Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jetfan's Egg Bread

+4
NormM
Barbara101
Imelda HL
bethk
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Empty Re: Jetfan's Egg Bread Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:57 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well, at least you had a few minutes to drop by! Good to hear from you ~ and good luck on the house sale/search. You could always wait until summer and I'll bet Jimmy would let you camp out in the backyard.....

27Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Empty Re: Jetfan's Egg Bread Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:05 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I'm making another batch of this bread, this time I added jalapeno, cheese and chives.. we'll see how it comes out.. it's still baking in the oven.. can't wait  bounce

28Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Empty Re: Jetfan's Egg Bread Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:20 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Imelda HL wrote:I'm making another batch of this bread, this time I added jalapeno, cheese and chives.. we'll see how it comes out.. it's still baking in the oven.. can't wait  bounce

That sounds divine, Imelda! I can almost smell it...

29Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Empty Re: Jetfan's Egg Bread Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:55 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Crybaby wrote:
Imelda HL wrote:I'm making another batch of this bread, this time I added jalapeno, cheese and chives.. we'll see how it comes out.. it's still baking in the oven.. can't wait  bounce

That sounds divine, Imelda!  I can almost smell it...

thank you.. my house smells so good.. it tastes out of this world.. Dirk loves it, esp I used his homegrown chive and jalapeno Smile

now I'm going to show off my bread  Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 1838020472 

here is how I do it

http://www.podcast.tv/video-episodes/chopped-jalapeno-cheese-bread-4271524.html

Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 DSCN1636

Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 DSCN1637

Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 DSCN1648

Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 DSCN1649

30Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Empty Re: Jetfan's Egg Bread Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:12 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well isn't that just about the neatest way to make a flavored bread !

I do bet Dirk is in LOVE with that bread with his herbs and peppers. Very nice.

31Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Empty Re: Jetfan's Egg Bread Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:19 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Well isn't that just about the neatest way to make a flavored bread !

I do bet Dirk is in LOVE with that bread with his herbs and peppers.  Very nice.

yup.. when I was uploading these pics.. I saw my morning walk companions from my window ( we just talk about jalapeno and cheese bread this morning ), so I ran out and gave them half of my warm bread.. oh they love it.. when I got in the house, Dirk asked me if the bread was all gone, I said no, still half left and he was smiling and said.. "I love it".. I know.. I know.. I'm going to make more  Smile 

32Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Empty Japanese milk rolls Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:23 pm

jetfan27

jetfan27

Hey Guys! Long time since I have been here. Mostly retired, but working on a friends vegetable farm here in Jersey. Two days a week . My pay is produce. I have been baking  a lot. Tried this recipe from King Arthur. Great dough and great rolls and bread. I even use the dough to make Crumb Buns and Cinnamon rolls!

Japanese Milk Bread Rolls
Also referred to as Hokkaido milk bread, these rolls are incredibly soft and airy thanks to a simple technique involving a roux "starter," known as tangzhong. The roux is mixed into the final dough, producing wonderfully tender bread each and every time.
Tangzhong (starter)
* 1 1/2 ounces water
* 1 1/2 ounces whole milk
* 1/2 ounce King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour or Organic Bread Flour
Dough
* 10 1/2 ounces King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour or Organic Bread Flour
* 1/2 ounce Baker's Special Dry Milk or 1/4 ounce nonfat dry milk
* 1 3/4 ounces sugar
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon instant yeast
* 4 ounces whole milk
* 1 large egg
* 2 ounces melted unsalted butter
Directions
* To make the tangzhong: Combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan, and whisk until no lumps remain.
* Place the saucepan over low heat, and cook the mixture, whisking constantly, until thick and the whisk leaves lines on the bottom of the pan, about 3 to 5 minutes.
* Transfer the tangzhong to a small mixing bowl or measuring cup and let it cool to room temperature.
* To make the dough: Combine the tangzhong with the remaining dough ingredients, then mix and knead — by hand, mixer, or bread machine — until a smooth, elastic dough forms.
* Shape the dough into a ball, and let it rest in a lightly greased covered bowl for 60 to 90 minutes, until puffy but not necessarily doubled in bulk.
* Gently deflate the dough, divide it into 8 equal pieces, and shape each piece into a ball.
* Place the rolls into a lightly greased round bun pan. Cover the pan, and let the rolls rest for 40 to 50 minutes, until puffy. To use another pan, see "tips," below.
* Preheat the oven to 350°F. Brush the rolls with milk or egg wash (1 large egg beaten with 1 tablespoon cold water), and bake for 28 to 32 minutes, until golden brown on top; a digital thermometer inserted into the center of the middle roll should read at least 190°F.
* Remove the rolls from the oven. Allow them to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a rack to cool completely.
* Yield: 8 rolls.
Tips from our bakers
* These rolls can also be baked in a 9" round metal pan for about 25 minutes.
*Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1cb2

I don't remember how to post photos I am getting so old :P

33Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Empty Re: Jetfan's Egg Bread Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:52 pm

NormM

NormM

I am definitely going to try this.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

34Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Empty Re: Jetfan's Egg Bread Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:25 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Somehow I missed this when you popped in to post it! Glad you had a minute to stop by.

You've been missed ~ glad to hear you're keeping busy and still sharing your fabulous recipes.

35Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Empty Re: Jetfan's Egg Bread Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:54 pm

jetfan27

jetfan27

Thanks Beth. I miss you guys, too. I wanted to post some pics, but I have a Mac and it doesn't want to work.

36Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Empty Re: Jetfan's Egg Bread Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:37 pm

NormM

NormM

I tried the milk bread and we like it.  I have a mac and I post pictures by clicking on the icon above that looks like two pages overlapping.  When you hold the mouse over it, is shows "host an Image" When you click on it , it lets you drag and image to it, then click send all and when it is ready, you click insert all. This is Charlie's cat ten years ago.  He is twenty years old this year and I have not taken a picture of him today yet. Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Dscf1310

37Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Empty Re: Jetfan's Egg Bread Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:22 pm

jetfan27

jetfan27

Thank you so much, Norm. And I am glad you enjoy the bread. I make lots of things with the dough

38Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Empty Re: Jetfan's Egg Bread Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:26 pm

jetfan27

jetfan27

Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Img_0110
Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Img_0011
Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Img_0010

39Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Empty Re: Jetfan's Egg Bread Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:27 pm

jetfan27

jetfan27

Wow!!! It worked. Thanks Norm. These are some rolls, cinnamon rolls and bread I made with the Japanese milk dough

40Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Empty Re: Jetfan's Egg Bread Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:38 pm

NormM

NormM

They all look delicious.

41Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Empty Re: Jetfan's Egg Bread Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:10 pm

jetfan27

jetfan27

Thank you, Norm

42Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Empty Re: Jetfan's Egg Bread Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:05 pm

JanaAZ

omg, Beth, I must have missed the photo before. It looks so good.

43Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Empty Re: Jetfan's Egg Bread Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:24 pm

jetfan27

jetfan27

Wow!!!! Norm, that cat is 20???? He looks great!

44Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Empty Re: Jetfan's Egg Bread Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:13 pm

NormM

NormM

He was ten in that picture. Here he is yesterday.Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 20190616

45Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Empty Re: Jetfan's Egg Bread Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:44 pm

jetfan27

jetfan27

He still looks great!

46Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Empty Re: Jetfan's Egg Bread Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:04 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

NormM wrote:He was ten in that picture. Here he is yesterday.Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 20190616

He's showing his age a bit but man, he really looks good for 20!

What's his name, Norm?

Last edited by Crybaby on Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

47Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Empty Re: Jetfan's Egg Bread Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:06 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

jetfan27 wrote:Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Img_0110
Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Img_0011
Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Img_0010

Jetfan, your baked goods looked so pretty that they really deserved a re-run! Thanks for posting the recipe for all of us! cheers

48Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Empty Re: Jetfan's Egg Bread Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:49 pm

NormM

NormM

Michelle, his name is Biggs and he was a lot bigger than he is now.  I did not realize that I posted this here.  I should have not put it here under the bread topic.

49Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Empty Re: Jetfan's Egg Bread Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:34 pm

jetfan27

jetfan27

Thank you, Crybaby!

50Jetfan's Egg Bread - Page 2 Empty Re: Jetfan's Egg Bread Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:16 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Stephen, your baking never ceases to amaze me! I wish I had such talent! (in my dreams....)

But it's probably a good thing I don't make fresh bread. Dane would go crazy with the smell of fresh bread in the house since he doesn't eat many carbs. The only bread he eats is the store bought kind that has 45 or less calories per slice. Personally, I think it tastes like Styrofoam so I just do without completely. Once in a while I do pick up a couple bakery rolls ~ once in a blue moon.

But I absolutely love the look of your pics. Thanks for posting them!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum