Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do not download Flashplayer update!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Do not download Flashplayer update! Empty Do not download Flashplayer update! Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:47 am

NormM

NormM

At least not until you have read this message.  A little while ago, I could not post anything here, then I got a message that flash player update needed to be updated.  I have a new computer and everything is up to date but clicked without thinking.  Then I got a message that my computer was infected and I needed to download a fix for it.  The message looked like it came from my browser, not Apple and I already had a good security guard so I went to close it and it would not let me leave.  I was locked on to the site.  Fortunately Mac had a force quit feature that lets me leave something even if the site does now want to cooperate.  I checked my computer and it was OK.

My suspicion is the warning I got is a link to the real virus, not a cure.

edit, the top of the page is now displaying something about this plug in has crashed, click here. Update your plugin by clicking here. It clearly has not crashed.  Barb, if you can, get Formation.com to check out this site for an infection.
PS
This may just be on my computer but if anyone else is seeing it, beware.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum