Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review!

+3
Bugster2
Barbara101
bethk
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

bethk

bethk
Admin

Whoa! Who stole time and left us all at the end of the year in December? Time has just flown by this year, that's for sure.

This morning I made asparagus/cream cheese omelettes for Mr. Amazing and me. (Mine gets topped with a bit of taco sauce because I just like it to season up the eggs.)

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! Brkfst120113

Barbara101

Barbara101

looks good. I have been online for hours so totally skipped eating lol I will have lunch tho.

Bugster2

Bugster2

We had my DH's version of eggs benedict. Toasted buttered English muffin, a slice of American cheese, a slice of ham warmed in bacon grease, bacon, a fried egg, all topped with hollandaise. A belly bomb to be sure.

bethk

bethk
Admin

But if you only have it once in a while, Bugster, then there's no problem. I'll bet a lot of people would sit down at your table if that's what you offered!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Easy Peasy.....

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! 102113brkfst

Crybaby

Crybaby

Bethk wrote:This morning I made asparagus/cream cheese omelettes for Mr. Amazing and me. (Mine gets topped with a bit of taco sauce because I just like it to season up the eggs.)
Mine would be covered with Tabasco -- I can't eat eggs without Tabasco. I've even got Brian doing it now...

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Beth.. breakfast looks good.. I'm with Crybaby though.. I need Tabasco or my chili sauce on my eggs Laughing 

my breakfast today is.. a big piece of my homemade Brioche and 1/2 cup of coffee/cream.. my first ever brioche ( I still can't pronounce it right Laughing )

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! 44

I baked it in a loaf pan, not in muffin tins

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! 42

Crybaby

Crybaby

Imelda, it doesn't matter if you can't pronounce Brioche -- it still looks beautiful!

Barbara101

Barbara101

that bread looks wonderful.Looks like the crust is nice & soft.I need to get another breadmachine. I miss making bread. $4.50 for a loaf Evil or Very Mad 

Crybaby

Crybaby

I stopped using the breadmaker regularly when we both lost weight.

I don't know how you guys eat all the bread, cake, and other stuff without being 300 lbs., which is what Brian and I would be if we ate all that!

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

thank you Crybaby and Barbara Very Happy 

Barbara.. Did you check your Goodwill stores? the other day I saw 2 big, still shiny and clean ( looked unused ) bread machines in the store.. I have my regret that I did not get one..only $15 and extra 20% off that day.. Crying or Very sad 

I don't eat much bread, but my DH loves eating breads.. to make it worst.. he likes to slather load of butter on his breads.. this Brioche already has lots of butter but he still needs more butter on it
Shocked 

Barbara101

Barbara101

Crybaby wrote:I stopped using the breadmaker regularly when we both lost weight.

I don't know how you guys eat all the bread, cake, and other stuff without being 300 lbs., which is what Brian and I would be if we ate all that!  

hehehhe I have a small bite or small slice,taste.I don't eat the whole thing like I used to December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! 1838020472 

Bugster2

Bugster2

Sort of sounds like me. I would rather have one bite of the best ice cream than a whole carton of the cheap stuff.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had a second loaf in a package of 2 store made French Bread that is about 3 days old....not at it's freshest, that's for sure. So, why not make it into French Toast? Surprisingly, Mr. Amazing decided to have seconds ~ usually breakfast isn't breakfast for him unless it involves lots of eggs, and I didn't make any extra eggs to go with his breakfast.

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! Brkfst120313

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda HL wrote:Beth.. breakfast looks good.. I'm with Crybaby though.. I need Tabasco or my chili sauce on my eggs Laughing 

my breakfast today is.. a big piece of my homemade Brioche and 1/2 cup of coffee/cream.. my first ever brioche ( I still can't pronounce it right Laughing )

I baked it in a loaf pan, not in muffin tins

Imelda - you have "the touch" with that bread ! I do so hope Jetfan sees it as he'll be proud of you as well ! I can almost TASTE and SMELL the aroma coming from your warm bread.

Absolutely beautiful !!

Barbara101

Barbara101

I was thinking this morning about Imelda's bread she made, that would be great French toast.When I go to walM I always buy that off bread they have racked up. It goes right in my freezer ..I make croutons & french toast.

I thought about waffles this morning. Nah. Thought about making buttermilk biscuits & sausage gravy.Nah.

It is late for me to eat breakfast so I will hold off till lunch.Bacon,tom,lettuce sandwich sounds good.

bethk

bethk
Admin

BLT's ALWAYS sound good.  But I'm kind of hungry for those romaine lettuce wrap ones I made when we were "carb free" ~ man, those were so good and I never missed the bread one bit.

(I'm sure it was the Miracle Whip that I slathered on first, for sure!)

Here's a pic of the ones with avocado....so, SO good!

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! 052113

Crybaby

Crybaby

Bethk wrote:I had a second loaf in a package of 2 store made French Bread that is about 3 days old....not at it's freshest, that's for sure. So, why not make it into French Toast? Surprisingly, Mr. Amazing decided to have seconds ~ usually breakfast isn't breakfast for him unless it involves lots of eggs, and I didn't make any extra eggs to go with his breakfast.
French bread makes super French toast -- as would Imelda's Brioche and also Challah. And nothing tastes better with French toast than bacon!

Crybaby

Crybaby

Bethk wrote:BLT's ALWAYS sound good.  But I'm kind of hungry for those romaine lettuce wrap ones I made when we were "carb free" ~ man, those were so good and I never missed the bread one bit.
Mmmm, those look delicious, Beth. Brian would probably faint if I served him that without the bread but it's right up my alley!

I'm watching The Today Show and just saw where a woman was on who used avocado in brownies instead of oil or fat -- the tasters said they couldn't taste the difference.  She also used yeast on top of popcorn instead of cheese and Al Roker said, "Interesting," and then made a face to the camera.  I had to laugh, as he said, "I prefer my yeast in bread."

Barbara101

Barbara101

when it is safe to go to wal mart I am going to buy another air popcorn popper.I used it so much that thing died.
I make all sorts of flavored popcorn. Last yr I made caramel corn OMG>>December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! 3593629538 December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! 2599281016 

bethk

bethk
Admin

You just reminded me of a great holiday treat, Barb.

I've not had much luck the last few times I've made my mom's favorite caramel corn recipe ~ no matter how I try to be sure there are no hard kernels or seeds in the corn I always have at least one. A couple years ago I cracked a tooth and that's when I gave it up.

Then I discovered you can make the same recipe and use that "hull-less popcorn" you buy at the grocery store, much like cheese curls without the cheese coating. Plain, it tastes much like Styrofoam... Anyway, use that instead of popcorn and you won't take the chance of biting down on a kernel and ending up your week at the dentist for repairs.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I fixed a late breakfast this morning, Mr. Amazing's favorite:

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! Brkfst120513

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane mentioned he was getting a little hungry so I had to come up with something for lunch. I don't know why but Spanish Rice came to mind, and I just happened to have a zip bag in the freezer.

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! Lunch120513

Dane took apart the old looking green patio table and painted it to match the chairs I picked up. Now we have a "new" dining set on the lanai....I'm pleased!

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! Newtable

Barbara101

Barbara101

lol that looks great. LMAO about the spanish rice. I thought about it all day.

Could not see it going with bacon wrapped chicken.

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:lol that looks great. LMAO about the spanish rice. I thought about it all day.

Could not see it going with bacon wrapped chicken.
I laughed about the Spanish rice, too!

We're going to have your smoked boneless chicken thighs today, Barb, wrapped in bacon. I've decided to marinate the chicken in a citrus/fresh herb mix prior to wrapping in bacon and smoking. Last time we used Mad Hunkey and they were yummy but we have so many fresh herbs and lots of oranges, lemons and limes so we decided to try something different. Will let you kow how it turns out. We did indeed love those and I've passed on your idea to a few peeps as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum