Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fried Chicken

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fried Chicken Empty Fried Chicken Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:20 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Do you fry with or without the skin? Buttermilk brine? What kind of seasoning do you use?

2Fried Chicken Empty Re: Fried Chicken Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:25 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

All of that. Flour , Salt,pepper,onion powder.garlic powder.sometimes I throw in paprika.However.....

I have not fried chicken in a long time,makes to much mess.

3Fried Chicken Empty Re: Fried Chicken Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:40 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I know you mean fried chicken, but the other day I baked my chicken, it turned out so good, moist meat and crunchy skins ( I love the skin part  Razz ).. I brined them in buttermilk  ( season with salt, black pepper, pepper flakes, garlic powder ), then coat with breadcrumbs + panko + fried shallots crumbs, lay the chickens on the rack in a baking pan, baked for 15 minutes in high heat (450'F), then continue baking in 350'f for about 50 to 60 minutes

Fried Chicken 33-2

4Fried Chicken Empty Re: Fried Chicken Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:42 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Looks wonderful.. Fried Chicken 4137497845 

5Fried Chicken Empty Re: Fried Chicken Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:44 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

YUM, Have not had oven baked fried chicken in years!!!!!
I have a good recipe for it..very similar to Imelda's..
soak in buttermilk, or reg milk or even plain yogurt, coat in bread crumbs (seasoned) (s.p, parsley, some paprika--whatever you want), place on a lightly oiled baking sheet, either spray Pam or dot some oil on them; bake at 375 for about an hour......depending on size of pieced.
can be either skinned or skin on. I usually take the skin off.  Oh, I also add a bit of italian cheese to the bread crumb mix....

6Fried Chicken Empty Re: Fried Chicken Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:23 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I soak my chicken with skin in buttermilk with sriracha sauce for some flavor. Then into a combo of flour, corn flour and spices (whatever I feel like or happen to touch in the pantry that day) and allow to sit uncovered in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or so to dry out a bit and allow the buttermilk to be absorbed into the flour coating.

Then into about 1/2" of hot oil, not enough to cover the chicken pieces. I find the shallower frying allows the steam to be released and then the coating stays put. I brown on both sides and then onto a rack and into the oven for about 15 minutes at 400° to finish. I just want to be absolutely sure the chicken is DONE. No slimy juicy joints for me~!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum