Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cooking with no carbs

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cooking with no carbs Empty Cooking with no carbs Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:46 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Our roomie has got it into her head that she needs to lose weight and has decided that eliminating starchy foods and breads and sugar will do the trick. I tried to tell her that giving up her bottle of wine every night might be more effective, but noooooo...she wouldn't have any of that. She won't give up her wine. So here I am trying to feed us with no idea how to without carbs. Got any ideas? How do you eat pasta w/o pasta? No potatoes? No burgers or sandwiches. Nothing breaded. No rice. No beans. I am at a total loss.

2Cooking with no carbs Empty Re: Cooking with no carbs Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:48 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster ~ a year ago a few of us here decided to go low carb in a quest to drop some poundage. It worked for some more than others. Me, I dropped 3 lbs. the first week and then put it back on and managed to maintain my original weight even though I stayed true to the low carb eating plan for about 45 days or so. You might want to show her the amount of carbs she's consuming in a single glass of wine....it's a staggering amount.

But here's a link (I hope it works) to my photobucket account in the section I recorded the pictures of my low carb meals. It might give you some ideas.

https://s1223.photobucket.com/user/bethkel/library/low%20carb%20options?sort=3&page=1

3Cooking with no carbs Empty Re: Cooking with no carbs Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:56 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Thank you. It has given me some ideas.

4Cooking with no carbs Empty Re: Cooking with no carbs Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:09 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

The BLT lettuce wraps on romaine is a meal I continue to enjoy....I don't miss the bread at all.

Actually, lettuce wraps for a lot of things worked for me. And I ate a lot of zucchini because it holds up well to light cooking. Barb shared with us that a small sweet potato or squash had much less carb than white potatoes so that was something I ate when I really, REALLY wanted a potato with my meal.

5Cooking with no carbs Empty Re: Cooking with no carbs Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:24 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Been there done that.You should not go No carb.You need carbs to balance out your diet.

I have preached till I am blue in the face about low carb foods.My reg D. & doc both got on to me about my low carbs & high fats.Cholesterol jumped sky high, I had to go on some sort of meds to lower it & cut certain foods.

I was having to many low blood Glucose episodes & doc really really got on to me about my food choices,so I am doing much better just eating everything in moderation.

I removed all white foods from my diet..wrong. You can eat it. only not piles of it lol.
I would say just look online at the tons of web pages & blogs for low carb recipes.Actually my doc says low fat,low sugar,low carb, low salt, medium protein is the way everyone should eat.Also if she is serous she will give up the bottle of wine,if she won't, then I would not go out of my way to help her.Just sayin..

6Cooking with no carbs Empty Re: Cooking with no carbs Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:17 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Not to worry Barb, I have no intention of going "no carb" but I thought I would like to be able to offer a few things that might be in that category. I am too much a lover of pasta, bread, potatoes to go no-carb. Plus I think I would starve to death if I didn't have them. I find them easy to digest and that is what is most important to me. My long-standing gut issues and dangerously low weight tell me to eat anything that appeals to me just to get some calories in my body.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum