Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ???

+2
Barbara101
bethk
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:I think I learned to do that from Julia.  From Jacques, I learned that it is OK if it gets browned sometimes.
Here's one of my favorite videos ~ it looks so totally effortless. Of course, my VERY favorite is the one of him earlier in his PBS days when he de-bones the chicken in about 45 seconds....

http://www.nytimes.com/video/dining/100000001116746/jacques-pepin-makes-an-omelet-.html

Barbara101

Barbara101

October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 3 1383303_527378864022243_362320398_n

got up at 5am omelet. silent 

bethk

bethk
Admin

did you end up having lunch at 9:00 a.m. ??? Nice looking omelet, even with that yellow cheese oozing out all over.....but, hey, it's just that much more protein!

I just did Norm's usual, but added a sausage patty. I guess there was a good amount of browning on the sausage (I have to be sure it's done or I can't eat it....) so, of course, my eggs stuck in the pan a bit ~ even with a nonstick. But, not bad enough I didn't eat!

October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 3 Brkfst101713

NormM

NormM

I watched the Jaques video and made one with green onions and parsley this morning. It would have been better if I had remembered to add salt. The one I saw him make before was two omelettes. One was Classic French and the other one he called Country French.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Barbara101

Barbara101

October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 3 521965_406734782753319_1455014979_n

bethk

bethk
Admin

OMG ~ ~ That is A*M*A*Z*I*N*G !!!!

October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 3 4137497845 

bethk

bethk
Admin

I, too, had eggs for breakfast, Barb. Just not as impressive as YOURS.....

October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 3 Brkfst101813

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:I watched the Jaques video and made one with green onions and parsley this morning. It would have been better if I had remembered to add salt.  The one I saw him make before was two omelettes. One was Classic French and the other one he called Country French.
When he made the herb omelette and referred to "fines herbs" I knew the flavor from my Penzey purchased Parisien Bonnes Herbes dried herbs - a combination of chives, dill weed, basil, French tarragon, chervil & white pepper. I think the traditional "fines herbs" is a combination of FRESH Parsley, Chives, Tarragon & Chervil. So I tried to grow my own and it's well worth the effort. The chervil I had some difficulty with, it kept dying off on me. But I had parsley, chives & tarragon that returned year after year.

The combination of those fresh herbs (and salt) in the simple eggs was delicious ~ and definitely worth the little extra effort to chop it up.

Barbara101

Barbara101

October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 3 3602300868 October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 3 1628686546 we sure love our breakfast around here.

I took out NYS yesterday from the freezer,then got some chuck eyes on great sale yesterday so I have loads of steak.Not to be hog I saved some off that plate for lunch.geek 

Yours looks so good..cheers 

bethk

bethk
Admin

That's 'cause when we wake up our first thoughts go to FOOD !!!  lol! 

When I was eating my breakfast I had the TV on and it was the Rachael Ray Show, not something I normally watch.  But Daniel Boulaud was a guest chef and he did a demo on Vinegar Chicken - something I've made and know is delicious.  I don't know if it is his accent or his skill in teaching something as simple as cutting your own chicken, but he certainly reminds me of "my man, Jacques".  If he wasn't so young I could have a huge crush on HIM, too!

October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 3 1838020472   (what a terrible old woman I am....but, to my credit, I do not act on my crushes, just fantasize on what they might cook for me)

Barbara101

Barbara101

October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 3 Breakfast-Quesadillas-09_mini

bethk

bethk
Admin

breakfast taco?

it's not a burrito.....it's not a quesadilla......

but a good idea - I love those flour tortillas ~ never thought about puttin' eggs & meat in there.

(but I think it's an idea I steal real soon!)

Thanks!

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 3 Breakfast-Quesadillas-09_mini

This does indeed look delicious, Barb.

bethk

bethk
Admin

OK, so today I had breakfast.....the most important meal of the day !

(How many times did we hear that in television ads from the 1960's & 70's ???)

October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 3 102113brkfst

bethk

bethk
Admin

I decided to just put vegetables in my omelette this morning ~ spinach, mushrooms & onion.

October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 3 Brkfst102213

Barbara101

Barbara101

October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 3 1377296_527380434022086_1753645498_n

great looking food around here Razz

I bought some asparagus, had a left over grilled steak - breakfast.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Is that a compound butter on your steak, Barb? I love the look of your eggs but have to flip mine ~ just to be ABSOLUTELY sure the whites are cooked.

I was going to cook some bacon and a couple eggs this morning, until I realized I only had ONE egg in the carton. I think someone broke into my house and stole a few eggs out of my refrigerator. I better go check and see what else is missing.....

So ~ I didn't even do the bacon. Just one lonely egg and toast.

October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 3 Brkfst102413

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:I love the look of your eggs but have to flip mine ~ just to be ABSOLUTELY sure the whites are cooked.
Just put a top on the frying pan for a minute or two and those whites come out perfect. I just love my sunny-side-up eggs and those runny yolks.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barb - CHALLENGE......

How colorful of a breakfast can we come up with? Here's MY entry. Scrambled eggs on spinach w/caramelized onions and topped with sweet pepper rings & bacon.

(OK, not such a fair challenge since I didn't realize until I started cleaning out the vegetable drawer how much color I had available......)

October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 3 Brkfst102513

Barbara101

Barbara101

October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 3 Bakedappleoatmeal425

steel cut crockpot apple oatmeal.

wow beth nice breakfast there.October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 3 3267860543 

bethk

bethk
Admin

OMG - Y*U*M !

Apple crisp without the really crispy part......and then calling it "breakfast" !

(Dessert for breakfast is what I'd call it.)

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I'm gonna say it:

The Incredible Edible Egg!

When I make eggs over medium, I crack the eggs in the pan, not extreme heat, and as soon as the whites start to set, I take the spatula (Very Cautiously ) and pull the whites away from the yolk to thin out the whites so they cook, and then a quick flip over (Again, Carefully) to let it cook. A real good trick so that the whites cook and the yolk doesn't, is to as soon as they are flipped...to prick the yolk in the center with a toothpick. That will let the steam escape, and not allow the yolk to cook hard.
The yolk will not bleed out either.

While on the egg kick. Anyone ever make "Basted" eggs?
I take the bacon grease and crack the eggs in the grease, and quickly start spooning the hot grease over the whites only at first. When the whites are set and no longer runny, I spoon a couple spoons of hot grease over the yolk just to whiten the tops.
OMGoodness....Are they Goooood!! I love when the edges brown, and get crispy, but NOT Burned.

BTW... The computer works fast with being direct connected to the ISP Comcast...so it must be router issues. I have all three computers on the wireless router.
I have to check it out further now! Grrrrrrr!!!

Barbara101

Barbara101

yes I did eggs like that,before I had to cut way back on bacon...To much salt aka high BP. I very seldom have it any more. Sad 

another good egg dish is cooked in tomato sauce.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yup - and you can baste with butter, too.

I like to refer to them as butter poached eggs ~ a take-off on my butter poached lobster. Good stuff.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had a hankerin' for something sweet first thing this morning ~ and eggs just don't sound enticing to my tongue. So I pulled a loaf of the Publix Breakfast Bread out of the freezer and pulled off two slices to toast up before returning the rest of the loaf for another "sweet fix".

I didn't think to take a pic of my toast (boring) but as a reminder of why I find it such a sweet and tasty treat, here's a previous pic ~ loaded with dried fruit and nuts.

October, 2013 Breakfast....Trick or Treat ??? - Page 3 PublixBrkfstBread

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum