Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This is not food related, but how about some wine!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DomesticGoddess

1DomesticGoddess

Beth and other members of this forum.  I thought I'd post a picture of the wines my daughter Jen and her husband Shennon make. They make quite a variety of wine(s).  The last one they made was an onion wine, which Jen's going to use in some of her chicken dishes.  Sorry the picture isn't more clear and up close, but I snagged this pic of Jen's Facebook page.

This is not food related, but how about some wine! Jenny%2527s%2Bwine

bethk

bethk
Admin

Holy Moley! That's some SERIOUS wine making.

It must be fun to have a daughter and son-in-law who enjoy experimenting with making wines and then coming up with dishes to utilize the different varieties.

1DomesticGoddess

1DomesticGoddess

bethk wrote:Holy Moley!  That's some SERIOUS wine making.

It must be fun to have a daughter and son-in-law who enjoy experimenting with making wines and then coming up with dishes to utilize the different varieties.

Haven't heard that Jen made dishes with the wine just yet, but when she does and lets us know how it turned out, I'll inform you of it.  I know Jen & Shennon give some of their wines to a few people for them to try, including us, but I find the wine is a bit too strong for me, but if you mix it with Sprite or Sierra Mist, it tastes more like a wine cooler, and I like wine coolers!

Crybaby

Crybaby

Wow -- that's a lot of wine. I have no desire to make it but I enjoy drinking it. It's what I drink on a regular basis outside of the occasional cocktail.

I like a nice crisp Sauvignon Blanc, I'm drinking a couple bottles of nice rose' this summer, and I usually have on hand a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon and a Pinot Noir in case I want a glass of red, or if someone stops by who prefers red. I drink more of that in the winter, though my wine of choice is still Sauvignon Blanc in the winter. It's good by the glass and I enjoy it with almost any food as well.

Brian's not much of a wine drinker (he drinks beer primarily and an occasional Scotch) but he will have a glass of wine occasionally depending on what he's eating.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum