Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

picked up some fresh greens today

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1picked up some fresh greens today Empty picked up some fresh greens today Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:03 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

lol however it is to warm to hang them up outside.75` & 80` .

got 2 swags & a big wreath for the door.It sure isn't winter here.

2picked up some fresh greens today Empty Re: picked up some fresh greens today Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:02 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:lol however it is to warm to hang them up outside.75` & 80` .

got 2 swags & a big wreath for the door.It sure isn't winter here.
It has warmed up in N.O. this week (mid 70s) but it was heaven for me last week -- lows in the mid to high 30s and highs in the high 40s and low 50s. I had my gas fireplace on in the living room, which I love. And it's so nice not to have to cook Thanksgiving dinner with the air conditioner on!

I think it's going to get cooler next week. Brian hates the cold. He'd be fine with it being in the 80s all the time. You'd never guess he's originally from New England!

3picked up some fresh greens today Empty Re: picked up some fresh greens today Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:21 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I do love my electric bill Very Happy $48.50.cheers 

I like really cool weather. Not cold.I have lived here going on 10 yrs & have yet had a fire in the fireplace.

80` on thursday & friday. I got tired of taking the stand fan back & forth so I just left it out & will most likely have it on.

I have not even put a quilt on the bed yet.Not cold enough..

4picked up some fresh greens today Empty Re: picked up some fresh greens today Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:31 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane just installed a new thermostat to replace the "push the lever" original one on the wall - got a Honeywell digital one that's suppose to automatically switch from heat, when needed (like under 65°), to air conditioning (like over 78°).

He's been messin' with the settings and managed to get the fan to be on all night even though it was set to "auto" ~ there he sits, reading over the instruction sheet yet again. I hope he gets it figured out and set because I'm clueless with that stuff. He usually figures out stuff like that and then shows me, step by step, until I understand. Visual learner, that's what I am.

5picked up some fresh greens today Empty Re: picked up some fresh greens today Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:41 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:I do love my electric bill Very Happy $48.50.cheers 

I like really cool weather. Not cold.I have lived here going on 10 yrs & have yet had a fire in the fireplace.

80` on thursday & friday. I got tired of taking the stand fan back & forth so I just left it out & will most likely have it on.

I have not even put a quilt on the bed yet.Not cold enough..
I know what you mean, Barb -- ours came yesterday and it was $52! Yeahhhh!

Brian has already had the down comforter on the bed (for him, not for me) but we rarely use heat in the house. We haven't had to turn the AC on yet since it warmed up and I'm hoping it will get cold again so we don't have to.

6picked up some fresh greens today Empty Re: picked up some fresh greens today Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:02 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Bethk wrote:
Dane just installed a new thermostat to replace the "push the lever" original one on the wall - got a Honeywell digital one that's suppose to automatically switch from heat, when needed (like under 65°), to air conditioning (like over 78°).

I had to laugh, Beth, as we don't turn heat on until it's in the 50s in the house. When Brian's sister and her husband lived in Winter Park, Florida, we visited once for Christmas many years ago. We took coats, as it was unbelievably cold in N.O. when we left for the airport -- in the teens, which I've only seen a couple times in my life. I figured it had to be cold in Florida, too, and I was right. We laughed, though, as they'd never turned the heater on in their rental home so they weren't sure it was going to work. We also went to Disneyworld while we were there, and we seemed to be the only ones who had coats on -- no one had brought them and everyone kept coming up to us and asking us where we got the coats! It was cute, though, as lots of people had their kids' pajamas on under their clothes and jackets -- you could see them all peeking out.

I should add that Brian and I are probably the only people on the face of the earth who didn't like Disneyworld. It probably helped that the darn place was so crowded -- it had reached "maximum capacity" and the only reason we were allowed in was because we already had passes. We should've turned around and gone back home. We were stunned to find out (maybe it has changed now) that there weren't any water fountains in Disneyworld -- nothing free there, not even a sip of water. We were dying of thirst and finally found the line wasn't too long to enter a beer garden type of place. We almost died when we got in and found it was communal seating at about tables of six. Once we sat down, I looked at the menu and immediately saw the only thing Brian would eat was tuna salad. Then the old geezer next to me (I was in my mid to late 20s) said at the top of his lungs, "Now, young lady, don't you be grabbing my thigh or doing anything under this table." If looks could've killed, he would've been dead immediately. I looked at Brian (he was ACROSS the table from me) and we quickly connected our eyes and a subtle head shake, and we got up and left.

It wasn't a pleasant experience at all. When we got back to my in-laws' house, they said they didn't like Disneyworld either. When we asked why they hadn't told us and instead encouraged us to go, they said they'd found out that if you lived near Orlando, you learned not to say anything bad about Disneyworld.

7picked up some fresh greens today Empty Re: picked up some fresh greens today Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:16 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I should add that Brian and I are probably the only people on the face of the earth who didn't like Disneyworld.

Count me in..hate it. Also Disneyland. My DS loves loves loves DL.He even has a pass of some sort goes all the time .He is moving in 2 weeks to the east coast Delaware of all places WTH?? anyway I bet he goes to DW soon .

8picked up some fresh greens today Empty Re: picked up some fresh greens today Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:Count me in..hate it. Also Disneyland. My DS loves loves loves DL.He even has a pass of some sort goes all the time .He is moving in 2 weeks to the east coast Delaware of all places WTH?? anyway I bet he goes to DW soon .
One of my half-sister's sons loves it as well. They have a condo there and they go twice and even three times a year!

I put my foot in my mouth (no strange thing for me) years ago when a bunch of us at work were outside smoking and I told them I read the wedding announcements in the paper and would laugh at the people who took their honeymoon in Disneyworld. Naturally, a woman who worked near my office said, "We went to Disneyworld for our honeymoon!" I sort of stumbled around verbally for a while and then added, "I don't know, Judy, but it just doesn't strike me as very romantic." I think I made a hasty exit around then...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum