Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

April, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1April, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch Empty April, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:13 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm reheating some leftover potato pancakes for my lunch.....with some sour cream. YUM!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had an egg sandwich toasted white; with fried egg, bacon, and cheese.
Coffee and no sweets after that. I'm one that has to have something sweet, after savory.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had a Fried egg with bacon and yellow cheese, on a toasted english muffin. 2 - 4" pancakes Tina had leftover from her and the baby had, and 2 cups coffee.
Today.....another watch the baby day.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Fried up some ( 4 slices ) boar's head Ham,made a fried ham, egg and cheese, on an toasted English Muffin. Lots of black pepper, and a coffee to have with it!

I'm waiting for Edible Arrangements to deliver the chocolate dipped fruit and ball00ns.
Monday will be our 50 some-thingth anniversary. haha 52nd I think. I didn't forget the day, but I forgot the year we got hitched. So instead of Monday, I figured, give her the arrangement Saturday, so the kids can have some over the week end.
$87.00 of fruit, IT SHALL Be Eaten. ........... And the $12.00 balloons...we shall suck out the helium gas; so we can speak to each other like Munchkins in the Wizard of Oz, and laugh and be full of joy and happiness, even if it would last for 20 seconds.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Congrats on remembering the Anniversary.......still too cold to sleep out in the dog house!

Who'd a thunk, way back in 1966, that this day would get here so fast......CONGRATULATIONS!!!

cookingirl

cookingirl

Jimmy and Tina , Happy Anniversary!!!

Niagara Visitor

Happy Anniversary!  We made it to 51.5

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Thank you all for the Happy Words and Blessings!

Crybaby

Crybaby

Allow me to wish you a Happy 52nd Anniversary, too, Jimmy. Please pass on our congrats to Tina, too, who is looking so wonderful lately!

We're celebrating our 39th on April 29th. When Brian asked me what I wanted to do this year, I said, "Surprise me and YOU plan something." So he made dinner reservations at Bayona, Susan Spicer's restaurant in the Quarter that we love. I'd have been more impressed if he'd selected a nice restaurant that I'd said I'd like to try recently but at least he selected a good one! The City is PACKED with almost all the hotel rooms taken (and we have a LOT of them) so reservations are hard to come by for our better restaurants unless you booked them a while back. I bought a new dress about 2 months ago that I know he will love but if it's hot as blazes next Saturday, I won't be comfortable wearing it so keep your fingers crossed for good weather in the 70s next weekend. Wink

And Jazz Fest starts next weekend (Friday, Sat. and Sunday) and then finishes up the following weekend (they add a Thursday on the second weekend) so I always pray for good weather for the zillions of people that head to N.O. for it -- many Europeans come every year. And often they come for the French Quarter Festival and stay for both weekends of Jazz Fest -- a full 4-week visit. FQ Fest is free (such a deal!) and you pay to get in Jazz Fest but if you stay all day or even part of a day, you can listen to music on about 7 stages -- a true bargain. Food is great, too. Just takes a lot of walking which we're no longer up to doing. Plus it's CROWDED! It's held on the infield of the race track so it's so nice to be outside and on grass so it would be hard for them to change the location now that it has grown so much and attracts such a huge crowd. As it is, they've extended to the concrete around the track to hold some of the myriad craft tents selling their wares -- good crafts too from inexpensive to extremely pricey.

bethk

bethk
Admin

It's going to be a beautiful Sunday evening on April 29th!

((That's about as 'positive thinking' as I'm able to do.....))

Happy Anniversary to you and Brian!

Dane and I are headed for the big 50 in January. So far, nothing planned. I don't like big celebrations and much prefer something quiet with just the two of us.

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:It's going to be a beautiful Sunday evening on April 29th!

((That's about as 'positive thinking' as I'm able to do.....))

Happy Anniversary to you and Brian!

Dane and I are headed for the big 50 in January.  So far, nothing planned.  I don't like big celebrations and much prefer something quiet with just the two of us.

First of all, Happy 50th, Beth. We, too, are not big celebration people. We don't mind going to one but would probably both be mortified to have it be about US!!!

Second, I forgot to say we're going out on Saturday evening, the 28th, so please channel your good cool, dry weather feelings for the 28th instead, okay? Lately, we need all the good karma we can get. No lie.

Crybaby

Crybaby

Niagara Visitor wrote:Happy Anniversary!  We made it to 51.5

In a world where 10 years is a real milestone, Lore, that's amazing!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Crybaby wrote:

Second, I forgot to say we're going out on Saturday evening, the 28th, so please channel your good cool, dry weather feelings for the 28th instead, okay? Lately, we need all the good karma we can get. No lie.

DONE!

(Don't hold your breath......Karma has been known to kick me! LOL)

bethk

bethk
Admin

I saw some green grapes at the store yesterday and immediately thought a nice chicken salad sounded good to me. So I made it for my lunch today.

April, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch 04_25_10

Niagara Visitor

Yes, both my sisters were divorced, one is now 32 years into her second marriage, older son was divorced after 7 years, is now 14 year into the second; younger son got married just before both he and his wife turned 22, and in 2 weeks it will be 28 years for them.  My main thought about all this is............................ How on earth is it possible that my baby is that old to be married for 28 years?????  Wasn't he just learning to walk last month????

Crybaby

Crybaby

Moved to May's thread...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum