Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pig Out food

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pig Out food Empty Pig Out food Wed May 15, 2013 8:43 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

do you have a food that just keeps calling your name till you eat every last one??? I DO

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Black Olives..... I love you

I wasn't in the least hungry & saw my Black olives in the fridge.I ate 6oz container . All of them every last one Gone..
Do I feel bad.. Nope.. bounce

I figure it could be worse..1/2gal of rocky road..

Now I have to buy some more tongue

2Pig Out food Empty Re: Pig Out food Wed May 15, 2013 8:53 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Barbara101 wrote:do you have a food that just keeps calling your name till you eat every last one??? I DO

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Black Olives..... I love you

I wasn't in the least hungry & saw my Black olives in the fridge.I ate 6oz container . All of them every last one Gone..
Do I feel bad.. Nope.. bounce

I figure it could be worse..1/2gal of rocky road..

Now I have to buy some more tongue

fried or roasted peanuts... I just fried 2 lbs of raw peanuts to make spicy peanut and potato ( an Indonesian food) and I can't stop picking up the peanuts only, soon it will be a spicy fried potato without peanuts lol! Wink

Pig Out food 49

3Pig Out food Empty Re: Pig Out food Wed May 15, 2013 8:59 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Mine would be a croissant...or, should I say a package of 6 mini croissants.

I told myself a few months ago, go ahead and buy that package of 6 mini croissants. You can have 1 for lunch with chicken salad....

Well, I had one as soon as I got home. I DID have one for my lunch with chicken salad. I had one (had to see how it would be warmed in the toaster oven.....) for an afternoon snack, had one as a "dinner roll" with supper that night, and (big surprise) had another one heated up in the toaster oven with homemade strawberry jam as a snack when I was watching TV. OK, so that was ONLY five of them.

I made French toast for breakfast the next morning with the last one.

I cannot buy those croissants ~ I have no self control at all. But, know what? I still stop at the bakery at Fresh Market just to smell the fresh bread every time I'm there for groceries.

But now I have a "better" choice ~ and I just have a small serving at a time.....

We went to Sam's Club this afternoon and I got a container of red raspberries and blueberries. I'll fill a small condiment dish with the raspberries and eat them one right after the other, savoring each and every one. The blueberries will be coated with some Greek yogurt for breakfast.

4Pig Out food Empty Re: Pig Out food Wed May 15, 2013 9:03 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda HL wrote:
fried or roasted peanuts... I just fried 2 lbs of raw peanuts to make spicy peanut and potato ( an Indonesian food) and I can't stop picking up the peanuts only, soon it will be a spicy fried potato without peanuts lol! Wink

Imelda - that looks really, REALLY good. Is the recipe posted on your blog?

If not, will you explain in a post in the recipe section, please?

5Pig Out food Empty Re: Pig Out food Wed May 15, 2013 9:04 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Pig Out food 2876911673

here in the south it is boiled peanuts.if you don't like them they will throw you out of the state.

I decided to make some. I made them ONCE!!! My house smelled like someone knocked over the chithouse Crying or Very sad for days on end too.I will not be doing that again lol.

you think rotten eggs smell bad??? Got noting on boiled peanuts..

6Pig Out food Empty Re: Pig Out food Wed May 15, 2013 10:17 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:
Imelda HL wrote:

Imelda - that looks really, REALLY good. Is the recipe posted on your blog?

If not, will you explain in a post in the recipe section, please?

okidokie.. I'll do it later... it's still so hot here, no mood to write more Pig Out food 387840482

Barbara... I love boiled peanuts too.. my most favorite food is peanuts.. they called me miss peanut when I was a little girl... they just bribed me with peanuts and I'd sit nicely for hours
Pig Out food 2876911673

7Pig Out food Empty Re: Pig Out food Thu May 16, 2013 8:54 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I just thought of another one for me.

I have to avoid buying those Chocolate Wafer Cookies - the ones you smash up to make chocolate crumb pie crust out of....not the Oreos (although I'll eat those, too), but the plain, thin, crisp dark chocolate cookies.

If I buy those for a recipe, say a strawberry yogurt pie or parfait with those cookies smashed for crust or crumbs to layer...I cannot stop at just one or two. I want them all. I may have, in the past, purchased two packages for a recipe because I just knew I was going to eat one package all by myself.

So now I just don't buy them. lol

8Pig Out food Empty Re: Pig Out food Thu May 16, 2013 9:03 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

Peanut Butter!!!

Absolutely love right out of the jar. Just take the jar and a spoon and I am all set! I love you

and of course ice cream! I cannot keep any in the house!!!
What a Face
Chocolate-once I start~forget it! Razz

Pig Out food 1297124391

love the smilies!!

9Pig Out food Empty Re: Pig Out food Thu May 16, 2013 9:58 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Boy, Cookingirl, don't I know what you're talking about!

"If you build it, they will come..." ~ ~ translates to: "If you buy it, you will eat it..."

LOL

I think of this as avoidance...and it's something I employ all the time.

I'm a smoker. But I've been AVOIDING cigarettes since the 27th of December. (how come I can remember that date but I can't remember my anniversary???) OK, I've let myself indulge a few times but, for the most part, am keeping my promise to myself to quit that filthy habit. But I don't kid myself. I know (from talking to other former smokers) I will desire a cigarette to light up for a very long time.

So, I'm doing the same thing with high carbs right now. I'm not dropping weight off like some anorexic model, but I DO feel better not eating so much. I think it'll take time to get use to making better food choices for my health but this seems much easier than not smoking to me. Gee, might be that chemical addiction thing, I don't know! lol

And for now, I'm still not giving up my alcohol...a girl can only do SO much!

10Pig Out food Empty Re: Pig Out food Thu May 16, 2013 1:27 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

cookingirl wrote:Peanut Butter!!!

Absolutely love right out of the jar. Just take the jar and a spoon and I am all set! I love you

and of course ice cream! I cannot keep any in the house!!!
What a Face
Chocolate-once I start~forget it! Razz

Pig Out food 1297124391

love the smilies!!

Cyn Pig Out food 3602300868 Pig Out food 3602300868 Pig Out food 3602300868 you are so me Pig Out food 2876911673 I'm a peanut butter lover too, the chunky PB... spoon it from the jar to my mouth, spread it on Ritz crackers, top it on my ice cream, drop it on my cookie dough and more

I love the icons too, wish we have "EATING" icon now Pig Out food 3267860543
Pig Out food 3267860543

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum