Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cookie sheet testing

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cookie sheet testing Empty Cookie sheet testing Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:58 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I was bored and curious, so I decided to pull out all of my cookie sheets and tested them with some cookie dough I had in the freezer. I also tried some with parchment paper and one with a silicone mat.
The cookie sheets I used were:
USA pans silicone coated
Chicago Metallic nonstick
Doughmakers aluminum
Nordicware shiny

The cookies were too dark on the bottom with the USA pan and Chicago Metallic.
The silicone mat also produced a cookie with a dark bottom.
The Nordicware and Doughmakers made a lighter bottomed cookie but the best results were using these two sheets with parchment paper. A nice golden brown.

2Cookie sheet testing Empty Re: Cookie sheet testing Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:07 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Thanks for the info, B.

3Cookie sheet testing Empty Re: Cookie sheet testing Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:57 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

99% of my baking is done on the aluminum half sheet or quarter sheet pans - with parchment paper. I got tired of having an assortment of cookie sheets that didn't fit inside one another so I just got rid of everything but my aluminum sheet pans. And as soon as I can find some 1/8 sheet pans (half the size of the quarter sheet pans) I'm gonna buy me 4 of those because that's the size I need to fit in my toaster oven.

4Cookie sheet testing Empty Re: Cookie sheet testing Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:14 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

bethk wrote:99% of my baking is done on the aluminum half sheet or quarter sheet pans - with parchment paper.  I got tired of having an assortment of cookie sheets that didn't fit inside one another so I just got rid of everything but my aluminum sheet pans.  And as soon as I can find some 1/8 sheet pans (half the size of the quarter sheet pans) I'm gonna buy me 4 of those because that's the size I need to fit in my toaster oven.
Are you talking about a jelly roll type pan or a cookie sheet? I have a nonstick cookie sheet by Chicago Metallic that fits inside my toaster oven. They make a set of nonstick pans for the toaster. It comes with a rectangle pan with a rack, a 6 cupcake pan, and a small sheet type pan. I have what may be an aluminum 1/8 jelly roll type pan I got at a restaurant supply. It measures about 9 by 5 across the bottom and 6 by 10 across the top. If you can find them and want me to see if they have more, I will be glad to find out.

5Cookie sheet testing Empty Re: Cookie sheet testing Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:51 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yes, Bugster, those are the ones I use. But I'm going to be in Ohio in a couple weeks and I know where to get them. Thanks so much for the offer, but I've got it covered.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum