Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Peach Cobbler

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Peach Cobbler Empty Peach Cobbler Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:53 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had four peaches that had been sitting on the counter top ripening for about 4 days so it was time to use them for one of my favorite summer treats......Peach Cobbler.

I blanched the peaches for about a minute in boiling water so the skins would slip right off (works like a charm every time!) and I chopped them into bite size pieces. For a pie I would have used more peaches and sliced them but for a cobbler I like the smaller pieces. I added some sugar that I had mixed with a little cornstarch and a light shake of cinnamon ~ not much at all. As usual, I don't have a real 'recipe' because something like this depends upon how much fruit you have and how sweet it is, so it's a trial & error sort of thing.

I put the sweetened, chopped peaches in the little casserole dishes and put them into a 425° oven to start cooking while I mixed up the cream biscuit dough. The dough is super easy ~ 2 1/4 c. of White Lily Self Rising Flour, 1/4 c. Sugar and 1 c. Heavy Whipping Cream. Mix until combined and then pat out on a floured board to desired thickness. In this case, since I was doing little bitty peach cobblers I patted the dough out to under 1/2" ~ and then I sprinkled it with course sugar and cut it into little squares.

I pulled the now bubbling peaches out of the oven and arranged the cobbler squares on top and back into the oven at 425° for about 20 minutes or until it was looking nicely browned and the dough was cooked through.

I used the leftover dough for some mini shortbreads to stash in the freezer for a treat when I have strawberries, peaches, blueberries or some other fruit to spoon over.

Tommy & Joann will love tonight's bedtime surprise treat!

Peach Cobbler 06_26_10

Peach Cobbler 06_26_11

2Peach Cobbler Empty Re: Peach Cobbler Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:09 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

The still warm cobbler topped with some vanilla ice cream......

Peach Cobbler 06_26_14

3Peach Cobbler Empty Re: Peach Cobbler Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:13 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Mmm, looks delicious!

4Peach Cobbler Empty Re: Peach Cobbler Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:29 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

It got four thumbs up from Tommy and Joann and two more from me!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum