Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A blast from the past!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A blast from the past! Empty A blast from the past! Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:20 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I was out in the golf cart this morning and I noticed a lady who had stopped at the side of the road. I thought she might be having trouble with her golf cart so I stopped to ask if she needed assistance.

She replied, "No. But thank you anyway. I just need to answer my cell phone".

Then I noticed her put her 'flip phone' to her ear. I swear, the darn thing was over 12" long! No kidding! I haven't seen anything like that since 'bag phones' went out of fashion in the 1980's.....

I had to drive away before she saw me laughing.......

2A blast from the past! Empty Re: A blast from the past! Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:28 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Too funny, Beth! Those things were heavy as all get out, too.

Some joker in traffic many years ago tried to "pull us over" pretending he was a policeman but he did it with a white cordless phone! Both Brian and I burst out laughing when he held it up and then he sped off!

3A blast from the past! Empty Re: A blast from the past! Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:28 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah, my girls use to ride with me and take a pink Princess phone along in the car. At stop lights they would open the window and try to hand the phone to the car next to us, saying, "It's for YOU!"

LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum