Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brand new Month.. It is August..

+3
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Barbara101
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 15]

301Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:54 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda HL wrote:our meatless Monday. Indonesian style salad, boiled veggies ( spinach, bean sprouts, cabbage ) with peanut sauce.. I asked my DH if he wanted it, if not he could make his own sandwich, and he was okay with it, he finished the whole plate without complaining Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 1838020472  lol! 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pecel

we can add noodles, rice or rice noodles with it

I added some fried tempeh ( soybean cake), deep fired potato balls, hard boiled egg and some chips
Interesting, Imelda. So, the sauce can be as spicy as you want to make it and is spicy, salty, sweet and sour all at the same time? The tamarind is something I saw used a lot in the Caribbean....I always wanted to learn how to cook the fresh when I saw the pods in the grocery stores.

302Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:26 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 1011586_569986043059982_955878541_n

panko crusted salmon..with parm,lots of fresh pepper.

303Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:14 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Looks lightly coated yet crispy. Nice.

304Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:20 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 2453703928 first time I have ever used the broiler lol! 

305Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:06 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Barbara101 wrote:Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 1011586_569986043059982_955878541_n

panko crusted salmon..with parm,lots of fresh pepper.
beautiful salmon and beautiful shot Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 3593629538 

what is a broiler? is it the broil setting in the oven?

306Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:12 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

yes .well actually it was my toaster oven broiler. I am not about to turn on my oven..To hot. over 100` today.

307Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:18 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Barbara101 wrote:yes .well actually it was my toaster oven broiler. I am not about to turn on my oven..To hot. over 100` today.

okay... I have it on my both ovens... did you put your salmon on a wire rack?

308Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:21 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

just the rack that came with. it is sortof a slot on top tray then solid on the bottom.It looks like the reg broiler pan only smaller.

309Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:29 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm making panko/bread crumb chicken fingers tonight. The 10 yr. old will be SO happy. He can eat a whole bunch before getting full. I'll have chive buttered noodles, steamed broccoli and a tomato/spinach/bacon side I thought up that sounds good to me.

I browned some slivers of bacon and I've got it reserved so it stays crisp. In the bacon fat I'll stir fry some halved and deseeded cherry tomatoes from my garden and then when they are just starting to caramalize I'll toss in the spinach and turn until wilted....sprinkle on the bacon and serve.

310Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:11 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barb, tat salmon looks crunchy on the outside.
I am not a fan of salmon; but although I will eat it, but only crispy like that. My daughter is so fussy with salmon, and she could eat it every day, but it has to be just to the point of where it is just cooked.

Actually, I like all my fish on the dry side, and flacky. Flaky is the spelling. Quack Quack...Flacky Flacky Fish.

311Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:27 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I agree on DONE fish. I've tried to eat salmon and its just not something I enjoy, whether cooked done or "rare".....and I never acquired the rare tuna gene. The only tuna I normally eat is canned and cold.

The spinach with caramalized tomatoes and bacon was exceptional tonight. I urge anyone who wants a different side dish to give it a try!

312Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:38 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I agree on DONE fish.  I've tried to eat salmon and its just not something I enjoy, whether cooked done or "rare".....and I never acquired the rare tuna gene.  The only tuna I normally eat is canned and cold.

The spinach with  caramalized tomatoes and bacon was exceptional tonight.  I urge anyone who wants a different side dish to give it a try!
Tuna rare or even Tuna outside a can is Not my Liking either!

Even Shrimps. Peel & Eat boiled, they say In the boiling water, and immediately as soon as they turn pink, they are done!
Uhh! Uhh!....Not for us (Tina and Me).

Translucent slimy shrimp won't be put in this mouth!
My Mom used to say," It's like chewing on LIPS!" lol! 

313Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:46 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, that's too funny!

Last time I made shrimp cocktail I made the roasted shrimp Ina promotes....evoo, s&p, roasted at 400' for about 7-8 minutes, served room temperature with sauce you like.  Yum!

(But it was DONE....)

314Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:13 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Just finished frying a batch of Italian Meatballs.

The house smells like Mom cooking on a Sunday morning at 4:30 AM !
When we woke up, we ran to church just to get home and sample the meatballs and whatever mom had on trays already cooked / fried.
Fried breaded egg plant was my favorite to sneak and eat!
Usually there was plenty. When mom cooked.... SHE COOKED!!!.....

315Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:18 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

DD brought home ice cream.....French Vanilla

The 10 yr. old and I topped ours with caramel AND chocolate....his also with marshmallow fluff and mine with peanuts

Perfect before bed snack....

316Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:20 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:yes .well actually it was my toaster oven broiler. I am not about to turn on my oven..To hot. over 100` today.
I was wondering what God made you turn your oven on, B. We were just under 90 today but the humidity was 41% -- which for us is virtually NO HUMIDITY! We're just getting ready to go on the balcony to use the telescope -- now THAT is low humidity, folks!

317Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:43 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:DD brought home ice cream.....French Vanilla

The 10 yr. old and I topped ours with caramel AND chocolate....his also with marshmallow fluff and mine with peanuts

Perfect before bed snack....

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Cherrymulberrypie400

cherry pie with that ice cream oh yum..

318Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:44 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Crybaby wrote:We're just getting ready to go on the balcony to use the telescope -- now THAT is low humidity, folks!
Are you spying on the neighbors???

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 4137497845 

It's easier to do if their lights are on and the drapes open..........er, I mean, I READ one time that it was easier to see into a house IF the lights were on and the drapes open.

JUST KIDDING.........

319Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:53 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:

cherry pie with that ice cream oh yum..
Oh, man.....they sold Michigan sour cherries (by special order per gallon container, pitted) at the market last month.  I was SO tempted, but didn't get any.  The season for them is so short, when you snooze you loose.  My mom use to make an apple sour cherry pie that was amazing.  I think originally she started making it that way to cut the cost of the cherries but it turned out so nice she turned it into her specialty fall pie.

320Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:04 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

that's what I did. If I had bought 3lbs of cherries it would have been a $20.pie.

321Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:35 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've been pulling meals out of the freezer for fear they will get too old before anyone is desperate enough to rummage for them so tonight supper is beef and noodles...over mashed potatoes.  I know, SHAME ON ME!  But, it's traditional so I decided to go with it.  I've got green peas and a salad to go along with it.

322Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beth has been pulling meals out of that freezer, like a ride at the carnivale pulling rings out of bulls noses! LOL....

I'm in limbo today! Mommy is away and I'm just sitting here and planning work for tomorrow.
It rained all morning so that limited the work outside. I did prune some of the Mountain Laural that Tina was after me do do. Had to FIRST Fix the darn pruner. Would have been better if I just shot the limbs with the 12 gauge.
Mommy "T" left her Uncs at 4:00...so I got 3 hours to make it look like I was busy today.
I could become a extra good hubby, and wash the dining room chairs with murphy's oil, but nah! I'll pass on that! .... I have NO CLUE what to make for supper???
Maybe I will Boil some eggs and make egg salad. Nice for late night snack!

323Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:53 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

OR....you could boil some eggs and make DEVILED eggs....a much better choice, IMO!

324Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:28 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 1010670_475865475840249_223961073_n-1

Ok I am done with the salmon Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 3470128989 

325Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 13 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:21 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Is that your canibal fish plate? Looks like the fish ate your fish.....lol! 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum