Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wow!! April already Dinners.

+4
UNCLE JIMMY
Bugster2
Niagara Visitor
NormM
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 20]

76 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:36 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Halusky & beet greens. Yum.

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 IMG_20160406_171149724

77 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:43 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

lol I went to aldi on a whim and bought some German sausages. cabbages and spaetzle . I went all out and bought a $5.bottle of wine  Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 652761166

78 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:47 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I must have forgot I hate greens ..I bought a hand full of collards. affraid

79 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:22 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

We are trying a vegetarian sandwich: squaw bread, mayo, cheddar, avocado, sprouts, tomato, red onion, cucumber, jack cheese.

80 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:08 pm

Niagara Visitor

O.K. Gotta add my 2 cents to this. What really annoys me, and I often call people out on it, is if some clerk or cashier in a grocery store or restaurant calls me dear, sweetie, honey or any other thing like that. I am not their dear or whatever. Just because my hair is grey, don't assume that I am senile.

81 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:57 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 1111111%20fish%20t.

LOL you should would not like it here in the south..

82 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:58 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Beth that looks good.Is that a new way you made them??

83 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:05 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:That waffle maker looks commercial. What brand is it?

It is an older commercial "Toastmaster". Makes 2- 7 inch waffles.
Got it on a job Demolition of a cafeteria. It wasn't working, so they threw it out.
I grabbed it .....

I repaired a wire inside that had broken off, and it works great. 1,650 watts.
It makes great waffles, and they never stick. The heating plates are so thick and heavy. It's so darn heavy though. It must weigh at least 30 pounds.

84 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:52 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Bugster2 wrote:I didn't know there was a Better Than Bouillon Beef Au Jus. Obviously you like it or you wouldn't use it. I have to give it a try. What else do you use it for?

We use it to make au jus for French dip sandwiches that Brian loves. I've also made some au jus in a skillet to heat up some sliced deli roast beef to serve alongside mashed potatoes or rice for a fast supper, an au jus to heat up any type of leftover beef dishes that need moistening and as an additive to anything I want to ramp up the beef flavor in, whether it's soup, spaghetti sauce, or whatever. I've used it as a base with a good red wine to make a beef gravy (we don't use gravy mixes as we don't like them). I always go light on the salt while cooking (until a dish is almost done) so I always have "room" to add it or the Low-Salt Chicken Better Than Bouillon, as they do add salt to a dish, even the low-salt type. I like them all but the Beef Au Jus is my hands down favorite.

85 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:10 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Beth, I tried that Salisbury steak recipe you posted, albeit with a few minor changes, and we both really liked it (and I usually don't care for Salisbury steak). I used fresh garlic instead of the powder and added a half a pound of sliced button and cremini mushrooms with butter and a tad of olive oil. Also beefed up the sauce a bit with some Better Than Bouillon Beef Au Jus. Served it with mashed potatoes once and basmati rice with the leftovers with fresh asparagus on the side.

Brian's been hurting lately so he hasn't been eating very much but he polished up his leftover dinner for lunch the following day. It's the first time I had Salisbury steak where it didn't just seem like eating a hamburger with gravy -- much better taste. Thanks!

86 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:14 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I found a jar of the au jus. Had to pay $7 for it. I opened it and had a taste. Not bad. I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet.

87 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:34 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugster2 wrote:I found a jar of the au jus. Had to pay $7 for it. I opened it and had a taste. Not bad. I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet.

jeezz. I will not buy it if it costs that much.. No No No

Huge pass......

88 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:04 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

It was the only place I could find it and at the most expensive grocery store in the area. I am sure I can find it somewhere else but I am not going to go hunting for it. If I run across it elsewhere for less - great. Anyway that jar is gong to last a loooong time.

89 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:32 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

http://www.soupsonline.com/p-702-better-than-bouillon-au-jus-base.aspx

3 other onlines discontinued it.

Wal mart has it too.

90 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:52 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

My Walmart doesn't carry it.

91 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:20 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Bugster2 wrote:I found a jar of the au jus. Had to pay $7 for it. I opened it and had a taste. Not bad. I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet.

It's about $4.75/jar here, Bug, though I used to pay more when I ordered it online.  But then the local nice grocery we shop at started carrying it so now it's not only handy but cheaper, too.  But I pay what I have to when I like something and get a lot of use out of it.  Online is where I first discovered it, and a lot more online vendors carry it now than when I first started using it.  Hope you end up liking it, as we sure do.

92 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:24 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 12512634_957298314346605_2793290570329312522_n

Shrimp  and  grits.

93 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:51 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tonights supper for ME, was Seafood that was left frozen from DD's birthday dinner in February. I had it over angel hair.

Tina had Egg salad 1/2 a sandwich....and no dessert yet for either of us!

94 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:15 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Crybaby wrote:

It's about $4.75/jar here, Bug, though I used to pay more when I ordered it online.  But then the local nice grocery we shop at started carrying it so now it's not only handy but cheaper, too.  But I pay what I have to when I like something and get a lot of use out of it.  Online is where I first discovered it, and a lot more online vendors carry it now than when I first started using it.  Hope you end up liking it, as we sure do.

I had a taste but the jury is out. It needs to be mixed in with something.

95 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:55 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I think I caught DD's cold.....the cough is a killer.

But, supper last night before I just dropped into bed was before I realized I have something lethal....

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 IMG_20160408_170314261

96 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:05 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

bethk wrote:I think I caught DD's cold.....the cough is a killer.  

But, supper last night before I just dropped into bed was before I realized I have something lethal....

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 IMG_20160408_170314261

Beth, Take care of yourself....be good to yourself, for a change...let others take care of you!
you deserve it..

97 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:10 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

Last night I made some of my own shake and bake pork chops....

soaked the chops in some buttermilk, than in a mixture of: plain panko, parsley, onion, garlic, paprika, sage, salt and black pepper....spices were from Penzey's...

Then I put it on a non stick foil lined baking pan;
in the oven for 45 min at 375....
flipped over once (due to my crazy oven)

It was really good..
had a bit of a kick to it...

Had that with a salad and some applesauce...

not enough though. Should have had a veggie with it.

I was full at first, but had to have some chocolate pudding later...I am bad Evil or Very Mad

98 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:06 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Sounds good Cyn . Gosh I have not made applesauce in a long time .or pudding lol

Yeah I knew something up with Beth !

I made a cake and dinners but when no one but me here, I lose interest .

99 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:53 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 620x413_rhubarbsmaller1458312728

Rhubarb = chunky sauce for cake.. and cake..

100 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:54 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Beth your dinner looks great..  Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 4 2599281016

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum