Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020

+3
Imelda HL
Cookin Lore
bethk
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 12]

51What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:02 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Cookin Lore wrote:No cooking,  going out for a late lunch/early supper (Or lupper) with both my sons.  Fun. I had taken some leftovers out of the freezer for tonight, that can wait until tomorrow.

Enjoy yourself, Lore! sunny

52What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:13 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

I know most of you know that I now make a roux in the microwave. It's so much easier than standing at the stove for 20 to 30 minutes, especially if you're making a big roux for gumbo or something similar.

I usually have extra roux when I make it so I store it in a little ramekin in the fridge. Comes in handy when you want to thicken up a pan sauce with just a bit of roux.

Here's a picture of the roux I recently made in the microwave for gumbo.

What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Microw10

53What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:17 pm

Cookin Lore

Thanks, I will! We are going on a cruise in February. Sons have planned it as a friends and family event. There will be 18 of us.

54What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:41 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Cookin Lore wrote:Thanks, I will!  We are going on a cruise in February.  Sons have planned it as a friends and family event.  There will be 18 of us.  

I'm sure you will all have a ball, Lore! What are your ports of call?

Brian and I only went on one cruise more than 30 years ago before the cruise boom. We really enjoyed it.

55What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:32 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

We drove the 1 hour trip to Disney Springs ~ in the pouring rain. I was glad Dane was driving as I hate being the one behind the wheel when there's that much rain.

We got to Disney and ended up in the wrong parking garage. But because of the rain I just suggested to Dane we park there and walk to the restaurant we were going to meet Andrea and Joshua at. Well, LUCKY US! Turns out the 'wrong' garage was the 'RIGHT' garage. The restaurant was just about half a block away from the garage. I love going to Disney Springs. They have lots of covered parking lots with elevators to get up & down the different floors and it's all free parking. We ended up sitting in a covered shopping area while we waited for Andrea & Josh to arrive from the airport. They used Disney transportation to take them from the airport to the resort and then to meet us at the restaurant.

Here's Joshua:

What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 01_04_11

Andrea suggested Wolfgang Puck's Bar & Grill ~ a good choice. We got there before them and had a glass of sangria / wine as we waited. When they got there we shared some Bruschetta with buratta, tomatoes & an avocado aoili.

What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 01_04_12

Andrea got a Greek Salad with grilled shrimp:

What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 01_04_13

Joshua chose Burrata Tortellini with grilled shrimp:

What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 01_04_14

I had a Chicken Salad Sandwich with house made chips:

What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 01_04_15

And Dane had a cold cut sandwich with a side of roasted potatoes.....but the pic didn't come out so pretend in your mind how it might have looked.....LOL

We had a nice time with them, took them to a local grocery to get snacks & breakfast stuff to have in the room and then dropped them at their resort. They have the next 4 days planned out and full!

56What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:53 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Crybaby - when it rains, it pours.

Today I discovered a catastrophic freezer failure. I guess I didn't shut the door tight a few days ago and everything was partially defrosted. I had a bag of frozen bread dough that had defrosted and risen to the size of a small pillow. I had to toss 99% of what was in there. All of my steaks, all of the seafood, veggies, soups and whatever else. A turkey too! Too dangerous to take a chance. Well, now we don't have to eat it down. A very expensive loss. I cleaned the shelves after they were emptied. I hope I don't fill it back up like it was.

57What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:11 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beth..... the Pucks food looks so good. I had a tuna salad on a pumpernickel rye bread.

Gonna have cheesecake and coffee later.

####################################################
Debbie, what a disaster.
What did something keep the door open?.....

58What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:18 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I guess I didn't shut it tight enough.

59What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:50 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I guess I didn't shut it tight enough.

The same thing happens with the side by side here. I actually watch DD or Tina throw an item in the freezer, and quickly slam the door.
I guess they figure "Let the next person worry / or deal with it.
ME???? I wouldn't open that freezer, if my mother was in there to visit her son from the grave!"

N    O    P    E    

60What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:50 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, dear, Michelle ~ what a horror to live through.....even if it's just a few days, it's nerve wracking. And that's not even taking the $$$$ into consideration. I hate not being in control of situations, like not knowing why the new coil on our HVAC stopped working within 1 day. And to have to deal with that crappy sewer line going from the house to the street ~ I mean, there is no way to check it when you buy a house, let alone know if there's a serious problem until it's way past the 'easy fix' time frame.

On a brighter note, you have it being remedied and everything will be flowing smoothly soon!

Bugs - not the way to clean out a freezer. Just sayin'............

So sorry it happened.

Lore ~ do you cruise every other year or every year? I know how much fun you had the last time with that large group. It's always so wonderful to be included in big events like that. Look forward to it and enjoy every moment!

61What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:30 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Have you ever been very organized and forgot you had done something? Well, I did. I have been looking for a week for the manual and probe for my Wolf countertop oven. I have looked everywhere, 10 times. I cleaned out junk while I was doing it. It was right in front of my nose. I have several 3-ring binders that hold recipes. What I forgot about is one of those binders has MANUALS written in bold type on the spine. Inside, in a zip-lock bag was my manual and probe. I don't even remember doing it. I won't forget now. At least things got cleaned out and neatened.

62What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:33 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have a friend who goes on cruises in January and February. Last year it was the Caribbean and Norway. I have been on a cruise and it was the first and last time I will go on one.

63What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:59 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

We worked on packing and schleping everything out to the garage ~ I'm exhausted times 10!

But I was ready for a meal so I made the pork steak and a couple of the sweet potatoes Dane picked up at the farm market by his sister's. I had part of a head of cauliflower in the drawer and ended up roasting it. I saw the leftover corn muffins and figured they'd go with tonight's meal just fine.

Now I'm ready for a hot shower, a clean nightgown and a long stretch-out in the guest bedroom.

What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 01_05_10

64What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:00 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Just had a hungry man Salisbury steak dinner.
Woke up to a total $h!t show. Power went out. Came back on, 4 times, and the 5th time it stayed on. At 4:45 we finally had power.

NOW..... here comes the ultimate.... Tina lost her cell phone. She was up in Belvidere, at St. Patricks at a pot luck for the priest that is being transferred.
She remembered she dropped her purse off the table while she laid the Pan of Lasagna on the table.
The phone must have slid out of her bag, and slid under the table.
We tried the icloud find my phone app, but her phone is shut off. She never shuts off her phone. So that means someone found it and shut it off.
We locked the phone so no one could use it. She needs a new phone now; so we will get it on tuesday.
What a pain in the butt! I'm just resetting all the computers internet access and appliance clocks.

65What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:43 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

My niece had her phone stolen at a bar. They were able to track it to the house of the perps but the police refused to do anything about it. She had to buy a new phone too.

66What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:36 am

Cookin Lore

Bugster2 wrote:I have a friend who goes on cruises in January and February. Last year it was the Caribbean and Norway. I have been on a cruise and it was the first and last time I will go on one.

I am going on my first cruise Feb. 8..................... Now you have me worried..... Why your last?

67What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:55 am

Cookin Lore

Lore ~ do you cruise every other year or every year?  I know how much fun you had the last time with that large group.  It's always so wonderful to be included in big events like that.  Look forward to it and enjoy every moment![/quote]

I have never been on a cruise.  I know most of the people that will be on the cruise, but it's my first cruise.   I spent a week on a catamaran in the Bahamas a few years ago, but no cruise as such.

Last edited by Cookin Lore on Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total

68What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:55 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Lore ~ we've been on almost a dozen cruises. We loved it.

Things to remember: If you don't like what you're served, just ask for something else. They want you to enjoy every meal. A wine bottle can be re-corked and served at a later meal if desired. And my favorite: ROOM SERVICE IS INCLUDED! Nothing I love more than having my coffee and breakfast rolls served in my room so I can sit on my balcony and listen to the water, watch the birds and have as long as I like. It's especially nice if you decide you want a pizza at midnight....or, 10 p.m. in my case....

There are so many things to love about cruising. I never got seasick. It was like a city that floats.

69What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:08 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Cookin Lore wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:I have a friend who goes on cruises in January and February. Last year it was the Caribbean and Norway. I have been on a cruise and it was the first and last time I will go on one.

I am going on my first cruise Feb. 8..................... Now you have me worried..... Why your last?  

I went on a Princess Cruise to Mexico. Someone planted 3 bombs onboard. The lifeboats were lowered outside my window. Coastguard helicopters and ships were all around the boat. They found 3 bombs and they were thrown overboard. To add insult to injury, I got a severe case of Tourista and had to spend all of the time holed up in my stateroom. We hit rough seas on the way home. Add that to the Tourista. I was a miserable human being.

70What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:36 pm

NormM

NormM

What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 20200111

I saw this Hot Fudge Brownie Cheese cake on the internet and decided to have it for breakfast this morning!

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

71What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:43 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 20200111

I saw this Hot Fudge Brownie Cheese cake on the internet and decided to have it for breakfast this morning!
Surely looks good Norm.... Did you order it on line? or did you bake it?

72What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:45 pm

NormM

NormM

What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 20200112

73What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:46 pm

NormM

NormM

Thank you Jimmy and Beth. I baked it. I posted another picture of it to see if I could get a bigger print of it.

Last edited by NormM on Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

74What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:46 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 20200111

Breakfast of CHAMPIONS!!! (Beats Wheaties any day of the week....)

75What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's cooking ~ JANUARY, 2020 Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:10 pm

Cookin Lore

Bugster2 wrote:
Cookin Lore wrote:

I went on a Princess Cruise to Mexico. Someone planted 3 bombs onboard. The lifeboats were lowered outside my window. Coastguard helicopters and ships were all around the boat. They found 3 bombs and they were thrown overboard. To add insult to injury, I got a severe case of Tourista and had to spend all of the time holed up in my stateroom. We hit rough seas on the way home. Add that to the Tourista. I was a miserable human being.

Oh dear! Never mind bombs on board, but I the dreaded tourista! I am going to take the stuff to prevent that. When I went to Morrocco I took it, and was fine. My friend Marilyn did not take the precaution, and she had a couple of not so good days. She refused my Immodium at first. Then got wise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum