Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate...

+3
UNCLE JIMMY
Barbara101
bethk
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 2 Leftover-Skirt-Steak-Scramble

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 2 8a62f3faee1a689531a9b7eedf11ccdf

bethk

bethk
Admin

that must have been one huge flank steak....lots of meals!

NormM

NormM

I skipped eating until lunch time. Then I had an egg, bacon and potato pancakes.

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 2 DSCN1143_zpse80e9850

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

Amazing, Norm! What a perfect mid-day repast.

Now I'm hungry for potato pancakes and brats......

bethk

bethk
Admin

I saw the last of the loaf of good bakery bread on the counter this morning when I poured my first cup of coffee and decided on the spot to use some for French toast before I cut the rest into cubes to make into homemade croutons.

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 2 Brkfst011414

I didn't realize it was going to be too filling to eat more than a slice and a half for my breakfast ~ dense and it really absorbed the vanilla custard. If I hadn't put butter & syrup on it on my plate I could have let the leftovers cool to reheat in the toaster oven for another day. Oh well, I also could have stuck it into my back pockets and wrapped my behind in Saran..... (that's where it's going to end up if I don't stop eating like this!)

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 2 DSCN8839

Old picture I found.I think I will post some that I have. I may have posted before but some I do not think I did IDK.

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 2 575750_540654279361368_2084914681_n

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 2 1000097_475876815839115_1049593767_n

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 2 941239_475874472506016_512870470_n

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 2 1012817_475877675839029_2054306216_n

bethk

bethk
Admin

OMG, Barb....O * M * G

I don't think you've shared those pics before. I'm pretty sure I would have remembered them! I can't remember what day of the week it is, as a rule, but FOOD, I don't forget often!

I had chopped my leftover NE boiled dinner with the intent to make a breakfast hash - and today was the day it came to be. It took a bit of waiting while the cast iron did it's thing to cook off the moisture and caramelize the sugars in the carrots & cabbage - and my house stinks to high heaven of the cabbage (Oh, but I do so want a VENTED range hood!) but it was really good by the time I got it on my plate.

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 2 Brkfst011814

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have a loaded photobucket.I am pretty sure I have lots of pics I either forgot to post or I may have lol.

That is funny about the cabbage. I made some fried kraut the other night with kielbasa.Then had 2 potato's that had things growing on them.So I fried them.

Then decided oh lets throw in some eggs.lol
It was not pretty let me tell you. Plus I don't recall ever eating kraut for breakfast either  January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 2 2876911673 

Barbara101

Barbara101

oh & I am fixin buttermilk pancakes this morning. Nothing fancy either.I have no fruit,I have no nuts.I need to go to store but the wind is blowing hard & it is 40ish.Even my girls did not want to go out.lol.I did turn on the heater, when I saw 52` I decided I might need to ..It is a balmy 62 ` now  Smile Razz 

bethk

bethk
Admin

hmmmm, sauerkraut for breakfast....

maybe on a grilled brat, tucked into a piece of toast. Sounds like a breakfast sandwich to me!

affraid 

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

waw.. lots of good and beautiful foods here..  lately I did not really cooked, mostly soups and some simple mixed breakfast and dinner

smoked salmon quesadilla.. pretty good

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 2 19

hash brown, Polish sausage and fried eggs

2 sunny side for him

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 2 DSCN0880

1 over well  with green chili sauce for me

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 2 DSCN0882

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda, we're TWINS! My hash was smoked sausage and had the leftover boiled potatoes (along with the other vegetables). But, really, almost an identical meal 2,000 miles apart!

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Imelda, we're TWINS!  My hash was smoked sausage and had the leftover boiled potatoes (along with the other vegetables).  But, really, almost an identical meal 2,000 miles apart!

I saw the fried eggs pictures and it got on my head for days, then I found 2 Polish sausage tucked in my freezer, and half bag of frozen hash brown.. so I finally made it.. I love it. but not sure want to eat eggs too often  Smile

bethk

bethk
Admin

I decided a cool morning needed a warm-in-the-belly breakfast.....oatmeal with dried fruit & pecans. I ended up putting it into a serving bowl because I always make too much and then when I add my milk and try to move my bowl (when I use a regular size cereal bowl) I end up slopping it all over the table or countertop. So, bring on the big bowl! LOL

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 2 Brkfst011914

bethk

bethk
Admin

Must be the rainy day that is making me crave food today....after a breakfast I usually don't bother with lunch....but I've been thinkin' about these hot dogs since yesterday. I saw a lonely sweet potato (I have to keep them in the refrigerator) so I decided to see if my pre-cook method works with those as well as with white potatoes when I want French fries. I peeled, julienned and baked my sweet potato at 375° for 10 minutes, just to dry out and soften a bit. Then, when I drop them into 365° peanut oil they don't pop and sputter all over.

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 2 Prebakespfries

The sweet potatoes didn't get particularly "crispy" but they did have a good taste. I did them in 2 batches and, wouldn't you know, I let the 2nd batch go just a bit too far trying to get them crunchy (experimenting all the time) and instead of crunchy they turned BLACK in a New York minute....whoops.

The hot dogs went out on the grill. The buns and sauerkraut got the chill taken off in the microwave.

Pretty good dogs, although I want to see if they carry the casing franks at our local Sam's Club as the "official web site" suggests. Probably in 25# packages.... I thought the flavor was like a mild Hebrew National or Nathan's, but the texture is a finer grind. Actually, reminded me a whole lot of the Dinner Bell brand I grew up with. Good smoke flavor without being overpowering, and not a "fake" smoke taste.

I'd do 'em again.

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 2 Lunch011914

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Must be the rainy day that is making me crave food today....after a breakfast I usually don't bother with lunch....but I've been thinkin' about these hot dogs since yesterday.  I saw a lonely sweet potato (I have to keep them in the refrigerator) so I decided to see if my pre-cook method works with those as well as with white potatoes when I want French fries.  I peeled, julienned and baked my sweet potato at 375° for 10 minutes, just to dry out and soften a bit.  Then, when I drop them into 365° peanut oil they don't pop and sputter all over.

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 2 Prebakespfries

The sweet potatoes didn't get particularly "crispy" but they did have a good taste.  I did them in 2 batches and, wouldn't you know, I let the 2nd batch go just a bit too far trying to get them crunchy (experimenting all the time) and instead of crunchy they turned BLACK in a New York minute....whoops.  

The hot dogs went out on the grill.  The buns and sauerkraut got the chill taken off in the microwave.

Pretty good dogs, although I want to see if they carry the casing franks at our local Sam's Club as the "official web site" suggests.  Probably in 25# packages....  I thought the flavor was like a mild Hebrew National or Nathan's, but the texture is a finer grind.  Actually, reminded me a whole lot of the Dinner Bell brand I grew up with.  Good smoke flavor without being overpowering, and not a "fake" smoke taste.

I'd do 'em again.

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 2 Lunch011914

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 2 3921676023 January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 2 266346835 January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 2 3593629538 

bethk

bethk
Admin

It's a brunch day...which translates into: Beth didn't eat breakfast and now it's too early for lunch so she'll just go get something and call it brunch.

I'm thinkin' some sausage gravy over a biscuit.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

A fried egg topped with cheese (yellow) and sausage patty on a toasted and well buttered English Muffin.

Inspiration to make it from....ta Taaaaa..... Imelda from her crispy edged fried eggs picture!

bethk

bethk
Admin

I decided to try Sunny Side Up eggs again, after many years of "gotta-cook-the-top" over easy.

Now I remember why I decided to flip 'em over. Even with a lid on the pan and a few drops of water to create steam, the white on top of the yolk wasn't done enough for me.

But it makes for a nice picture.....

LOL

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 2 Brkfst012114

Crybaby

Crybaby

Bethk wrote:I decided to try Sunny Side Up eggs again, after many years of "gotta-cook-the-top" over easy.

Now I remember why I decided to flip 'em over. Even with a lid on the pan and a few drops of water to create steam, the white on top of the yolk wasn't done enough for me.

I love sunny side up eggs. I cook them the entire three minutes with the top on (no water added). The whites come out cooked perfectly, as do the yolks. The yolks have a fine white color when finished but they're cooked just perfectly. Why don't you give it another try?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum