Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

LG French Doors 27.6 cu. ft. Ice & water in the door.

+3
Barbara101
bethk
NormM
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

bethk

bethk
Admin

That's great, Norm. I remember so well a stove I purchased, eagerly anticipated cooking on it, and did NOT like it from day one. I wish I had been wise enough to call the store back and inquire about returning it. Instead, I used it for over 10 years and had one problem after another.

The range I have now has been a joy to use since I got it.

Hopefully I'll be able to get new appliances for the villa soon. I'll be looking at the LG brand for sure.

Crybaby

Crybaby

NormM wrote:My bottom freezer has an extra drawer inside so it divides it up a little and everything isn't piled on top of other stuff.  It is bigger than the side by side too so I like everything about it.

Mine, too, Norm, which I LOVE.

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

NormM wrote:I have a couple of magnetic kitchen timer/thermometers and they won't stick to the stainless doors.  The stick to the sides so I am not sure what kind of metal the stainless doors really are but they do show marks more easily.
Stainless cleaner will leave streaks or smears on the appliances and Windex w/Vinegar was recommended and it works great. I have a Whirlpool French door and we really like it but it took a bit of getting used to. We had our side by side, that came with the house, moved to the garage. All the appliances here were mismatched so I went with stainless Whirlpool on all the kitchen appliances. The induction range had a learning curve but now love it so much. I'm going to do some canning this weekend and had to buy a stainless jam pot and canner to use on the cooktop. I hope I will be able to get the results I want. The jam pot is a Kilner and sold by Williams-Sonoma and had terrific reviews. I think I will have success with jams and relishes and maybe even some applesauce and canned fruit. It has a great shape and measurements on the inside of the pan, it was pricy but worth it IMO.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/kilner-stainless-steel-jam-pan/

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/multi-use-waterbath-canner/?cm_src=AutoCSLPIP

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, Pea, those are both lovely pots!

I don't know if I can bring myself to giving up the price of an induction range...but that's the way I'm leaning. I love the idea of precision cooking.

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

bethk wrote:Oh, Pea, those are both lovely pots!  

I don't know if I can bring myself to giving up the price of an induction range...but that's the way I'm leaning.  I love the idea of precision cooking.  
I initially purchased it thinking it would be safer for us as we got older plus Larry can be very unsteady at times and I was afraid of him burning himself. I have never been able to cook better fried eggs than with the stove top and the convection feature is great for casseroles and it saves on energy. When you use the convection feature, it bakes at 25 degrees less and blows the fan so that it takes less time to cook. We love the way it bakes a pizza. And you don't have to turn your cookie sheets -- my pound cake turned out perfectly with a little less baking time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum