Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brand new Month.. It is August..

+3
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Barbara101
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 15]

326Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:29 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have soooooooo many fish plates & platters & dishes.Casseroles.

I also have lots of them shaped like clam shells .

327Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:46 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I was busy cooking for a friend.. so since yesterday I pulled out frozen meals from our freezer, today I pulled out stuffed pork loin, I made some mashed potato ( from the box) and sauteed some garlic chives.. it was a delicious meal, I forgot to take picture haha

Next week I'm going to start stock up meats, I need to cook some foods for my DH and freeze them in freezer.. my vacation time is coming soon
Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 1838020472  lol! 

328Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:27 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Where are you headed this year?

329Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:33 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We are having Easy Easy for supper tonight!

The kids are all gonna meet here; we are going to play musical cars again. DD is using her Brothers, but he is going to use it this weekend up in Boston for the holiday.

Tina is gonna use the DD's Rap a Tap Tap Truck for shopping if she needs to, and DD is gonna use Tina's car.
I call it..."Surprise Rent a Car".....hahahahaha

I told Tina, I'll throw a tag on the lawn tractor, and she can use that. LOL... I could just see that happening.

I'm just gonna sit and watch it all happen.

Ooo Eeee Ooo Ahhh Ahhh....Ting Tang, Walla Walla Bing Bang!

330Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Now I can't get this song out of my head! hahahahaha

331Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:28 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

And because YOU posted that "touch here" audio/video site....well, you DESERVE to hear that darn song and not sleep until late tomorrow!

Jerk.

Oooooh, eeeeee, ooooh ah a....wala wala bing.....

BIG Jerk.......

332Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:28 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 2737772972

You big jerk.......

333Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:44 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I don't know how to connect the you-tube for Purple People Eater....but if I did, that's what I'd post here to get even.......

334Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:26 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Now Tina is on my @$$.... She hears me whistling walla walla bing bang....

We all ate Pizza.... there was a ton left over.
DD is taking half home for her BF who is still working.

She took back her truck so she could clean it up.
I told her if it's dirty she will get $2,000.00 and if it's clean maybe $2,099.00.

She just gave a stare..

335Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:20 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I got to thinking about that silly song....since it was running through my head ALL night, what else was there to think about???? I remember so well playing records, 45's in particular, loudly, as I did my chores on a Saturday morning. I think that's why everyone else in the house took off, they would go crazy with those songs playing over and over. Remember leaving the arm up so the same 45 played over and over? At least with an album there would be different songs, but albums were so much more expensive so there was a huge pile of 45's and I loved to play a song repeatedly, trying to memorize the lyrics. And considering I cannot carry a tune in a bucket, it was not a pretty sound, for sure!

336Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:25 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

We ended up having a pizza delivered last night as well....first time for a fairly new place in the strip shopping center down the road. It was really good, thin and crispy crust - our favorite....and not a mix of cheeses (which I cannot tolerate) but just mozzarella melted all the way to the edges.

337Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:12 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:We ended up having a pizza delivered last night as well....first time for a fairly new place in the strip shopping center down the road.  It was really good, thin and crispy crust - our favorite....and not a mix of cheeses (which I cannot tolerate) but just mozzarella melted all the way to the edges.
Sounds good Beth! ... So as I was reading your post an your saying how the cheese was just mozzarella and melted to the edges, I thought of something.

I've noticed here too, that a new pizza joint will open, and the pizza is just like you said. Just right; like Goldilocks and the Threee Bears with the Porriage.

Then comes the New Guy that assembles the pizza. He skimps on the sauce, and throws on the cheese like he was swatten a fly with it. The cheese is to the edge on one slice, and not on the next. There is a scramble when the pizza is just baked, and everyone is eyeing that special perfect slice.

I don't know about you, but I watch (if I'm there ) the pizza assembly.
They don't measure anything as far as the sauce etc. They grab the cheese from a tub by the handful or by the pinch to fill in. They rush like heck, and that's why you get an inconsistent pizza.

I think I wrote this on the c.com old forum; that there are no two pizza's that come out the same, or even the dough and the finished crispiness of the crust.

Even myself when I make pizza. There are so many variables that they do not come out the same. Close sometimes, but not always 100 % the same.

338Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:46 am

NormM

NormM

We had pizza delivery yesterday too.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

339Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:31 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I am contemplating using beans now for todays supper. Chili sounds like the most logical.

Could start with a nice Italian Bread, and some greens and beans to make Escarole and Beans. I even have some Ham to flavor it with. If not ham, then maybe Italian Sausage chunks. Ooops, forgot some potato chunks in there too! Ummmmm!!

Last edited by UNCLE JIMMY on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added ingredient)

340Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:42 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I picked up some baby back ribs to cook on Monday, on sale for $2.99/lb. I'll have to figure out the rest of the meal - I'd like to make some Memphis coleslaw to go with the ribs but I don't have access to my recipes....

Tonight DD and the GS are going to be gone so Mr. Amazing and I are going to have the last two lobster tails in the freezer. He'll think he did something good and try to figure out what it was...he will never get the part about me just not wanting to leave those lobster tails in the freezer because DD would never cook them. So, shhhhhhh, don't let him know.

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 1838020472 

341Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:52 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I picked up some baby back ribs to cook on Monday, on sale for $2.99/lb.  I'll have to figure out the rest of the meal - I'd like to make some Memphis coleslaw to go with the ribs but I don't have access to my recipes....

Tonight DD and the GS are going to be gone so Mr. Amazing and I are going to have the last two lobster tails in the freezer.  He'll think he did something good and try to figure out what it was...he will never get the part about me just not wanting to leave those lobster tails in the freezer because DD would never cook them. So, shhhhhhh, don't let him know.

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 1838020472 
Last week Tina bought a whole big bag of frozen shrimps with shells on.
I just came up from downstairs looking for them in the freezer.
Oooops... DD cooked them whilst we were gone to Lancaster,PA last weekend!
I don't care, but at least DD could have said something. Grrrrrrrr!!!
Oh! and she used a whole "S"Load of the thin cut bracciole steaks Tina had the Butcher Cut Special. DD made philly cheese steaks with them.
ALL 2-1/2 Pounds of them! hahahahahaha... Tina was **ssed

342Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:57 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ohhh, them's fighting actions, Jimmy! Like you said, we don't mind the kids taking some supplies out of the freezer, but please say something, especially when you had a special intent and it was used for a purpose just about any other steak could have been used for. Of course, it WAS sliced thin, so it was probably easier to cook fast for the Philly Cheesesteaks.....

I've got some shell-on shrimp and a frozen container of that killer shrimp sauce...maybe this weekend that will get made.

343Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:29 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Ohhh, them's fighting actions, Jimmy!  Like you said, we don't mind the kids taking some supplies out of the freezer, but please say something, especially when you had a special intent and it was used for a purpose just about any other steak could have been used for.  Of course, it WAS sliced thin, so it was probably easier to cook fast for the Philly Cheesesteaks.....

I've got some shell-on shrimp and a frozen container of that killer shrimp sauce...maybe this weekend that will get made.
Beth...you read my mind. That was exactly what I was looking to do!
The killer shrimp hot sauce in the freezer, and I was just gonna make the shrimp with that.

344Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:51 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well, Jimmy, you and Tina can drop by tomorrow and we'll have it for lunch.  I'll even run out and get a fresh baguette to go with it.....

Inspiration Barb caused me to make a bowl of pasta salad.  I was looking forward to having it well marinated by letting it sit in the refrigerator until tomorrow but the bowl got attacked by three of us and now ther is just a little container left.  One of us, and I'm NOT blaming anyone in particular, (although he is the only one who shaves his face....) had a huge second serving.  

I used the mini farfale and what ever vegetables I had in the drawer....carrots, celery, sweet onion, red bell pepper, seeded cucumber and blanched broccoli.  Since I don't usually have bottled salad dressings on hand but I wanted the old fashioned Italian dressed pasta salad I made a bottle of dressing from the dry mix Italian salad dressing I have on hand for the crock pot Italian beef.  You know the one I'm talking about...add vinegar to the 1st line on the Seven Seas cruet, then water and add the dry mix.  Shake well, add the oil and shake again.  Allow to sit for 10 minutes and shake just before using......

DD said it was better than the last pasta salad she made.....I tasted it, she's right.  But at least I think I got her to understand the difference between our pasta salads was the ratio of vegetables to pasta...she used too much pasta and only a few vegetables.  AND she overcooked her pasta.  I told her the pasta will continue to get soft from absorbing the dressing.  And I think it's best made early in the day or the day before.

345Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:15 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Well, Jimmy, you and Tina can drop by tomorrow and we'll have it for lunch.  I'll even run out and get a fresh baguette to go with it.....

Inspiration Barb caused me to make a bowl of pasta salad.  I was looking forward to having it well marinated by letting it sit in the refrigerator until tomorrow but the bowl got attacked by three of us and now ther is just a little container left.  One of us, and I'm NOT blaming anyone in particular, (although he is the only one who shaves his face....) had a huge second serving.  

I used the mini farfale and what ever vegetables I had in the drawer....carrots, celery, sweet onion, red bell pepper, seeded cucumber and blanched broccoli.  Since I don't usually have bottled salad dressings on hand but I wanted the old fashioned Italian dressed pasta salad I made a bottle of dressing from the dry mix Italian salad dressing I have on hand for the crock pot Italian beef.  You know the one I'm talking about...add vinegar to the 1st line on the Seven Seas cruet, then water and add the dry mix.  Shake well, add the oil and shake again.  Allow to sit for 10 minutes and shake just before using......

DD said it was better than the last pasta salad she made.....I tasted it, she's right.  But at least I think I got her to understand the difference between our pasta salads was the ratio of vegetables to pasta...she used too much pasta and only a few vegetables.  AND she overcooked her pasta.  I told her the pasta will continue to get soft from absorbing the dressing.  And I think it's best made early in the day or the day before.
GOOD tips on making pasta salad. Thanks for the mention.
It's like making pasta fagiole. Tina cooks the ditalini hard, and as they sit in the sauce, they swell up and absorb the juices.

346Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:54 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I don't know why I wanted the packaged Italian dressing....just a blast from the past. I can remember the first time mom brought that cruet home from the store. FREE salad dressing container, as if a mason jar wasn't good enough...lol. And I have to say, the taste hasn't changed in all these years. It's exactly as it was back then.

347Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:10 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Supper was a rousing success!  Dane is still smiling.

Steamed/broiled lobster tails, twice baked potatoes, steamed asparagus and a salad of romaine and sun ripened tomatoes with evoo/rice vinegar dressing.  

I had frozen the lobster tails attached to the shells but have since decided its silly to try to cook them with the shell because it just curls up and the lobster meat falls over.  So, to cook after thawing, I just take the meat and push a couple bamboo skewers through the lobster tail meat to keep it flat.  I steam them for 7 minutes then drizzle with the butterfat from the clarified butter garnish, sprinkle with paprika and under the broiler of the toaster oven.  The twice baked potatoes had been made months ago....russets baked and scooped, mixed with sour cream, cream cheeses chives and spices and re-stuffed, wrapped in plastic, then foil and frozen.  

The asparagus got peeled and trimmed and steamed for just a couple minutes, until tender crisp.

All in all, this is the meal I'll remind Dane of when he calls and complains DD isn't cooking meals when I'm in the villa and he's still here for a few months.  Boy, he's really gonna miss me!  LOL

348Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:24 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 016-2

last peice of red snapper.Blacken.brown rice . I didn't even eat it.I made up a batch of food for the 'girls'& took a little for me. I still don't like brown rice pale silent No

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 009

349Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:38 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well, it looks good - even if you didn't eat it!

350Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:55 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

pizza and lobster dinner sound good Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 3593629538 

Barbara.. did you buy your snapper frozen? I like red snapper, it's quite pricey here.. and it's frozen... in my hometown we can buy fresh red snapper with half price.. we went to Asian Store the other day, they sold it for $6.99/lbs

Beth.. I'm going to see my Mom.. it's about her birthday, she will be 91 years old next Oct.. so I'm going to eat LOTS of fresh snapper, we have red and black snapper

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 Redsnapper

I did not cook for us.. I was still busy cooking for a friend, her daughter 1st birthday party is tomorrow.. I cooked all Indonesian foods.. for kids she is going to serve chicken nuggets and pizza.. for the parents and other adults.. spicy foods.. I'm going to take the pics tomorrow if I can steal some time to do it..

for dinner today we ate the other half our store bought roast chicken.. I made some hash brown, mixed with some frozen green beans

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 14 64

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum