014 2:05 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I wanted to make jambalaya but I could not find any sausage in my freezer.I did find pork shoulder chops so I will make pork fried rice .

81"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Thu May 15, 2014 6:57 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I went on a 'road trip' yesterday to the Orlando area mall, Mall of Milinea, or something like that. We went to the container shop and the kitchen stores in the mall and ended up at Ikea ~ geesh, my feet were killin' me from walkin' on concrete all day. And I didn't buy anything but two bottle stoppers for my open wine bottles at Crate & Barrel. Last of the big spenders, that's me.

Today Dane had tests all day at the VA Clinic. So, I had nothing planned for supper. His last appointment was to pick out new glasses and the office was by Publix so we went in to decide on a meal. He decided he wanted brats and picked out some Spicy Johnsonville Brats. Next time I'll get the original. Neither of us was impressed, although they weren't bad, just not the taste we were expecting.

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 051514

82"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Thu May 15, 2014 7:27 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Porkrice5

Pork fried rice...

83"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Thu May 15, 2014 7:50 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I went on a 'road trip' yesterday to the Orlando area mall, Mall of Milinea, or something like that.  We went to the container shop and the kitchen stores in the mall and ended up at Ikea ~ geesh, my feet were killin' me from walkin' on concrete all day.  And I didn't buy anything but two bottle stoppers for my open wine bottles at Crate & Barrel.  Last of the big spenders, that's me.

Today Dane had tests all day at the VA Clinic.  So, I had nothing planned for supper.  His last appointment was to pick out new glasses and the office was by Publix so we went in to decide on a meal.  He decided he wanted brats and picked out some Spicy Johnsonville Brats.  Next time I'll get the original.  Neither of us was impressed, although they weren't bad, just not the taste we were expecting.

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 051514

Looks good Beth.
We can't get the Johnsonville Spicy Hot ones here.
Tina has to look when she is toward the city stores some day.
We get the original ones here, and the chicken ones; I don't like hillshire brand anything either.

I like the Johnsonville hot links charred crispy on the grill.

THAT'S what I have to make before bed tonight!!!.... Burnt Toast with bite through cold butter.
A nice cup of tea with it. Ummmmm!

84"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Thu May 15, 2014 7:52 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Porkrice5

Pork fried rice...
...... That's my favorite, the pork fried rice. I could eat it for breakfast.

Yours looks good Barb!

85"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Thu May 15, 2014 8:21 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I eat take out or Asian food (restaurant) in general very little. I like to make my own.What I have eaten in the way of fried rice is really bad. More likely I won't even eat it.
So easy to make it..

86"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Thu May 15, 2014 8:45 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Unless it is a well known chain like P.F. Chang's, I won't eat take-out Asian either. It all stems from the fact that a local Chinese restaurant was shut down because they were serving cat in place of chicken. Another reason is that I always read the list of restaurant closures and it seems that most of them are Vietnamese, Asian or Mexican. Roaches, mice, unsafe food handling etc.

87"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Fri May 16, 2014 1:55 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made stuffed peppers today.

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 4viwi

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 G3a6

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 R7gf0

88"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Fri May 16, 2014 7:44 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Gosh, but I do wish Dane could eat cooked peppers. I could make his filling in a casserole dish, I know, but it just doesn't taste the same. But that looks really good to me.

Barb, what all did you put in your pork fried rice? Is that pineapple or mango? Just curious.....

I do like PF Chang's fried rice - actually, we went there for lunch when we went to the Orlando Mall. The Chinese BBQ Pork, chicken & shrimp was really good, but not enough vegetables for my liking. The flavoring were tasty though. I had their fried calamari w/sweet pepper rings. Again, good, but I've had better at a restaurant in Toledo (go figure). It was a nice place to go for an out of the ordinary lunch to split with friends.

89"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Fri May 16, 2014 7:53 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I had one small red pepper so I added that.Oil.saute onion & carrot,peas,then I add cooked rice.Then sauted pork shoulder I cut off the bone.Soy sauce. Then pineapple & some of the juice.If I had sliced water chestnuts I would have put some in.I was eating & realized I forgot the egg.lol

90"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Fri May 16, 2014 2:06 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Gosh, but I do wish Dane could eat cooked peppers.  I could make his filling in a casserole dish, I know, but it just doesn't taste the same.  But that looks really good to me.  

Barb, what all did you put in your pork fried rice?  Is that pineapple or mango?  Just curious.....

I do like PF Chang's fried rice - actually, we went there for lunch when we went to the Orlando Mall.  The Chinese BBQ Pork, chicken & shrimp was really good, but not enough vegetables for my liking.  The flavoring were tasty though.  I had their fried calamari w/sweet pepper rings.  Again, good, but I've had better at a restaurant in Toledo (go figure).  It was a nice place to go for an out of the ordinary lunch to split with friends.

Tina is fussy with peppers. She will eat them in peppers and eggs fried, and in a salad , but stuffed, she will only eat the red or yellow ones, and only a small piece.

When the kids did eat stuffed peppers, Tina would make pouches out of foil, and place them in the pot with the other stuffed peppers. The flavor would be there, but no pepper to waste.

Only thing is that they must come out of the pouches if leftover. The foil gets eaten by the tomato acidity. It worked untill they got older. Now,, they yuck at everything with peppers.

I eat the left over peppers, or I will puree them and use them in spaghetti sauce or whatever, just for flavor. Or, I freeze them, and use them for sausage and peppers etc.

91"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Fri May 16, 2014 2:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

One thing I will mention,, is that one time, Tina bought a bag of frozen bell peppers. They were chopped and had onions, and were great to have on hand when fresh was not handy.

Tina bought a bag the other day without the onions. Great for stir fry's like Barb makes for instance.

I had used them for sausage and peppers, and the flavor was outstanding.

92"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Fri May 16, 2014 4:32 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

That's the problem with Dane and his digestive trac....the flavor of peppers (sweet) sends him reeling. He can eat hot peppers without a problem ~ go figure. But he's the same with garlic. Super distress.

So, if I want to keep him around, I guess I will just have to forgo both. ('cept when I'm making a lunch just for me. Then it's a different story!)

93"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Fri May 16, 2014 4:36 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

We're getting together with Lyn & Bill for a cookout at their house.

I'm taking pickled red beets (already made months ago), deviled eggs, cucumber/onion salad and some crepes w/chopped strawberries to roll up with some whipped cream.

I know Lyn's making the burgers and our friend Barb will make something, too.

I also know no one will be hungry when we're all done ~ it's never happened yet! lol

94"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Fri May 16, 2014 5:35 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:That's the problem with Dane and his digestive trac....the flavor of peppers (sweet) sends him reeling.  He can eat hot peppers without a problem ~ go figure.  But he's the same with garlic.  Super distress.  

So, if I want to keep him around, I guess I will just have to forgo both.  ('cept when I'm making a lunch just for me.  Then it's a different story!)

My dad was the same way. He loved peppers, but boy oh boy...punishment 100%

95"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Fri May 16, 2014 5:40 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
bethk wrote:That's the problem with Dane and his digestive trac....the flavor of peppers (sweet) sends him reeling.  He can eat hot peppers without a problem ~ go figure.  But he's the same with garlic.  Super distress.  

So, if I want to keep him around, I guess I will just have to forgo both.  ('cept when I'm making a lunch just for me.  Then it's a different story!)

My dad was the same way. He loved peppers, but boy oh boy...punishment 100%
Hot peppers....no problem. Garlic (Italian living ) ne would burp for two day's all gassed up.

Tina always got queezy after eating my meatballs, and we finally found out, she is allergic to FRESH Basil! Dried....she is ok, but any fresh....she cannot handle it. "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 652761166 

96"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Fri May 16, 2014 8:58 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Whatever I eat lately seems to be giving me the miseries too. Got to get back on the Prevacid. Tonight is a strange combination: potstickers and fried mozzarella with marinara dipping sauce.

97"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Fri May 16, 2014 10:45 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Whatever I eat lately seems to be giving me the miseries too. Got to get back on the Prevacid. Tonight is a strange combination: potstickers and fried mozzarella with marinara dipping sauce.

Bugs..... Tina and I take Zantac now.
It works like in 20 minutes for both of us.
Normally if the Gerd is suddenly onset afyer eating or when asleep.... That painful wake up and stomach pain sends us right to the Zantac.

Now! If we know we are to eat fried foods or eat dairy, we take the Z pill 1 hour Before we Eat.
Poor Tina really suffers; because her stomach is so small. = (Bariatric Bypass surgery in 2002)She eats, and all the food just goes to the small intestine, and then when the acid is produced, it causes pain. She can only eat about 2/3 cup of any food before stopping when severe pain says (enough) ,,,,,

98"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Fri May 16, 2014 10:57 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina was at the rehab center in South Jersey where her uncle is after the fall and the hospital tests.

She called on the way back; and said she was an hour away from home.
I made some chicken fried steak....actually Italian style breaded steak as we call it.

That was it. We just picked them up, and nibbled on them.

I seasoned with salt / pepper / oregano / and garlic granules. Flour dredge / egg wash / and bread crumbs....and that was it.

99"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Sat May 17, 2014 9:51 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I haven't tried Zantac. I have trouble swallowing pills (I either choke on them or they end up in my nose). I have Pepcid chewables which work ok but it usually takes days before the pain goes away with any pill I take. I haven't had bariatric surgery but I can't eat more than a couple tablespoons at a time or drink more than a quarter of a cup at a sitting. What does Tina do if she has to have a colonoscopy? The amount of fluid they want you to drink is enormous. They have changed things now. Pills, 24oz Gatoraid, a whole bottle of Miralax, another whole bottle of Gatoraid. More pills. I haven't had a colonoscopy for 5 years because I can't drink all that fluid. I tried and it came back up. What Tina does might help me figure out what I can do.

100"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Sat May 17, 2014 4:48 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 4 10391427_10152087515286931_2348430155070966107_n

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum