Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

May, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch.

+3
Imelda HL
Crybaby
bethk
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1May, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch. Empty May, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch. Tue May 01, 2018 7:02 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I actually got back to water exercise today so my lunch was one of those little jars of OUI yogurt.....peach. It's not much but it does help when I need to re-fuel my body.

Crybaby

Crybaby

Copied from May's breakfast thread where I'd originally posted it...

Niagara Visitor wrote:Yes, both my sisters were divorced, one is now 32 years into her second marriage, older son was divorced after 7 years, is now 14 year into the second; younger son got married just before both he and his wife turned 22, and in 2 weeks it will be 28 years for them.  My main thought about all this is............................ How on earth is it possible that my baby is that old to be married for 28 years?????  Wasn't he just learning to walk last month????

Laughed at this, Lore, as you made me think of my own mother.  In 1994, when my mom had her birthday in March, I stopped by her house and wished her a happy 75th birthday, to which she responded, "No, I'm 76, Michelle." Me:  "No, mama, you were born in 1919 which means you're 75."  She:  "Oh my goodness, I've been thinking I was 76 -- I think I even told a few people I was 76."  I said something like, "Well, how does it feel to be 75, and have your youngest child be 40?" (I'd made 40 the prior September.)

Her response slayed me, as she said, "You're FORTY, Michelle?!" as if I was the old one!  We both busted up when I responded, "Sure am but you're SEVENTY-FIVE!"   Razz

Crybaby

Crybaby

By the way, Beth, the weather last Saturday when we went out to celebrate our anniversary (also discussed in May's breakfast thread) turned out to be gorgeous so you gave us good gris gris with your weather prediction of sorts. It was sunny with blue skies in the low 70s with low humidity when we left the house so I was able to wear my new dress I'd saved to wear. And Brian loved it, too -- he actually said, "Wow!" when he first saw me in it which was just what I was aiming for!

We had a very nice time and a delicious dinner, too. I ate like a longshoreman and Brian ate like a bird and took leftovers home, which he had for dinner the following night. We went out for drinks after dinner and Brian had his first ride in one of those bicycle-drawn pedicabs! They're so much fun -- the French Quarter was simply packed with people in town for Jazz Fest and it was fun to ride around and people watch while we rode to our destination.

bethk

bethk
Admin

That's great, Michelle! I was actually thinking of you guys going out on Saturday. I checked the weather on my phone and it didn't show rain so I was pretty happy for you....

Happy Anniversary again. Glad you had a wonderful time.

BTW ~ how about a little more detail on the restaurant and your meals ~ you know how I like to live my life through others.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Happy Anniversary Michelle and Brian.. hope you both had fun on your special day  May, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch. 829809188

I did not cook much lately, we ate simple and easy meals, not much to mention, Dirk likes his salami cheese sandwich ( we bought a pack of salami at Costco, so it will last for a while ). Yesterday I was craving for some Potstickers, we have bunch homegrown Garlic chives, so here they are

I just ate 4 for my brunch today

garlic chives

May, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch. Dscn0010

May, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch. 1110

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:That's great, Michelle!  I was actually thinking of you guys going out on Saturday.  I checked the weather on my phone and it didn't show rain so I was pretty happy for you....

Happy Anniversary again.  Glad you had a wonderful time.

BTW ~ how about a little more detail on the restaurant and your meals ~ you know how I like to live my life through others.

Gladly, Beth! I had one of their house cocktails which was called a Stormy Morning, which had Crème de Violette, St. Germain, lime juice and Champagne, served on the rocks in a tall glass. It was really very good and Brian had me laughing when he said he only recognized the lime juice and Champagne ingredients and I admitted I'd never had Crème de Violette before but I knew it was a liqueur and must be flavored with violettes. I LOVE this whole cocktail revolution (really big in N.O. as we even have a heavily attended cocktail festival, which attracts bartenders and cocktail enthusiasts called Tales of the Cocktail, and they host seminars, networking events for the pros, and tastings, all of which anyone can buy tickets to) so I'd had St. Germain before and knew it was an elderflower liquer. Anyway the drink was consumed in record time by yours truly and Brian even though I didn't like it until I pointed out he was just looking at ice in the glass as it was empty already. They don't serve domestic beer that Brian prefers but our waitress suggested an ale she thought most approached a domestic beer and he loved it. Several beers and many glasses of Sauvignon Blanc followed (I have a hollow leg but we always take cabs when we're drinking so we had no worried there).

As far as dinner goes, to start I had a delicious sauteed scallop appetizer that had the tiniest artichoke hearts I'd ever seen served with it and topped with a super creamy white wine sauce. Brian had the Goat Cheese Crouton, which was served otoast points of homebaked multigrain bread which looked similar to toast points spread with this scrumptious goat cheese with sautéed wild mushrooms and topped with a Madeira cream sauce -- he insists I taste all of his choices and he rarely gets to taste mine as I usually have seafood! Both of our appetizers were divine and I always like tasting what he gets and he insists so who am I to argue?!

Though none of the nicer restaurants in N.O. ever seem to rush you, Brian always asks the waiter/waitress prior to ordering to serve us as he says on "the slow bell," and I usually chime in that we like some time between courses. We both like to take a breather and I like to enjoy a glass of wine. Plus I usually order so much that I need some time if I'm going to eat it all!

I had Susan Spicer's Cream of Garlic Soup for which she's very well known for my next course -- yummy as usual and I didn't care if I smelled like garlic as we're so used to garlic in everything that it bothers neither of us when emanating from the other one (unless you count the time when i roasted a couple of heads of garlic in the oven for some dish I was making and just about consumed a whole head while I squeezed the garlic from the cloves of each head). Brian had something he'd had there before and had hoped was still being offered: a Crispy Smoked Quail Salad, which was just as good as both of us remembered. It's nice mixed baby greens with smoked quail drumettes served with small ripe pear slices, spiced pecans and a bourbon molasses dressing. He was pretty full and couldn't finish it so he asked that they leave it on the table so he could enjoy some of it with entree.

We, of course, still smoke nasty cigarettes so we took that opportunity to step out to the small table and two chairs they have set up outside the front door, which is really a door on the side of the restaurant that you enter through after going down a pretty wide "alley" to enter. They have an ashtray out there and it was a lovely evening. Plus the female manager and the female maitre d' stepped out to speak to us as we've been there a couple of times and though Susan Spicer was at one of her other two restaurants that night, they loved hearing how she used to be a computer typesetter and preceded me in my second job as one many years ago (about 40)! The patio, which is pretty large, was busy as all get out but we opted not to sit outside and eat, something I normally go for. But my hair is often like a fur coat around my neck and I was worried I'd get too hot in my dress and Brian had a suit and tie on so we opted to eat in the AC.

For my entrée (I was still cleaning my plate and continued to do so), I had Wild Sockeye Salmon, and ordered it as the chef chose to prepare it which was medium rare (I always opt for chef's choice when ordering fish). It was served with choucroute (like pickled cabbage), with small grilled potatoes (I thought of you and your grilled potatoes, Beth, when they served it!), and it had a Gewurztraminer sauce -- absolutely divine! He ordered a Berkshire pork chop which was HUGE; I don't remember too much about how it was served but know it had sautéed greens under it and was served with a delicious sauce and something that looked like what we'd call dirty rice down here. He said even the greens were good and they're not on his hit parade of desired dishes for sure. I was trying to remember the restaurant's descriptions in case anyone asked what we had; worked pretty good before my third glass of Sauvignon Blanc! Delicious pork chop and he finished off both his pork chop and his crispy quail salad the next night for dinner. (I had one of well loved pot pies that night.)

Brian had some sort of chocolate dessert, on which dessert plate someone had written in beautiful handwriting "Happy Anniversary: in a chocolate "ink", which occasion Brian had mentioned to the Maitre D' while smoking outside after she admired my dress (!!!). We both thought that was so sweet of them and, of course, too bad we don't have smart phones (and we only received a replacement for Brian's misplaced cell phone which takes pictures yesterday) as the dessert and the inscription looked really beautiful. So you just have to believe me!

Phew -- I hope this wasn't more than you wanted to hear, Beth. And Jimmy, I hope you got a cup of coffee or a drink prior to reading my latest "book."

Crybaby

Crybaby

Imelda HL wrote:Happy Anniversary Michelle and Brian.. hope you both had fun on your special day  May, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch. 829809188

Thanks, Imelda. I hope you saw my huge message about what we ate -- you'd love this restaurant for sure!

Imelda HL wrote:May, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch. Dscn0010

As usual, your meal looks divine. Your potstickers look a heck of a lot prettier than the frozen ones I buy every year from QVC. They're good and I've gotten good at using them in different ways but those ruffled edges on yours look like a photo right out of Bon Appetit magazine!  

We've got a couple of big pots of garlic chives, too, Imelda, out on our back deck. I use them often to cook with, garnish wish and sometimes just to decorate a plate with. Sometimes if I make small appetizers which allows me to do it, I pick some really pretty long green ones to tie around each of the appetizers so they look like little presents! They always get noticed and people think I went to a lot more trouble than I did, which is always a good thing.  And Brian loves it when I surprise him with stuff like that

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda ~ your pot stickers are always so beautiful. The one time I made them was an ENTIRE afternoon spent mixing and stuffing and trying to pleat so they looked beautiful. You do it so effortlessly. I'm jealous!

OMG, Michelle.....your meal sounds amazing. Even though I'm a 'Large Marge' size woman, I really am unable to eat large portions of food at a time. If we go out for a celebration meal we may order one appetizer for Dane and I'll take one or two bites, but if I eat an appetizer of my own then I'm unable to take more than one or two bites of my entree. It's hardly fair to me, but it's the truth.

And don't even tempt me with a dessert ~ I WANT to have some but I would get physically ill if I ordered and actually ate one after a meal.

My favorite is to go out and order just appetizers, maybe two (once in a while, three different ones ~ but I share with him). That way I don't get the extra starch (potato or rice) that just fills me up too much.

You are a much more adventurous diner than I am. I'm way too picky for a lot of stuff.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:
bethk wrote:That's great, Michelle!  I was actually thinking of you guys going out on Saturday.  I checked the weather on my phone and it didn't show rain so I was pretty happy for you....

Happy Anniversary again.  Glad you had a wonderful time.

Gladly, Beth!  I had one of their house cocktails which was called a Stormy Morning, which had Crème de Violette, St. Germain, lime juice and Champagne, served on the rocks in a tall glass.  It was really very good and Brian had me laughing when he said he only recognized the lime juice and Champagne ingredients and I admitted I'd never had Crème de Violette before but I knew it was a liqueur and must be flavored with violettes. I LOVE this whole cocktail revolution (really big in N.O. as we even have a heavily attended cocktail festival, which attracts bartenders and cocktail enthusiasts called Tales of the Cocktail, and they host seminars, networking events for the pros, and tastings, all of which anyone can buy tickets to) so I'd had St. Germain before and knew it was an elderflower liquer.  Anyway the drink was consumed in record time by yours truly and Brian even though I didn't like it until I pointed out he was just looking at ice in the glass as it was empty already. They don't serve domestic beer that Brian prefers but our waitress suggested an ale she thought most approached a domestic beer and he loved it.  Several beers and many glasses of Sauvignon Blanc followed (I have a hollow leg but we always take cabs when we're drinking so we had no worried there).

As far as dinner goes, to start I had a delicious sauteed scallop appetizer that had the tiniest artichoke hearts I'd ever seen served with it and topped with a super creamy white wine sauce. Brian had the Goat Cheese Crouton, which was served otoast points of homebaked multigrain bread which looked similar to toast points spread with this scrumptious goat cheese with sautéed wild mushrooms and topped with a Madeira cream sauce -- he insists I taste all of his choices and he rarely gets to taste mine as I usually have seafood!  Both of our appetizers were divine and I always like tasting what he gets and he insists so who am I to argue?!

Though none of the nicer restaurants in N.O. ever seem to rush you, Brian always asks the waiter/waitress prior to ordering to serve us as he says on "the slow bell," and I usually chime in that we like some time between courses.  We both like to take a breather and I like to enjoy a glass of wine. Plus I usually order so much that I need some time if I'm going to eat it all!

I had Susan Spicer's Cream of Garlic Soup for which she's very well known for my next course -- yummy as usual and I didn't care if I smelled like garlic as we're so used to garlic in everything that it bothers neither of us when emanating from the other one (unless you count the time when i roasted a couple of heads of garlic in the oven for some dish I was making and just about consumed a whole head while I squeezed the garlic from the cloves of each head). Brian had something he'd had there before and had hoped was still being offered: a Crispy Smoked Quail Salad, which was just as good as both of us remembered. It's nice mixed baby greens with smoked quail drumettes served with small ripe pear slices, spiced pecans and a bourbon molasses dressing.  He was pretty full and couldn't finish it so he asked that they leave it on the table so he could enjoy some of it with entree.  

We, of course, still smoke nasty cigarettes so we took that opportunity to step out to the small table and two chairs they have set up outside the front door, which is really a door on the side of the restaurant that you enter through after going down a pretty wide "alley" to enter. They have an ashtray out there and it was a lovely evening. Plus the female manager and the female maitre d' stepped out to speak to us as we've been there a couple of times and though Susan Spicer was at one of her other two restaurants that night, they loved hearing how she used to be a computer typesetter and preceded me in my second job as one many years ago (about 40)!  The patio, which is pretty large, was busy as all get out but we opted not to sit outside and eat, something I normally go for. But my hair is often like a fur coat around my neck and I was worried I'd get too hot in my dress and Brian had a suit and tie on so we opted to eat in the AC.

For my entrée (I was still cleaning my plate and continued to do so), I had Wild Sockeye Salmon, and ordered it as the chef chose to prepare it which was medium rare (I always opt for chef's choice when ordering fish). It was served with choucroute (like pickled cabbage), with small grilled potatoes (I thought of you and your grilled potatoes, Beth, when they served it!), and it had a Gewurztraminer sauce -- absolutely divine! He ordered a Berkshire pork chop which was HUGE; I don't remember too much about how it was served but know it had sautéed greens under it and was served with a delicious sauce and something that looked like what we'd call dirty rice down here.  He said even the greens were good and they're not on his hit parade of desired dishes for sure. I was trying to remember the restaurant's descriptions in case anyone asked what we had; worked pretty good before my third glass of Sauvignon Blanc!  Delicious pork chop and he finished off both his pork chop and his crispy quail salad the next night for dinner. (I had one of well loved pot pies that night.)

Brian had some sort of chocolate dessert, on which dessert plate someone had written in beautiful handwriting "Happy Anniversary: in a chocolate "ink", which occasion Brian had mentioned to the Maitre D' while smoking outside after she admired my dress (!!!). We both thought that was so sweet of them and, of course, too bad we don't have smart phones (and we only received a replacement for Brian's misplaced cell phone which takes pictures yesterday) as the dessert and the inscription looked really beautiful.  So you just have to believe me!

Phew -- I hope this wasn't more than you wanted to hear, Beth. And Jimmy, I hope you got a cup of coffee or a drink prior to reading my latest "book."

michelle.... I enjoyed that restaurant critique, SOoooo Much, that beside a coffee, I went outside, on my front porch, and had my coffee, and a smoke... ( with my Vaping Implement ) and the laptop, to enjoy this post to the fullest! ......  May, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch. 2453703928  

10May, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch. Empty Re: May, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch. Thu May 03, 2018 12:22 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Jimmy wrote:
michelle.... I enjoyed that restaurant critique, SOoooo Much, that beside a coffee, I went outside, on my front porch, and had my coffee, and a smoke... ( with my Vaping Implement ) and the laptop, to enjoy this post to the fullest! ......  May, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch. 2453703928  

You made my morning reading this, Jimmy!  Am so glad you enjoyed it and that you took the time to read all that I wrote, as I always see the size of my messages after I post them and think, "I did it again." I never start out to write so much but it just happens!  Embarassed

11May, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch. Empty Re: May, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch. Thu May 03, 2018 12:24 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

We all love to hear of your adventures and stories!

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:OMG, Michelle.....your meal sounds amazing.  Even though I'm a 'Large Marge' size woman, I really am unable to eat large portions of food at a time.  If we go out for a celebration meal we may order one appetizer for Dane and I'll take one or two bites, but if I eat an appetizer of my own then I'm unable to take more than one or two bites of my entree.  It's hardly fair to me, but it's the truth.

And don't even tempt me with a dessert ~ I WANT to have some but I would get physically ill if I ordered and actually ate one after a meal.  

My favorite is to go out and order just appetizers, maybe two (once in a while, three different ones ~ but I share with him).  That way I don't get the extra starch (potato or rice) that just fills me up too much.

You are a much more adventurous diner than I am.  I'm way too picky for a lot of stuff.

Yep, I'm certainly not a picky eater by any stretch, Beth. I can even manage to eat a little bit of things I don't care for when I'm a guest at someone's house so I don't hurt their feelings (like beets, which I've never been crazy about). It's kind of nice to me anyway that I like just about anything in the food world, especially growing up down here where there's a lot of variety and there are a lot of people, both men and women, who enjoy cooking.

Like I said, when I go out to a nice place, I'm ready to eat, and I ate rather small meals (sometimes just dinner) for a couple of days in an effort to be "starving" when I got to Bayona!  But at nicer restaurants here, the portions really aren't huge (outside of things like a steak or Brian's pork chop!) so even though I can indeed put away a lot at one meal, I think most people wouldn't have a problem with ordering an appetizer or a soup or salad with their entrée. And judging by your meals you post there that you serve at home with a side salad, meat, half a potato, and one of two other vegetables or a roll, I think you'd easily be able to eat an appetizer and an entrée at a nice restaurant in New Orleans. I'm smiling here, though, as I forgot to mention we had some delicious bread with the best extra virgin olive oil on it, too!!!! Razz It must have been extra as the waitress asked Brian if he wanted bread; like you, he's a bread man and his response was, "Of course!"  He ate a lot more bread than I did, too, which may have helped fill him up.

I often get an appetizer, a soup and another appetizer for my entrée, too, as I love appetizers. If Brian ate seafood, we could have a ball sharing dishes but alas, that's never going to happen. But he always insists I try his dishes as he wants me to see how good they are -- and I always agree, too!  

But just so you know, my entrée wasn't a huge piece of salmon and though it had a delicious sauce, there were only maybe six teeny tiny potatoes on the plate with it. So you don't get too filled up with carbs. If you go to less pricey restaurants here, they do tend to have bigger portions, especially of the carb items, like potatoes, rice, etc.  

I'm trying to recall as we don't normally go to too many places that aren't really nice, except maybe the local place for drinks and a meal, the Dry Dock down by the ferry. We're pretty good cooks and we spend a lot of money on grocery items and the meals we eat, so when we go out, even to some place we rather enjoy like the Dry Dock, and see what the tab came to, including tax and tip, we often remark about what we COULD HAVE gotten at the grocery for those funds and how it really wasn't worth what we paid for it.  Of course, you have to remember we drink alcohol when we go out which adds a lot to the tab; it would be a lot cheaper if we didn't drink when we went out or just had one drink each. But we never restrict ourselves as number one, we don't think about it and number two, we're out to enjoy ourselves so we just order what we want, be it food or drink. And if you can't finish something, you can always take it home with you. Drinks at casual places like the Dry Dock don't usually cost very much, and I notice that tourists often remark at they're surprised at the low cost of beer, wine and drinks while they're here. But that's not the case at the nicer restaurants or in hotel food outlets or at some places in the French Quarter. For instance, I think my glasses of Sauvignon Blanc at Bayona were $14 each. Now don't get me wrong, they were poured from a VERY nice bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, a much more expensive bottle than I buy regularly to consume at home. I'm no wine snob so if I find an inexpensive bottle of wine that I like, I stick with that for regular consumption. I might buy a nicer bottle for a special meal or if we have company, but I often will still drink the stuff I drink on a regular basis because I like it. But then it's fun to get the nicer stuff when we're having company or it's a holiday, as I like to have the nicer stuff occasionally as well.  I used to have several glasses of wine a day but for the last year or so, perhaps longer, I might have one or none at all. My appetite for it just isn't there any longer on most days. But I did enjoy my wine the other night and had more glasses than I've had in a long time; it was very good and we were enjoying ourselves and we were there probably about 2-1/2 hours.

We never ever go to chain restaurants though we often remark when we see the TV ads how good the food looks -- like Chipotle, Olive Garden, Outback, etc. We've only been once to Outback to use a gift certificate and though the food wasn't bad, we found it just okay, you know? Never been to any of the others nor Panera, though that one looks really good to me and sounds like we'd like it more since they advertise using fresh ingredients, which I think would really appeal to us and would probably taste better than most chains do to us.

When I was working, I'd hit a couple of chain restaurants with co-workers so I've been to a few more than Brian. Places like Bennigans and Applebee's, both of which I really disliked. I told Brian I found the food like what I call "dollhouse food" -- it looked really good and the presentation was nice but the food had no seasoning and no flavor and was not even passable to me. Yet we know people that go to Applebee's all the time and really consider it very good. But then those people we know aren't very good cooks. My brother and his wife, for instance. I don't think they'd know good food if they tasted it, though both of us always noticed my brother would have seconds if he happened to eat here, even if it was some meal that wasn't very special, like meatloaf and macaroni and cheese, or smothered eggplant with ground meat over rice -- and we'd never ever seen him have seconds of anything, even at holiday meals.  

I'm not trying to be a food snob here but we eat very well -- heck, it's one of our main financial expenditures. But we count it as entertainment, too. And we don't skimp on the ingredients we buy to make our meals, as it's just important to us. We stopped by the Dry Dock for lunch the other day and though I usually get one of their specials, I decided to get a club sandwich. I was only able to eat half of it since they made it with three slices of bread like a club often is. But what shocked me was the price: It was $14 or maybe even $14.95!  I was stunned that that's what a club sandwich costs today. It had bacon, turkey and ham (i'd have told them to skip the ham if I'd realized it and had read the description on the menu closer) but still -- for a sandwich?!  I immediately thought, "Wow, that's what I paid for those 5-1/2 pounds of beef spare ribs I just bought," even though I acknowledge they were on sale. And of course I didn't blink at paying a bit over $10 for that bottle of Korean BBQ Sauce to use with them, nor the price of two cans of hearts of palm that went into the salad or the probably $5 or $6 that container of olive salad cost me at the grocery. But then it was a delicious meal and we got two meals out of it -- plus a rib here and there for each of us between meals!  

But anyway, Beth, get ready to save up some room for good food the next time you visit N.O. Or if you order just a little bit, it will leave room for the next meal you have!  About 10 years ago, I saw a little article which said the average visitor in N.O. gains 7 lbs. if they stay here a week. My first thought?  Yep, our food is THAT good!  But then I'm a little bit prejudiced!!

Glad you still enjoyed reading about me eating like a longshoreman though -- I enjoyed every morsel. And I'd rather get an appetizer, a soup and an entrée than EVER order dessert -- been like that my whole life. But then we have great coffee, too, so I always have coffee after my meal and still had room for a Bailey's Irish Crème on the rocks with my coffee!  I can only think of one thing to say at this point:  BURP!!!!! Razz Very Happy Smile Surprised Shocked Rolling Eyes

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:We all love to hear of your adventures and stories!

Yeah!..... Me Too!

The adventures of "Brian and Michelle"
Better than reading about the Adventures of "Tarzan and Jane!"

Crybaby

Crybaby

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
bethk wrote:We all love to hear of your adventures and stories!

Yeah!..... Me Too!

The adventures of "Brian and Michelle"
Better than reading about the Adventures of "Tarzan and Jane!"

Yeah but I ate like Tarzan and he ate like Jane! When I was about three sizes bigger many years ago, I got that way by thinking I could eat as much as Brian did and not gain weight. Now I have to make sure he eats enough to get by! More good news about his weight, though -- when he went to the cancer doctor(s) last week, he again another 5 lbs. But he's been trying to eat more and he's also supplementing his meals with Boost, Carnation Essentials and another protein drink that he has 1, 2 and sometimes 3 of them each day. And though they're empty calories, he never tires of sweet stuff, for dessert and for breakfast!

I still eat much faster than him, too. You'd think I grew up in a family of 12 the way I gobble down my food. No reason for it and the exact opposite of the way I was growing up -- always the last one at the table!

15May, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch. Empty Re: May, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch. Sun May 06, 2018 11:18 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made myself a couple scrambled eggs this morning with a piece of toast. Simple and good for when I really needed a protein jump-start.

16May, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch. Empty Re: May, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch. Sun May 06, 2018 12:09 pm

Niagara Visitor

I just got a text from #1 son, he and #2 son and wives are taking me out for brunch.  Early Mothers' day because they are going fishing next week.  They're going north, so hopefully they will get some pickerel there!  YUMM.  I have no idea where we're going today, I always say that I have not met a restaurant yet where I couldn't find anything to eat.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Same with me, Lore. There's always something that is to my liking.

muzicgirl

muzicgirl

Niagara Visitor wrote:I just got a text from #1 son, he and #2 son and wives are taking me out for brunch.  Early Mothers' day because they are going fishing next week.  They're going north, so hopefully they will get some pickerel there!  YUMM.  I have no idea where we're going today, I always say that I have not met a restaurant yet where I couldn't find anything to eat.

lovely! have a wonderful time!

muzicgirl

muzicgirl

bethk wrote:I made myself a couple scrambled eggs this morning with a piece of toast.  Simple and good for when I really needed a protein jump-start.
fast and easy when you need to break the fast Smile

muzicgirl

muzicgirl

bethk wrote:I actually got back to water exercise today so my lunch was one of those little jars of OUI yogurt.....peach.  It's not much but it does help when I need to re-fuel my body.
have not tried this brand

muzicgirl

muzicgirl

Imelda HL wrote:Yesterday I was craving for some Potstickers, we have bunch homegrown Garlic chives, so here they are

I just ate 4 for my brunch today

May, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch. Dscn0010

looks good!

Last edited by muzicgirl on Sun May 06, 2018 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

bethk

bethk
Admin

OUI Yogurt.....made by Yoplait ~ a French 'style' yogurt.

I know it's not French. I know it's a marketing ploy ~ but it's a smoother yogurt and it comes in little glass jars instead of plastic.

So for now it's my yogurt of choice.....

muzicgirl

muzicgirl

Crybaby wrote:

Gladly, Beth!  ...  So you just have to believe me!

sounds like a wonderful, special evening, Michelle.  Glad you and Brian got to celebrate and enjoy! <3

Crybaby

Crybaby

Niagara Visitor wrote:I just got a text from #1 son, he and #2 son and wives are taking me out for brunch.  Early Mothers' day because they are going fishing next week.  They're going north, so hopefully they will get some pickerel there!  YUMM.  I have no idea where we're going today, I always say that I have not met a restaurant yet where I couldn't find anything to eat.

Me, too, Lore! I hope you enjoyed yourself. And next weekend you're sure to have some fresh fish headed your way. Yummy.

25May, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch. Empty Re: May, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch. Sun May 06, 2018 10:19 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I cooked eggs and Tina fried bacon. I had rye bread toasted with butter till it soaked it all up! Ummmm!

Looks like a smiley face! hahaaha

May, 2018 ~ Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch. Img_0910

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum