Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CHRISTMAS COOKIES

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CHRISTMAS COOKIES  Empty CHRISTMAS COOKIES Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:43 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Have anyone baked cookies for Christmas yet?

I started yesterday.. I baked some cheese cookies.. they taste so good.. crunchy.. I can't stop munching them.. they might be gone before Christmas if I don't put them away in containers ( I suppose to give them away as Christmas cookies for family and friend ).. I still have another batch of dough in my fridge.. I'm going to bake it Thursday.. today and tomorrow are shopping days ( well.. might be only a window shopping.. we'll see)
 Very Happy

CHRISTMAS COOKIES  28-3

2CHRISTMAS COOKIES  Empty Re: CHRISTMAS COOKIES Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:16 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

another favorite cookies for this holidays

Mexican Wedding Cookies ( in our country we call it Snow White cookies ).. I can't stop munching them.. I had to make a second batch as the first one was gone before the holiday  Laughing 

CHRISTMAS COOKIES  49-1

we also like to make ( fry ) peanuts to celebrate holidays, Christmas or Chinese New year

fried peanuts and cashew nuts with crispy garlic

CHRISTMAS COOKIES  51

3CHRISTMAS COOKIES  Empty Re: CHRISTMAS COOKIES Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:55 pm

JanaAZ

I did some, along with about 25 lbs of turtles. I used to make about 2500 cookies (and that was when I was working out of the house). This year I did maybe 5 or 600. Unfortunately they were brought to family when I had to go out of town and then 15 firefighters were chipping slash by my home. There went 3 dozen nut cups and 3 more dozen turtles. I just couldn't catch up.

Thank goodness I made salsa verde to give to folks, too.

4CHRISTMAS COOKIES  Empty Re: CHRISTMAS COOKIES Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:25 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I baked my childhood cookies.. using egg white only ( with butter, sugar and flour ) I have so much egg white in my fridge.. here are some Cat Tongue ( Katetong ) cookies... the shape looks like a cat tongue, right? but mine is a giant cat's tongue  Laughing ..  it's one of the holidays' cookies for celebrating holidays in Indonesia  

CHRISTMAS COOKIES  56

5CHRISTMAS COOKIES  Empty Re: CHRISTMAS COOKIES Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:53 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I keep thinking I'd really like to make some cut out cookies ~ I only make them at the holiday time and I absolutely love eating them, whether the kind with the sugar sprinkled on before baking or frosted after baked and cooled. But I'm the only one who would be here to eat them, and that's NOT a good thing with my lack of will power. Lawdy, but I might as well slap 'em on my rear end and wrap myself in Saran! lol

So, maybe I'll just think about years past and not temp myself with a big batch of something I should not have in reach.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum