Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pork Tenderloin

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pork Tenderloin Empty Pork Tenderloin Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:20 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I just pulled a pork tenderloin out of the freezer for tonight's supper. I'm not sure what I'm going to have with it, I will probably grill it.

When I find the pork tenderloins on sale, the ones that come two in a package, I usually try to pick up 2 or 3 packages. Then I'll take a few minutes to trim and clean them before wrapping for the freezer. It is so nice to get it out of the freezer knowing all the silver skin is removed and it is the same thickness, without that thin flap at the end.

The thin ends from 2 or 3 packs is just enough pork to cut into thin strips to use for sweet and sour pork....and by using tenderloin for that dish means the meat is already tender and doesn't have to cook any longer than for a stir fry. Mom use to make s&s pork from a tougher cut of pork and she would simmer it for a good long while to allow it to get chewable. Or she would use the pressure cooker if she was pressed for time.

2Pork Tenderloin Empty Re: Pork Tenderloin Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:27 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

When I find the pork tenderloins on sale, the ones that come two in a package, I usually try to pick up 2 or 3 packages. Then I'll take a few minutes to trim and clean them before wrapping for the freezer. It is so nice to get it out of the freezer knowing all the silver skin is removed and it is the same thickness, without that thin flap at the end.

We do that with most things we freeze, B, but usually since the pork tenderloins come in that cryopak, we just put it as is in the freezer. And you're right, it's so nice to get it out for use and it's all ready to go. Brian will usually tell me he'll cook the pork if I'll clean it first (i.e., remove the silver skin).

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum