Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Empty APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:11 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

today I made some sausage and omelet wrap for our brunch with green chili

APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  DSCN2921

2APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Looks Good Imelda....
Today (this morning ) ... I ran the vacuum on the steps carpet and the rest of the carpeting.
Tina made brunch of potatoes diced and fried and seasoned, and scrambled eggs with cheese inside as she scramble cooks the eggs. I Made the toast. That is always My Job.

We are full, and we want to take a rest in the living room and watch TV while we Rest Our Eye's! LOL.... But Not ME... I have to put the trunk carpet back in the car. Tina spilled a bag of sugar, and with the dampness, it stuck to the carpet. I had a heck of a time to get it off.

I am having a cup of tea now. Sooo Goood!

3APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:05 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

He wanted scrambled eggs....I wanted sausage gravy.

Everyone is happy!

APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Brkfst040814her

APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Brkfst040814him

4APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:49 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  179347_1620647390242_1033408_n

TEA..

APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  TherightwaytomakeCinnamonToast010

TOAST.. feeling bad today so this it.. pale 

5APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:53 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, hope you're back to your old self soon.

Grab some chicken stock from the freezer to thaw so you have something to sit and breathe in when you get a little hungry later.....

6APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:45 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Made waffles; Tina fried the sausage, and she ate 1/3 of a waffle, and I ate only one. Felt lousy today!....
I wanted to go to WalMart today, but feeling like poopers. Tina went to get stuff for the uncle.

7APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:28 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

wow Jimmy. Both of us feeling bad.I got woke up about 4am with a burning throat , Like gurd. I took heartburn meds & it got really better.However my throat is very sore. I have coughed a gazillion times.also now I

have a headache.

If I feel this way tomorrow I will go to a walk in clinic. I had a go round with pneumonia,so I need to watch this..

Feel better..

yes I am sure I will eating something light lol.

Last edited by Barbara101 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total

8APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:10 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:wow Jimmy. Both of us feeling bad.I got woke up about 4am with a burning throat , Like gurd. I took heartburn meds & it got really better.However my throat is very sore. I have coughed a gazillion times.also now I

yes soup or eggshave a headache.

If I feel this way tomorrow I will go to a walk in clinic. I had a go round with pneumonia,so I need to watch this..

Feel better..

yes I am sure I will eating something light lol.

Oh! Dear. Barb, take care of that acid re-flux.
I get that too. I slept late today and got up at 9:30. I went to sleep at 2:45 so maybe I slept too long?

I raised the head part of the electric adjusting bed to see if that works with digestion.

I hope I can eat the waffles tomorrow! lol

9APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:31 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had no problem with the waffles today. Made two .... ate two .....made two more for reheat for whomever wants them.

APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  0pfd

10APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:35 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Last can of Costco Kirkland tuna....gotta do a day trip over to shop a bit soon.

APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Lunch041214

11APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:39 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I made some hash brown, pork links and eggs for Dirk before he went to the retreat at church

APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  DSCN2987

12APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:22 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Eggplantcaprese1

leftover or should I say the other half of the eggplant.grilled eggplant salad.I was going to have it for dinner but I got hungry..

13APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:34 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

would you call that an eggplant caprese salad (sp?) or is that (aaaaakkkkk) feta ??

14APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:55 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

eggplant caprese salad

Yes & the last of my fresh fresh Mozz. I do have some feta tho lol.I wish I had the stuff to make a greek antipasta.

15APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:44 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

ah, but that takes olives....

and you ate all of those a while back!

APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  2876911673 

16APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:15 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Frittata3

Frittata ..late breakfast, early lunch.Sortof brunch.I had to take a morning nap  Sleep 

17APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:25 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made me two dippy eggs and fried potatoes and onions ( actually yesterday ).
Oh Dear Lord..... It was so good!

It's 12:20 AM Thursday as I post this, but you know what? I could go for a couple eggs and toast right now!  pig 

Naw! .... I'll just have toast charred black with butter. I don't want to be a complete Hog!
A few more hours, and I'll get Tinamommy to cook me / us more eggies!

APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  K7us

18APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:28 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Frittata3

Frittata ..late breakfast, early lunch.Sortof brunch.I had to take a morning nap  Sleep 

Ooooo! Barb! ... Looks Good enough to force me to make one right now.

That could be a snack for me Now...and breakfast with the rest later this morning!! Smile 

19APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:58 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I tried the sample of hummus at Costco, it was good, but I did not want to spend $6 for that, so today I made my first Hummus ( actually inspired by seeing Ina Garten's cooked hummus in her show yesterday). I used 2 cans of garbazo beans ( $1.30 for both ), added cilantro, jalapeno, garlic and olive oil.. then I made veggie roll with hummus for Dirk, he loves it, and repeatedly said "good".. I'm having my first cup of latte now, I had a glass of fruit smoothie earlier today, I'll think I'll skip lunch.. I'm still so full, with smoothie and snacking the hummus

APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  DSCN3056

APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  DSCN3059

20APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:21 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Agree making your own hummus is better than store brands. But you end up with SO MUCH when you make your own. We had a wonderful Lebanese bakery/deli in Ohio.....LOVED their hummus. It wasn't too garlicky and I could purchase a 1/2 lb. container (about a cup) for a small $$. My favorite is to have it with pita chips (homemade baked ones - super easy) and sprinkle a lot of fresh chopped parsley on top.

21APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:38 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I make my own too.LOVE LOVE Hummus..

22APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:10 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Isn't it funny?
I love Chi Chi Beans (Chick Peas)...all ways, etc., but I do not like Humus! I don't know what it is, but DD Maria buys it and gets different flavored ones from the store, but I just can't dip it and eat it like that. Maybe if it were home made, and then chopped so that it has a little pieces of the pea bean, I may like it better?

What I do like, and it is the Easter Season that they are served...is the Lupini Beans.
They are a bean that is very bitter, and they are a flat bean with like a hole on the side.
They must be prepared and brined before eating; because they are a poison if not.

Italians eat them a lot, and there is a religious story that accompany's that particular bean.
So has it, that they were cursed because when trying to hide in the fields where they are grown, they make noise like a rattle, and they were a dead give away if you tried to hide and scurry through the fields. That is why they are so bitter.

We used to soak them in clear water for several days so that they were more palatable.

They have a tough skin on them, and we would just squeeze them holding the flat part, and aim the hole (We called it the belly button hole ) toward the mouth.
hahahahaha... Many times we would choke because it shot right into the wind pipe; or it got stuck in the throat.
They have a nutty taste (a little salty ) and they reminded me of a chestnut.

23APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:28 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made a pot of Golden Mushroom Soup for our lunch....well, for our lunch and to have some of the mushroom soup base to go into the freezer so all I have to do is reheat and add some half & half. It's a wonderful recipe (got it from Rich....) and I've adjusted it along the way to make it more my own. I think one of the key ingredients, and one you don't usually see being added when making soup, is a good grinding of fresh nutmeg. It adds a nuance that really compliments the mushrooms.

24APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:49 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I love nutmeg in my soup, I even add it in the regular chicken soup, I love it in my mashed potato too

today I made some Cheddar Chive Biscuit by Pioneer Woman.. D loves them, I put 3 on his plate, he went to kitchen and got 1 more  Shocked  I made vegetable omelet to eat with, we are going to the church later and tonight we'll have store bought fish and fries

APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  DSCN3067

APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  DSCN3070

25APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:11 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barb & Imelda always make the most lovely frittata....I got my inspiration from them!

Asparagus / Bacon / Caramelized Onion Frittata

APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  041914brunch

Brunch for 2

APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  041914brunch2

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum