Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review!

+3
Bugster2
Barbara101
bethk
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

bethk

bethk
Admin

Nothin' finer to make the house smell fabulous!

I'll bet the girls are nippin' at your ankles....

Barbara101

Barbara101

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 3 1497690_10151892672308731_188928717_n

yes & they do not get bacon or bacon grease. No 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, but if ONLY their legs were as long as Huckleberry's.....there would be no question on if they were not allowed bacon.....too cute!

I've been hungry for chicken salad for over a week ~ and today is the day! Dressing has curry and dill and I added some slivered almonds because when I opened the freezer the package dropped out as a reminder it was there.

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 3 Lunch121713

bethk

bethk
Admin

Poor pic (out of focus) but one of my favorite breakfasts....

Spinach/Caramelized Onion/Cream Cheese omelette w/taco sauce

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 3 Brkfst121813

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Beth.. copy cat  December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 3 3602300868 

for him

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 3 DSCN9830

here is mine.. coffee with milk and Snow ball cookies ( Mexican wedding cookies)

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 3 48

bethk

bethk
Admin

Snowball cookies !!!! For breakfast ~ boy, isn't it great being an adult and not having a Mom tell you no cookies for breakfast? LOL

Barbara101

Barbara101

If I can get up from under Ms Cat, 2 puppers on my lap, Laptop, I would like some pancakes.

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 3 635107192 

Barbara101

Barbara101

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 3 Fluffykefirpancakes400

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'd want those wrapped around some link sausages.....yum!

bethk

bethk
Admin

seems like the only meal I'm cooking lately is my breakfast.....same old ~ same old:

Eggs on spinach w/caramelized onions, supreme orange and toast. I do like my greens for breakfast!

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 3 Brkfst122013

bethk

bethk
Admin

I ended up with a plate of sausage gravy on biscuits....you've seen that one before.

I should be good until supper now.

Barbara101

Barbara101

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 3 0e15c5b8976a2340fba692e736a1f1b0

add pecans.. warm Sf syrup with cinn. side of applewood bacon.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ohhhh, I love pecans heated in my syrup or cooked in with the waffle batter. Can't go wrong with bacon!

I ended up with a couple soft boiled eggs and toast for breakfast....no lunch.

LisaSD

LisaSD

I bought the double-sided Waring Pro waffle maker at the store and LOVE IT! Now we can both have hot waffles at the SAME TIME! Cooks evenly and accurately. Highly recommend it!

Barbara101

Barbara101

waring pro to rich for me lol

I got my cuisinart free from Cooking.com.fast, makes great waffles .IF I have a good batter ..Found out I do like corncake waffles.Plus those ready made mix are not so good either jmo..
I make the boys when they want to come over,a cake mix batter waffles they love those.Lemon or carrot cake or chocolate. cheers 

Barbara101

Barbara101

the best waffle maker that I have had was a GE.Not made anymore. I was so sad when it stopped working & that was just 2yrs ago.Gosh that thing was great.almost 30years of use.Got my moneys worth out of it.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've got an ancient Sunbeam single waffle maker....got it for a wedding shower gift.

Gosh, it's almost 45 years old....does that make it an antique?

bethk

bethk
Admin

I just love the sharing of pics! It always makes me want the same thing.....

so, I'm a copy-cat! (thanks, Barb)

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 3 Brkfst122713

Barbara101

Barbara101

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 3 ClassicOmelet4

beth that waffle looks so good .I think I need to make that again December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 3 3267860543

leftover clean out the fridge omelet..I left out the half cabbage tho lol

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had the last of my Faux Zuppa Toscana Soup (potato/sausage/kale) for my lunch. And as it was heating up I decided to start soaking some beans to make a bean/sausage/kale soup tomorrow.

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 3 ZuppaToscanaSoup

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I've got an ancient Sunbeam single waffle maker....got it for a wedding shower gift.

Gosh, it's almost 45 years old....does that make it an antique?

Yep! It's antique!!
I'll bet it makes awesome waffles?

The new ones have teflon coating. We have a Waring fairly new Belgian waffle maker. It has the black non stick coating though.

We have a GE from when we got married in 1966. That is a great one, and the thing has no coating. It makes 4 rectangular waffles at once. like 5 inches by 2-1/2 inches.

Then my ultimate one, is from "1944" .....wow! My Age of 69 years old.
It's a Toastmaster double side by side 7 inch round waffler. A commercial one that weighs a ton to carry it from the closet to the counter.
It's a great machine; with the dial heat settings marked as A B C D E; with E being the hottest.

Would you believe that Tina does not like crispy waffles. She likes them light browned and limp and rubbery. I cannot imagine eating rubbery waffles. haaaaa

Crybaby

Crybaby

Uncle Jimmy wrote:The new ones have teflon coating. We have a Waring fairly new Belgian waffle maker. It has the black non stick coating though.

I remember when I was a teen and the non-stick spray Pam came out (or it came to New Orleans, a relatively small market where we get everything last). I suggested to my Dad, the waffle maker in our house, that he might use it on the waffle iron (remember how the first waffle always stuck?). I remember the first batch of waffles he made with Pam and him grabbing my head, kissing me and hugging me and telling me I was a genius.

We also weren't so smart when we tried Pam on the old metal ice trays -- the ice came out really easily but you got that nice blob of oily stuff on the top of your drink. That was only tried once...

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I did not post much, but I followed the conversations and enjoyed the food pictures.. here is a quick post for today.. I've been busy with my sis' visit  Laughing 

breakfast today.. JD maple flavor sausage, eggs and cheese quesadilla.. I made 3 pieces and all were gone fast
 Laughing 

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 3 68

bethk

bethk
Admin

Like we say, it always tastes best when someone else makes it!

Barbara101

Barbara101

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 3 User54442_pic5643_1379001985

funny how you just have to have a couple dogs.. December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 3 266346835 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum