Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Artie update

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Artie update Empty Artie update Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:03 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

Got the final rests, thru his own Vet,(Dr H) via voice mail (I was in the shower).
Unfortunately, Yes, Artie has early kidney failure... Sad Sad Sad
He is just not himself..
still sweet and looks to me to help him... Crying or Very sad

Dr H will be in the office late this afternoon. I will call her then. In the meantime, I cannot find a food for him. He is still craving his favorite. I am still thinking it is his favorite food. There have been 284 reports of it being the only common agent in cat and dog renal failure. Some involving young, healthy pets. I contacting the company and they will not admit anything. During this episode, each time I give it to him, he gets worse.
Well, I guess that point is mute now..
Now I will have no option but to buy the prescription kidney food for him. Hope he eats it.
I will get some (3 different brands) and try them out for him, today..
Other option is home made food--or raw...If I was home full time it could have been an option.
so prescription it is..
Thanks so much for all your support...

2Artie update Empty Re: Artie update Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:16 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Cyn, if he's good and hungry the first time you give him a new food you'll probably have a better time getting him to accept it later. When our cat was dx with feline leukemia we ended up giving him jarred baby food meats because he was so underweight. He loved it. When he was 17 years old he weighed 15 pounds....he survived the leukemia scare and had a long life.

3Artie update Empty Re: Artie update Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:33 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

yah the vet pushed that food on me. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ junk.first product was pork by products Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad read the lable. they, vets get HUGE kick backs for selling that trash.

I made raw for my cat. she ate some of it.but mostly she tried to cover it up lol.

check out you tube or even pinterst for recipes.now my puppers love the food I cook for them.Cat no way...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum