Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I picked Up a Juice Cap ( Laughing Crazily )

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I was out on the deck unloading the recyclables from the dual container we keep on the deck. I was furious when I saw bottles with Caps on them. It had been at least 100 times that I said,"Please, No Caps on the Bottles!" The recycler can refuse them.
I took the cap off one particular diet juice drink. (Not Mine )

Inside the large cap it said: President William Taft weighed over 300 Pounds, and Once Got Stuck In The Whitehouse Bathtub. OMG I almost peed my pants from laughing.

I know I would play heck getting out of a tub if I ever took a Bath.
I stopped baths since I was like 13. Couldn't stand the dirty water cling to my body.
The upstairs tub was the claw foot tub and was a 6 footer. Gret for soaking, but No Shower.
We had one of those hoses with the watering can type head on it, and one would have to slide it over the spout to connect it. I was great if it continued to stay on without blowing off!
Everything was a pain, but we survived

When you were done rinsing off, God forbid you didn't take off the hose and sprayer, and drain it out and roll it up nice, and curl it on the tub fill spout!
Mom was really fussy about bathroom stuff. The soap had to be in the soap dish so it wouldn't get jellylike!

I'll never forget that real wooden toilet seat. It had a crack in the darn thing, and it would pinch the cheek once in a while. It had brass hinges, and was varnished once a year to make it like new again. Poor Us!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Seriously? How do you get stuck in a bathtub???

I mean, maybe once you hit the bottom you cannot stand up without assistance, but, STUCK ? Not possible to my way of thinking. It would be terribly embarrassing to require help to get out, however. But isn't the Secret Service suppose to keep a secret?

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Seriously?  How do you get stuck in a bathtub???

I mean, maybe once you hit the bottom you cannot stand up without assistance, but, STUCK ?   Not possible to my way of thinking.  It would be terribly embarrassing to require help to get out, however.  But isn't the Secret Service suppose to keep a secret?

I thought about the same thing Beth!
Maybe it should have stated. He was too heavy to pull himself out of the tub!
Then again, if it were a pear shape, there would be a tremendous suction of fat against porcelain.
Like an octopus!

Darn...if he made a bathtub bubble fart...there would no way for the bubble to come out.
God Love the rescue team that got him out! ..... poor Thing!Neutral 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy, thank goodness you live in NJ.....if we lived closer together we would get together on a regular basis for our morning coffee and you just made me snort coffee out my nose with laughter !!!

(And that's NOT funny !)

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Oh! Geeze! That would be a riot! ... At least the nasal passages would be cleaned! ...

Thinking and speaking about bottle caps. It's like a thing with me. I always look inside the caps of like anything, to see if there is a prize etc.! LOL
Remenber years ago, the soda pop company's used to have a game or a winning number inside the cap? I remember the local bread company put a like post it note size paper at the end of the bread with a chance to win a $1.00, or a free loaf of bread if you got the winning ticket.

I remember Royal Crown Cola had a game "Bingo". If you got the caps to spell B I N G O , you would win a free case of 12 soda's in Quart size. . My brother and I couldn't wait to open the next sodapop to see if we won. Heck, we were even pouring the soda in the Dogs Water Bowl to hurry up to get to the next bottle cap.

I remember Mallo Cups ( OOoooo SOoooo Gooood) They had a game to add up 200 points, with the amount printed on the little cardboard that the mallo cup sat on in the wrapper.
I'll never forget, I opened one, and it said 200, Instant Winner on the cardboard ticket. WOW!
Mom filled out the address and info to Boyer Candy Company, and three weeks or so later, we got a whole box of 12 mallow cups free.
Every day brother and I would look for the mailman to bring that darn candy.

That's why it is a habit to look under the bottle caps for me anyway! LOL

Ceee

That's true about Taft I picked Up a Juice Cap ( Laughing Crazily ) 2876911673  I've heard it too many times from too many history professors to not believe. I don't really get it either though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum