Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread.

+3
thesweetestpea
bethk
Barbara101
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:12 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

thesweetestpea wrote:Now I'm getting hungry for brekkie!!!  Beth and Barb, you are so good to yourselves.  I usually won't fix something nice just for me.  Those eggs you both fixed up are beautiful.
But, Pea, when we fix nice things just for us we have very appreciative diners! I've never found myself wishing for something different when I went to the trouble to make what I want ~ I don't complain and I don't sit at the table pushing my food around on my plate, complaining "I'm not hungry, or, I don't like this" like I use to hear when my children were young.

Besides, it's fun to make an attractive plate just so you can go back and look at your photos later when you need inspiration for another meal.

27NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:15 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 555832_10151860479034496_944930796_n

breakfast aka leftovers in the fridge.

28NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:45 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Today was the community monthly breakfast so I went to the country club to have breakfast. It's a nice way to stay connected to the neighbors and see who's returned from their summer residences as well as get caught up with everyone else.

29NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:45 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 DSC_0020_thumb2

Corn meal pancakes. From CC recipe I saw yesterday.Good but I see little difference in the ones I have made before.

30NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:00 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:

Corn meal pancakes. From CC recipe I saw yesterday.Good but I see little difference in the ones I have made before.
They look light and fluffy, Barb. I think the last ones I made were more like Johnny Cakes or Hoe Cakes, too much corn meal for me and much more dense.

I made YOUR favorite breakfast today, well, brunch really since it was later than usual.

Soft boiled eggs on braised kale w/bacon, onions & red pepper flakes. Had some toast to dip into the yolk, coffee and some tangerine juice I picked up at the grower's farm stand....I had to thin the juice out with water, it was SO "juice-y".

(and I'm just kidding about you liking the braised kale, Barb ! Hahahahahaha)

NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Brkfst111013

31NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:28 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/karin-kasdin/kale-haters_b_4171383.html?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl2|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D402666

LMBO/ she got lots of bad remarks but I can relate lol I am done trying to like kale & other bitter greens.

but your eggs look NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 4137497845 

32NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:44 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

http://www.cookscountry.com/recipes/7046-fluffy-cornmeal-pancakes?incode=MKSKZ00L0

hope this works. that site always blocks stuff so you have to join.

33NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:44 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

OMG, that is SO funny! But the reason they still market all that kale is people like me who LIKE IT.

But if you and I lived next door to one another and decided to be in a snit, I'd make a big bowl of braised kale for you and you would pelt me with chunks of cheese from across the fence line! Hahahaha!

34NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:49 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

when I read it ,I thought about sheldon from big bang,he went on a diet of greens.he thought he had some great big death thing going on & wanted to go to the hospital.then he farted & farted for days after that.OMG I laughed so hard.

35NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:49 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:http://www.cookscountry.com/recipes/7046-fluffy-cornmeal-pancakes?incode=MKSKZ00L0

hope this works. that site always blocks stuff so you have to join.
Nope - only if you go to cookscountry.com can you see any of their very current recipes. If you think you might like to try them, copy when you see them because if you return, chances are, they will require you to become a "member".

36NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:52 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

did you scroll down to watch video? it is on my page.if not I can find the recipe.I made them & they are good. easy.

37NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:01 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I won't be making them....most probably.

If I do pancakes I usually am making them for the grandkids. I just use the mix you only have to add water to so I can put it in a squeeze bottle and spell out their name on the griddle.

I know, "you use the store bought mix????"

Yeah, I do.

LOL

38NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:07 pm

NormM

NormM

Barbara101 wrote:

But CC ALWAYS has the BEST recipes, don't they? At least they say theirs are better than anyone elses.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

39NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:34 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

NormM wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:

But CC ALWAYS has the BEST recipes, don't they?  At least they say theirs are better than anyone elses.
lol no they sure are not.I think they add to much extra ingredients when it is not called for.
It is like Martha Stewart,it looks good when she does it.lol Most of her recipes are Fails.....

40NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:41 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I know, "you use the store bought mix????"

not usually.I don't buy it.I make from scratch,flour /grains etc.Boys have not been here for breakfast in a while so any batter I had ,,,went..I do have the dry mixes I made up in the fridge.lasts along time. Just takes up space.

However I did buy at Big Lots a few bags of Bobs Red Mill.50% off.I have not had anything with grains in so long,& when I made them (pancakes) sooooooooooooooo good.

41NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:48 pm

NormM

NormM

I think Martha's secretaries think they can make a recipe better but adding snooty stuff when they type it up and end up messing it up. Also her recipes seem scaled for a huge crowd.

Once Martha published a recipe for chocolate cookies that said to use Dutch cocoa but it turned out that it needed regular chocolate. Dutch cocoa made the recipe fail

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

42NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:40 pm

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

Ran across this link on Kitchen Daily for their Breakfast/Brunch recipes. Some of them look very good and some of them seem contrived to fit the current foodie trends. Gorgeous pictures.

http://www.kitchendaily.com/tag/breakfast-brunch

43NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:43 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Wwwpinterestcom-1

cornmeal waffles with fried apples.

44NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:45 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

thesweetestpea wrote:Ran across this link on Kitchen Daily for their Breakfast/Brunch recipes.  Some of them look very good and some of them seem contrived to fit the current foodie trends.  Gorgeous pictures.

http://www.kitchendaily.com/tag/breakfast-brunch

Boy am I in trouble now..NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 3593629538 great site..thank you for posting..

45NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:53 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Nice breakfast, Barb! I like the apples much better with my waffles than I do the chicken that is touted so often.

I ended up with a couple pieces of cinnamon toast and coffee this morning.

46NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Barbara.. I stole your idea for my DH's brunch today.. but I used bread.. I sprayed my nonstick pan with cooking spray and toast my bread and tomato.. when they got heated I added my cheese to melt a bit... then I fried my eggs.. perfect sunny side up to top on them.. sprinkled with chili flakes and fresh ground colorful peppercorn on top.. he was a happy camper Cool 

NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 6

47NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Your egg "sandwich" looks scrumptious, Imelda!

48NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:44 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hey, Imelda, I can see DH's egg is with a runny yolk....bet yours was cooked through, huh?

(I remember you saying you prefer eggs cooked all the way.....)

But I'll just bet DH is super happy to have you there to cook his meals for him after being gone for over a month.  I think I can hear him smiling ~ Laughing

49NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:27 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I finished up the braised kale under some scrambled eggs this morning....oh, and another glass of that yummy tangerine juice. I keep having to add just a little more water to thin it out because it's so concentrated tasting, although it's "fresh squeezed" and not processed (from the grower).

NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Brkfst111213

50NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:22 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

NOVEMBER...Breakfast & Lunch Thread. - Page 2 IMG_3481

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum