Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ouch! Emergency room visit turns to surgery

+7
NormM
Bugster2
cookingirl
Crybaby
JanaAZ
bethk
LisaSD
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

cookingirl

cookingirl

yes, it is officially shingles.. Sad 

The pain is really bad... I am past the stage where the anti-virals would work. Plus my doctor said that they usually do not help.
I was prescribed neurotin ...
Insurance companies will not pay for the vaccine until age 60. I am 59.. I wanted it.. Arrow 
anyone have any tips for handling the pain?
thanks

Crybaby

Crybaby

cookingirl wrote:yes, it is officially shingles.. Sad 

The pain is really bad... I am past the stage where the anti-virals would work. Plus my doctor said that they usually do not help.
I was prescribed neurotin ...
Insurance companies will not pay for the vaccine until age 60. I am 59.. I wanted it.. Arrow 
anyone have any tips for handling the pain?
thanks

I took a couple of Vicodins when I was really losing my mind and though they didn't erase the pain, Vicodin seemed to help a bit. I'd suggest using something that makes you extremely sleepy, as it's usually the only way you're completely pain free. I have a very high tolerance for pain pills so I guess I'm not a good example of what works for most people. If I'd have had access to Xanax, I'd have tried those, too.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum