Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello June! What's cooking today?

+3
Bugster2
UNCLE JIMMY
Niagara Visitor
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 10]

126Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello June! What's cooking today? Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:03 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I made pan fried cod, white and wild rice and a wedge salad. One of those things gave Katie the trots all night long. I bought the fish - frozen - at Costco. I don't know what else it could be.

127Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello June! What's cooking today? Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:18 pm

Niagara Visitor

What is a wedge salad?

Never mind, I asked Ms Google!

128Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello June! What's cooking today? Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:18 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I made pan fried cod, white and wild rice and a wedge salad. One of those things gave Katie the trots all night long. I bought the fish - frozen - at Costco. I don't know what else it could be.

It could have been from a previous meal / food / drink, etc.

129Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello June! What's cooking today? Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:41 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Katie's Keurig was full of green slime. Joe and I cleaned it out because Katie couldn't be bothered. She has used it for a couple of months. I wonder if there is still something bad lurking inside that could have made her sick. Friday she went in for some nuclear heart testing. Maybe the contrast dye....

130Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello June! What's cooking today? Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:10 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Katie's Keurig was full of green slime. Joe and I cleaned it out because Katie couldn't be bothered. She has used it for a couple of months. I wonder if there is still something bad lurking inside that could have made her sick. Friday she went in for some nuclear heart testing. Maybe the contrast dye....

Contrast Dye = BINGO!... Tina gets the runs from that!

131Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello June! What's cooking today? Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:02 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I picked the third big red sweet Italian pepper off my pepper plant (not to be confused with Dane's HOT yellow banana pepper plant.....) and plan to make stuffed peppers tonight.

Since I needed to get some fresh ground chuck (it's $2.99/lb. chuck day at Fresh Market) I decided to get additional ground chuck and some spicy Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sausage and mix up a big batch of meatloaf to get in the freezer. I'm out and it's one of those 'go-to' meals that just hits the spot every once in a while.

So I now have five two pound meatloafs in the freezer. I make them in plastic wrap lined foil pans and when I thaw them to bake I remove the plastic wrap and they hold their shape well when I turn them out on a small rack to bake and let the excess fat from the sausage cook off. It's a method that has served me well.

So, right now the remainder of the meatloaf meat mixture is waiting for some rice to cool down so it can all be mixed together and that will be my pepper stuffing. I have to rummage around in the pantry in hopes of finding some more tomato sauce or even a jar of marinara to use as extra moisture for the peppers. I know I'll find something that will work.

132Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello June! What's cooking today? Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:50 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

What to make / have for dinner?????
I want hot dogs that Jimmy Jr got me from the German Butcher down in South Jersey at Forked River.
The hot dogs are Jalapeno Pepper flavored.
Tina and Maria went to Uncle Elmer's this morning to do his food shopping. Onway back there are plenty of stores; so I'm hoping they bring home some good stuff.

Chinese dumplings they bought.

133Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello June! What's cooking today? Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:56 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

The drug was called Lexiscan. You can have the runs but it is not common and I was wondering about it happening two days later.

I made a pasta salad this morning. We are going to have steaks anad corn on the cob with it.

134Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello June! What's cooking today? Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:40 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

The stuffed peppers came out tasty. I never make them the same twice ~ no recipe to follow, just toss together whatever I happen to have at hand. And today it was extra meatloaf mix and a jar of marinara to add just a touch of tomato sauce.

I actually had too much meat/rice mixture for the 6 halves of red peppers I had so I cut up two of Dane's hot banana peppers and molded the meat mixture on top of some pieces in a small casserole dish. He seemed to enjoy it.....and I have to say, when I've made something similar in the past the heat of the peppers disappears when they're cooked in the oven until they fall apart.

I had some romaine that I had chopped for a salad in the vegetable drawer and used that and some vegetables to make a chopped salad, topped with some hard cooked egg.

We should be set for the night! (of course, I'll probably go in search of something sweet or salty a little later, most likely an apple......maybe with a spoonful of peanut butter spread on top).

135Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello June! What's cooking today? Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:09 pm

NormM

NormM

Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 20190627

I tried a recipe that put chopped steak, onion, green pepper and cheeses inside a bread dough. The last couple of times we went to a Korean restaurant, they served a side of corn with mozzarella cheese melted over it.  Since I had some corn and lots of left over filling, I tried putting it on the corn. It was OK but probably would be better with a different main dish.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

136Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello June! What's cooking today? Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:51 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:The stuffed peppers came out tasty.  I never make them the same twice ~ no recipe to follow, just toss together whatever I happen to have at hand.  And today it was extra meatloaf mix and a jar of marinara to add just a touch of tomato sauce.

I actually had too much meat/rice mixture for the 6 halves of red peppers I had so I cut up two of Dane's hot banana peppers and molded the meat mixture on top of some pieces in a small casserole dish.  He seemed to enjoy it.....and I have to say, when I've made something similar in the past the heat of the peppers disappears when they're cooked in the oven until they fall apart.

I had some romaine that I had chopped for a salad in the vegetable drawer and used that and some vegetables to make a chopped salad, topped with some hard cooked egg.

We should be set for the night!  (of course, I'll probably go in search of something sweet or salty a little later, most likely an apple......maybe with a spoonful of peanut butter spread on top).

Beth, do you foil over the peppers while baking?
I use tight foil, and then when the peppers are soft, I remove the foil and bake another 20 or 30 minutes to brown the tops.

137Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello June! What's cooking today? Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:55 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 20190627

I tried a recipe that put chopped steak, onion, green pepper and cheeses inside a bread dough. The last couple of times we went to a Korean restaurant, they served a side of corn with mozzarella cheese melted over it.  Since I had some corn and lots of left over filling, I tried putting it on the corn. It was OK but probably would be better with a different main dish.

Looks good to me Norm.

138Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello June! What's cooking today? Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:40 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Beth, do you foil over the peppers while baking?
I use tight foil, and then when the peppers are soft, I remove the foil and bake another 20 or 30 minutes to brown the tops.

Yes, foil or lid on Pyrex casserole until the contents are cooked through, then remove, add the tomato sauce/marinara topping and continue to bake for another 15-20 minutes to dry out the excess juices.

139Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello June! What's cooking today? Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:10 pm

NormM

NormM

Thanks Jimmy

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

140Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello June! What's cooking today? Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:19 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

We had another rainy day ~ on and off all day.

Supper ended up being a split chicken breast, seasoned and lightly floured and seared in a bit of oil in a cast iron skillet. I made some boiled potatoes for lack of inspiration of anything else and did a small head of braised cabbage.

BORING...…

white - white - tan dinner plate.

B*O*R*I*N*G...….

141Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello June! What's cooking today? Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:We had another rainy day ~ on and off all day.  

Supper ended up being a split chicken breast, seasoned and lightly floured and seared in a bit of oil in a cast iron skillet.  I made some boiled potatoes for lack of inspiration of anything else and did a small head of braised cabbage.

BORING...…

white - white - tan dinner plate.

B*O*R*I*N*G...….
No No  Oh No! .... that's Pathetic.
Well, maybe not as pathetic as over here in the No Jersey State at Jimmy and Tina's house.
I made this tuna with spaghetti..... / bread crumbs toasted with added minced garlic, olive oil and a scoop of spaghetti water to moisten it. Served with lemon juice.
Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Img_1510

142Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello June! What's cooking today? Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:52 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Vegetarian tacos tonight. The filling is taco seasoning, black beans, corn, quinoa, onions, garlic, tomato paste. I made an avocado sauce to go with it. There will be sliced cherry tomatoes from my garden, shredded cheese and lettuce. The shells will be those dry, preformed shells with no grease. Not as satisfying as a geasy taco but a heck of a lot healthier. I made a batch of blondies for dessert. I don't know if Katie will eat any because she has been on a ridgid health kick: nonfat Greek yogurt, almond butter, walnuts, avocados and green tea. BLECH!

143Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello June! What's cooking today? Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:53 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Here we go again.....
Who wants this, and who wants that?
He she or it, don't know what they want!
Who likes that, and who hates this...... and...... The circle of I D K ,goes round and round!

Maybe? Philly cheese steaks. ? ? ? We shall see!

144Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello June! What's cooking today? Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:18 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane's leaving in the morning for Indiana ~ going to go help Andrea with some maintenance items in her house and see a few soccer games. Then he'll swing by Ohio in a couple weeks and pick up Jake to come stay with us for another couple weeks. Poor me.....all lonely at home by myself...….

WOO HOO!!! No TV on 24/7, no disagreements about what to fix for supper, just me all by myself!

Tonight we went out. He ended up with a giant club sandwich and I had some pan seared haddock with a mango salsa topping, rice and fresh vegetables. It was pretty good.

145Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello June! What's cooking today? Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:07 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I followed through with Philly Cheese Steaks.

I sauteed peppers and onions till caramelized....Steak-ums fried and towled to absorb the grease.
I had two of these beauties.... The YooHoo chocolate drink put another star on the forehead of the chef.

Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Img_1511

146Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello June! What's cooking today? Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:15 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I was out in the garden and I am pretty sure my so-called quince is an espalier apple tree. My grapes are coming in nicely. I hope the squirrels don't get them. I need to go to Home depot and buy a trellis for the tree. the fruit is dragging down the branches. It will be interesting to see if the heat gets to the apples. Last year there was no fruit on the tree but we had some good freezing days at 20 degrees, so perhaps this is one fruit that needs a freeze to produce. My apricot tree would not produce fruit unless there were so many days of cold.

147Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello June! What's cooking today? Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:23 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I hope you get some fruit on your trees, Bugs.

It looks like we're going to have a good crop of Meyer lemons come December. We have more this year than we've had in the past. I think it's due to Dane really sticking to a watering/feeding schedule. I love being able to walk out my front door and pluck a fresh lemon off my tree!

148Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello June! What's cooking today? Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:59 pm

Niagara Visitor

My daughter had a lemon tree espalier on their rooftop garden in California. One year there were a whole bunch of big caterpillars on the tree. She called me in a panic..............."Mom, they're eating all the leaves, they are killing my tree.' I reminded her that I was in Canada and suggested that she could take one of them to her favourite garden center and ask them what they are. So, she did. She lived in Huntington Beach, at Rogers' garden center they said that those caterpillars were going to turn into Swallow tailed Butterflies, and if she wanted to, she could pick them all off her small tree, bring them to the garden centre and put them on one of their trees, and they would have all the lovely butterflies in the garden center.

So, if you see one of them at that garden centre, think of Cindy!

149Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello June! What's cooking today? Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:50 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Roger's Gardens is a lovely nursery. They now have a restaurant that is very nice.

150Hello June! What's cooking today? - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello June! What's cooking today? Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:18 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Hot diggity dog! Hot dogs for me for supper.
I made scrambled eggs and toast for Tina. She went to the Dr. today specializing in nerve blocks.
Monday, she is going for a nerve block ( injection ) in the neck. She has advanced arthritis in the neck as it is. Can't win. RSD settled in her arm and hand. They are hoping to recover the use of the left hand and fingers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum