Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

September 2016 Breakfast / Brunch / Lunch

+2
bethk
1DomesticGoddess
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Thanks. I made it even though I thought Charlie would not be enthusiastic about it but he had seconds and thirds.

If I were there, you or Charlie would have had None.... I would have eaten it all. That Looks so good! ...
That, and some good crusty bread a a soaker / pusher, Ummmmm!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Breakfast today, was two white toast; buttered, and coffee.
Lunch was a container of those Nissan beef and noodles. Simple hot water ad wait 2 minutes, enjoy. And the beef....OMG, they said more beef than ever, and they were right. I found 1 teaspoon of those beef sponge pieces......A whole teaspoon full!!...LOL

bethk

bethk
Admin

You ought to be happy there wasn't more of that 'faux' beef.....

just sayin'

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Rain they said for Monday night, and raining it is. Nice. A little warm out ( 63 ) but nice to listen to the rain.
I had a slice of toast for Monday's breakfast. It was Dr. Day, so I ate light.
NOW... That will be different for today. I want eggs scrambled with yellow Land O Lakes cheese. Toast browned / burned and buttered only when cooled off. I like to see and bite the butter on everything I eat with butter.
BTW... I never knew this. The butter comes in 1/2 sticks. There are 8 1/2 sticks in the 1 lb box of butter. I want the Pillsbury country biscuits in the tube of 10 little biscuits per tube, but they are not being made anymore. Tina called Pillsbury, and the woman said they are not produced for now, but may be offered in a different way at a later date. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! We are so mad. And the grands and the flaky biscuits are N O T  the same.  I did some research, but came up with no other brands in a refrigerator tube that are similar.

Roades frozen 36 pack are close. We will have to try them. I don't know?? Any suggestions?? We are so sorry they were discontinued. Tina has recipes that use them.

September 2016 Breakfast / Brunch / Lunch - Page 2 Pillsbury-biscuits-country-style

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy - I picked up a Pillsbury "Southern Style" biscuit here in Palm Beach to have with our sausage gravy. They were pretty good for a 'tube' biscuit. I think the offerings change from place to place and area to area so just keep looking.....

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:Jimmy - I picked up a Pillsbury "Southern Style" biscuit here in Palm Beach to have with our sausage gravy.  They were pretty good for a 'tube' biscuit.  I think the offerings change from place to place and area to area so just keep looking.....

Last week, Brian surprised me with a couple of warm cinnamon rolls with icing he made from the tube; I was in bed waiting for my pain pill to kick in and enjoying a cup of coffee he'd already brought me so it was quite a treat. (He does that with bagels and cream cheese some mornings when I'm late coming downstairs, as he knows I've taken morning pills so he wants me to have something in my stomach.) I didn't even know he'd picked up one of those tubes of sweet rolls. You know, considering the price, the convenience and ease of making, those things are darn good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum